GPGSL S10 R11: Brazilian Wax Grand Prix - Interlagos [Perfs posted][Seat Vacancy]

Posted by GPGSL 
Good race so far by Dean, but I'm not content with the pace of Chris.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
My start was not so good, I am still having trouble getting heat in the tyres! Anyhow solid race so far, we are looking for some good points for MPR. I hope I can gain a few places after the pitstop!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Boost working as expected... but that statement is an honest one actually, I expected this to happen ;)

Awfully slow on the whole weekend.
@ John - My condolences to you, your wife and family. If you need me to take over coverage, just let me know mate.

@ Mal - Ouch! I know what damaged ribs feel like, not nice at all! Get well soon mate, take all the time you need to recover.

@ Greg - There is no rules concerning this, the only one that comes close is a team owner being excluded from the series. In that case, the lead driver takes over for the rest of the season, but continues as a race driver. In these circumstances, I see no problems with you continuing as race driver whilst you take over temporary control of the team.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Brett Sinclair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To John... my sincere condolences to you, you're
> family and friends with this loss.
>
> To Mal...a speed recovery.
>
> Family and health comes at first place... take
> your time my friends !!!

Well said, thinking of you all.

So far, so good... from 12th to 9th in 8 laps, still 17 to go !

And a nice job so far for you Carlos, keep the pace up... push the pedal to the metal my friend !

@Tom (brunoboi) : thx for the compliment. ;-)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
GPGSL - Round 3 - Malaysian GP - Sepang - Race Day - Part 2

Welcome back in Sepang. And we immediately dive back into the action with the two JHRs battling it out on their own. This time with the better end for Moinet.

But further up in the field, there's disaster for Silvestre and Snake! He was having such a good race, but now he locks up, bumps into Jalving's back and spins!

Jalving can continue without losing a position, at least.

But Silvestre needs long to get out of the gravel and has to let pass the whole field. That's a solid points position wasted.

Moinet is meanwhile a bit too eager, too, but fortunately no further consequences for either driver.

Pedersen dives to the inside of Warrington and takes the position from the GGP driver.

Here is the confirmation that Silvestre is dead last after this stormy approach.

At least teammate Legge is doing a better job and cleanly overtakes McCarty.

However, McCarty is all but happy with this situation and retakes his position at the following straight.

For once we have time to go back to race leader Rodriguez, and we see that his lead is still extensive.

And Kederer is eager to get 3rd from Greenhalgh.

Drama for the other Snake driver, too? Horvath locks up and drives straight into Legge's rear!

But Legge can continue, while Horvath is now the one holding up the drivers behind him.

He can hold his position, but other drivers, like Warrington, are trying to make use out of the chaos.

And Nell is also eager to get past Horvath.

And Cartwright ...

... spins a second time! Probably it's good that the driver will get a few testing time ... if at all.

This, now, really leaves him at the back of the field. Not a massive loss, though. It clearly wasn't Cartwright's day.

And what is Legge doing? He's locking up ...

... and drifts into the gravel.

And to make matters even worse, it took him ages to return to the track. Legge's race is over.

At the front, Kederer is now close enough for an attack on Greenhalgh and dives to the inside.

That's a clean pass for the German in the last curve and P3.

Cartwright, despite his second spin, is back to P18 already.

But Copeman isn't agreeing with this and stays close behind.

Meanwhile we see Legge's big distance to teammate Silvestre. What a horror day for Snake.

McCarthy is still in a fight with Karjalainen, but so far with the better end for the Finn.

At the front, Rodriguez is easily holding the roughly 4.5 second lead.

McCarthy going serious now, with another attack on Karjalainen, and this time he makes the move.

The current champion Gilson is also stuck in a fight backwards so that he's not really in the position to catch up with Jalving in front of him.

And here's the next disaster coming up. Moinet crashes into the back of van Smirren. The Frenchman spins and the Dutchman glides into the gravel.

Van Smirren is lucky and can rejoin the track quickly ...

... while Moinet has to wait a little longer and then misses the traction to keep Horvath behind him and ends up P15.

The back of the field keeps bringing the action as Pedersen locks up and bumps into Nell. But both drivers can keep going at their respective positions.

Yet, Warrington is the winner of the situation, since he could close up to Pedersen and catch him at the end of the main straight.

This is the last move before our final commercial break. But we promise to be back just in time for the upcoming pit stops.

MORE POWEERRRRRrr

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
What a ridiculous amount of cars hitting other cars, even without damage.

On another note ... ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
@John, my condolences. Take care of yourself, your wife and your family in this time of need.

@Mal, hope you will feel better soon, wishing you a speedy recovery!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Three dreadful races in a row...don't really have any more to say. This needs to stop now.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
sorry to hear the sad news john :(
no need to apologize for anything.

on the race, wow, what happend with our pace???
I'm aware that it's still a few cars bumping into each other and we might have a look on that for next season, and this time really. The AI mistakes were already reduced to 10 and at least the cars are cleanly making the last corner, while with AI mistakes 40, they crashed each other out in every single lap. I know it's frustrating for some, but in the end there were only 3 bumps with real negative effect for the drivers and that's not more than in most other races.

As for the MACs, I totally agree that their pace is ridiculous with the boost. But I double checked two times that I replaced the right perfs and they're okay. It's really the game playing its games. Nonetheless I'm, of course, sorry that their boost is so wasted.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
GPGSL - Round 3 - Malaysian GP - Sepang - Race Day - Part 3

We're back in Sepang for the final part of the race coverage, just in time to see leader Rodriguez heading for the pits. So the race leader is opening the pit stops. Possibly he's trying to avoid an undercut on him? But with still over 4 seconds lead, he should be safe in the lead anyway.

Both Maverick and Kederer stay out, with Maverick taking the temporary lead.

Greenhalgh, Ellecker and others follow Rodriguez, though.

It looks like Kederer is on fire and determined to keep the distance to Maverick as close as possible.

Not so good for Greenhalgh. He rejoins the track, after his stop, just behind Pedersen's MAC. This could cost him some time.

Current champion Gilson is currently in 6th, but hasn't stopped yet and is hunted by Demon Aussi Daniel Thomas.

One round later, more drivers enter the pits.

But both Maverick and Kederer still stay out. Now the question is, what can they squeeze out of their old tyres?

Greenhalgh finally makes it past Pedersen, who still hasn't pitted yet. In the background we see Kittleson leaving the pits. This could get close with Ellecker.

But he makes it. Kittleson now in front of the AMR driver again.

Finally the leading couple enters the pits together. Now it's about whose mechanics is going to work quicker.

De Bruyker and Thomas follow them, too.

Greenhalgh has made some more progress and is now back on 8th, but after the latest pit stops, he should be further up soon again.

Pedersen now is one of the last to pit.

Rodriguez is, obviously, back in the lead and there's no sign of a driver behind him anywhere close. If nothing happens with the car or his concentration, he won't be beaten today.

Only there come Maverick and Kederer and we see that the drivers have kept their positions, with the AMR crew having done a slightly better job, it seems.

Greenhalgh once again stuck behind a driver. This time it's Nell, though, who is only so far in front because he hasn't pitted yet. So he won't hold up Greenhalgh for long.

And here's the confirmation. At the end of the round, Nell is out of Greenhalgh's way.

Copeman is the last the enter the pits, but he won't be able to nearly keep this 12th position, although it's where those MACs rather should have been.

Legge still far behind the rest of the field and who can blame him. With such a distance, it's unlikely that he still has too much motivation left.

Nell back in 18th after his pit stop, with Cartwright and Warrington just in front of him. Maybe he can make some more progress, but it'll be hard to snatch some points today.

Same goes for Silvestre, who has, at least, caught up with one of the MACs again.

Kederer drives another fastest lap. He is obviously still eager to make some progress, but hopefully he won't ruin his tyres with this aggressive driving style.

The two TNRs might be the battling pair for the last point.

And DeBruyker is also closing in on Ellecker. So there is still some action coming up towars the end of the race.

Yet another fastest lap from Kederer! It might be enough for an attack on Maverick, but Rodriguez is out of reach.

Let's confirm that every driver did their demanded pit stop.

And DeBruyker is now hanging in Ellecker's engine. The attack will definitely be coming soon. The ONE driver is having a far better pace than the other ... uhm ... the AMR, I mean.

And here comes the inevitable. DeBruyker dives to the inside and takes Ellecker easily.

Copeman, however, is determined to catch Silvestre, at least.

But before this might happen, Moinet takes his courage together and attacks Karjalainen for P13. With easy success, in the end.

Soon after, Copeman does the same. He regains his position from Silvestre.

Kederer has definitely closed the distance to Maverick, but there are only 4 rounds left.

Rodriguez is meanwhile managing those 4.5 seconds as all race long.

Fire! There's fire in Cartwright's engine. That's gonna be the end for the two-time spinner. Not a glorious (temporary?) end to his main series career.

And while we see Moinet preparing for a move on Horvath, we get the confirmation. Cartwright had an oil leak that burned down his engine.

Moinet then dives to the inside and takes P12 from Horvath, and with this snatches a point away. So much to the TNRs battling out the last points position.

Kederer seems to have ruined his tyres too much. He can't close down on Maverick anymore.

Thomas, who lost some time during the pit stops, takes 13th back from Karjalainen.

But the TNR driver isn't giving it away so easily and takes it back just a few turns later.

Van Smirren is out in the gras! And he's slow. That must be a mechanical problem. What a pity for the second Shadow driver. He was safe for a few points.

And we get the confirmation. Van Smirren is out with a suspension failure.

At the front, Rodriguez is starting the last lap. Behind, Kederer still doesn't seem to be giving in, but can he squeeze the last bit out of his tyres?

Thomas is having another go at Karjalainen.

And he gets through again.

Back at the front of the field and Rodriguez crosses the finish line! A brilliant drive from the ONE driver and a very deserved win. Nobody got close to him, a cool and clean drive from the young race driver. And just what he needed to get himself back into Dan Paddock's thoughts for Ed Greenhalgh's replacement, after the season. Matteo Scala vs. Carlos Rodriguez vs. Mr. X? Time will tell.

With quite a gap follow Maverick and Kederer. The latter kept pressure on Maverick for almost the whole race, but that little mistake eventually cost him P2, although he was the quicker driver. Will the podium be enough to get his mood better though?

Ed Greenhalgh follows on P4. An excellent drive from the routined driver, but it wasn't enough for a podium this time.

Dean Kittleson follows on 5th. He definitely made the best out of his equipment. Well done.

Rounding up the top ten are Ellecker, DeBruyker, Jalving, Gilson and McCarthy.

That's it from Malaysia. It was an exciting race with a lot of action. We had winners and losers, but that's motorsport. Next time, things will close a whole differently again. With this we say goodbye from Sepang.

GPGSL - Round 3 - Malaysian GP - Official Results

First of all, apologies that the race coverage was sent from the wrong account. I just noticed it and was clearly not fully concentrated. And also sorry that some information is on German. I once again forgot to install it in English before I ran the weekend.

Final positions

22nd: Cartwright - DNF - Oil Leak

Best Rounds

8th place after a difficult race, some points in the bag but not happy at all! Was looking for a better second stint, but the guy crashing at my back damaged my diffuser.. Great race for Ed though!

We need to look why the performance is not good enough yet, but we will be back stronger.

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Good effort lads, double points! (Y)

And Eric showing we might have some pace in the car after all ;)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Congratulations to my teammate Carlos for winning this race at Sepang. Well done mate !!
And for me, all by all a clean race, started on 12th position and finished on 6th, gaining some good points for the team.

NICE ONE CARLOS, 2 wins so far for the ONE TEAM.

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Great performance by Dean and Chris. A real shame that it didn't help Chris so much due his poor qualifying.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy