A slight problem.

Posted by ChaioLux 
A slight problem.
Date: June 16, 2015 03:32PM
Posted by: ChaioLux
So I have freshly re-installed the game and did all the patches/graphic changes and whatnot, but I have a slight problem in that I can't hear the engine of car as I drive. I can hear the other car's engines as they drive past but once I go onboard to another car, I can't hear the engine again.

Any help is appreciated.
Re: A slight problem.
Date: June 17, 2015 12:47AM
Posted by: thehornet1970
the first thing i would try is gpxpatch sound is ticked the second is try the in game sounds
Date: June 18, 2015 03:05PM
Everything is ticked and ready, but I hear no sound at all now.

Edit: There's more problems too. I still have the old white graphics glitches on cars, hud, everything. I've done everything I can including the things that are supposed to fix the problem, but nothing works. This is on a default, clean install of GP4 with the patch and no-cd. Nothing else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2015 03:33PM by ChaioLux.
Date: June 18, 2015 08:14PM
the white on the cars= set your in game graphics etc to high this may sound silly but have to ask..is gp4 the only sounds that dont work??
Date: June 19, 2015 08:13AM
Everything has been set to high, and yes that's correct. I can hear everything else but gp4 sounds. Just note though I can hear the menu music, but nothing else.
Date: June 19, 2015 11:53PM
found this but not sure if it will help
[rsdi.home.xs4all.nl]
[www.gp4central.com]
Date: June 20, 2015 08:42AM
Posted by: Lo2k
I got the white cars too after a recent reinstallation of the game + patch + nocd.
This was due to the fact some values were left from past GP4 installation in windows registry.
So when I installed game it was ok, when I installed patch, it seems to install something but warned me it was already installed (so it wasn't installed), and thus I installed 1.02 nocd over a non patched game, resulting in white cars for half of them.

So 2 things to check :
- did you use the right nocd ? 1.00 for original, 1.02 for patched one. Maybe in your case patch worked but you installed 1.00 nocd over patched game.
- uninstall your game, go in registry using regedit and check and delete if present : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 hive (folder). Note that this is the path on windows 7 64 bits, it might be different with another OS.
Then reinstall your game, patch and nocd and it might be good for cars.

For sounds, what's your sound card ? I believe you might try to reinstall your sound card driver. I got different troubles with sounds too and it was always due to my sound card driver. Damn Creative drivers.

Date: July 06, 2015 04:09AM
The previous problem was fixed, but there's another problem now. I'm using a different PC, and I've installed the game through an ISO since I didn't have the disc with me. Once I installed the game and everything, I then added all the usual patches in the correct order, set the game to compatibility, admin, etcera. It's giving me a 'Insert CD and try again' message. The operating system is Windows 8.1 I believe.
Date: July 06, 2015 07:10PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Remove automatic shortcut on your desktop, copy the nocd exe over the GP4.exe and try again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy