Gp4.exe no cd

Posted by madotter 
Gp4.exe no cd
Date: May 09, 2015 03:25PM
Posted by: madotter
I have installed GP4 on my Surface Pro 3 and have never been able to get the no cd side to work. I always have to have an image loaded in daemon tools but no this has stopped working :( I have tried downloading other GP4.exe files but it always comes up with "No cd inserted, please try again".

Can anyone provide a working decrypted no cd .exe file?

Thanks,
Iain.
Re: Gp4.exe no cd
Date: May 09, 2015 03:29PM
And yes, I have downloaded the one from this site in the FAQ section. Still comes up with "CD not present" error.

Is this maybe a Windows 8.1 thing? I have the compatibility settings on "XP SP3" and "Run as admin".

So annoying...
Date: May 09, 2015 04:55PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Did you install the official patch before to replace the no cd.exe into your installation folder?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: May 09, 2015 06:32PM
Posted by: Lo2k
2 other ideas:
- Do not use the original shortcut on your desktop
- Did you install the game in C: ?

Date: May 09, 2015 06:34PM
I installed the game, then official patch, then decrypted exec and I use a shortcut to gpxpatch, all on C:
Date: May 09, 2015 07:19PM
Posted by: Excalibur
A question: Do you have ever installed GP4 on your HDD before or a long time ago?

If, yes, you have to uninstall your game properly and to clean your registry with ccleaner before to make a fresh install. For me, it looks like a dll is missing or a conflict with previous files installed.

If no, several things to check:
1- Both Gp4.exe (nocd) & gpxpatch.exe must be ran as administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows xp SP3 ( it can run without but it is better to avoid crashes or compatibility conflicts)
2- with the CD insert message, do you see another message with bink.dll or bink32.dll file missing? If yes: check this thread and Mortal's message: [www.grandprixgames.org]
3- Try with this working nocd: I have used it since years and with several re-installations: [www.mediafire.com] (don't forget to set run as admin and compatibility mode)
In general, into the installation process, once the game, official patch and no cd is installed, you have to launch the game once (not necessary a race but until the menu) , save and quit before to install GPxPatch.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy