CSM - Runtime errors

Posted by miki2000milos 
CSM - Runtime errors
Date: January 24, 2015 11:19PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
Hello guys

It's not the first time this has happened to me. After a while of opening CSM, eventually this error message pops up:
runtime error 5 - invalid procedure call or argument
and after I click OK
runtime error 429 - can't create object.

Then it shows me a window where I have to send something to ZaZ.

I know this issue gets resolved when I restart my PC. But I am too lazy to restart my PC ;)
I am running the latest version of CSM, which should be 1.26 or something similar.

This also affects other programs I try to open, like Photoshop CS6, which I also can't open right now, and I renember once in WinRAR it said "simple drag and drop operation failed"

Does this have anything to do with that "fake" virus report when I downloaded ZaZ tools?
--
I will now restart my PC again like I normally do, but I want to solve this issue for the future.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Re: CSM - Runtime errors
Date: January 25, 2015 08:41AM
Nobody knows the answer? :(

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: January 25, 2015 10:21AM
Posted by: kedy89
Patience, you only opened the thread ~11 hours ago ;)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: January 25, 2015 12:48PM
But I saw people reply elsewhere ;) lol

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: January 26, 2015 06:20AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
When you say "This also affects other programs I try to open" does it give you the same error there?

If not, then there is a good chance the problems are unrelated.
(As it is, I cannot see how the installation of CSM would have affected WinRAR)

Just some random questions:

1) Where did you download ZaZ Tools from?

2) Some details about your computer, specifically the operating system, would be awesome.

3) Did the problem with Photoshop - or with WinRAR - ever occur before you installed ZaZ Tools?

4) Do you have an Anti-virus/Anti-malware software installed?

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: January 26, 2015 07:45AM
1) From GP4 Central
2) Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)
Processor: Intel Pentium G2020 2.9GhZ
Ram: 4GB
Graphic Card: nVidia GTX750

3) No
4) Yes

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: January 26, 2015 11:12AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Ok, more questions:

1) Which version of the tools?

Under the ZaZ Tools heading on GP4 Central, there are three; The two identical (or so I believe) repacks from GP4 Central and GP4DB and the 'original package'.

I've only ever used either the GP4 Central hosted repack or the original package.

2) Where on your PC are the tools located?

e.g "Program Files (x86)\ZaZ Tools" etc.

If memory serves me right, the repacks aren't installed; they are simply extracted and used.

As a general rule, I never install anything to the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders, as the permissions needed to do stuff there can cause problems.

3) I never got a virus alert when downloading ZaZ Tools, only when installing.

I think it's possible that, either during the download or when installing (if you installed it) the tools, your AV software interfered somewhere.

What I recommend at this stage:
(Everything here should be safe to do - it's exactly what I'd do - but don't blame me if your PC catches fire.)

1) Uninstall or - if your ZaZ tools installation is portable - just delete the tools.
(Also get rid of it's installer/archive)

2) Get your AV tools to do a scan, just to be on the safe side.

3) Download and install CCleaner, and do a scan with it's Registry cleaner; This will get rid of any junk left over.
It'll ask you to make a backup, and it is a good idea to do so. Also be careful of some of the crap - a Yahoo! toolbar usually - that CCleaner will ask to install as well.

3a) Maybe just do a general scan and clean with CCleaner's 'Cleaner' function as well, maybe followed by restarting your PC.

4) Now, depending on your AV software, you should be able to set 'exclusion' zones where it won't scan.
Make a folder somewhere where you will download ZaZ Tools to, and a separate folder - if you want - where you will install it.
Tell your AV not to scan that folder(s).
(Preferably, the folder(s) above will not have been in your 'Program Files' or 'Program Files (x86)' folders)

5) Download ZaZ Tools to the folder you picked out, and then extract or install it to the other folder (if you created one, otherwise just do it right where you downloaded the archive or installer).

In theory, any residual mess will now be gone, your AV will not have gotten in the way of the Tools and you'll have avoided the annoyance that is folder security.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: January 26, 2015 01:32PM
1) Repack, but I used the original too, same issue.
2) D/Program Files/ZaZ Tools. As it's not on the "C" drive, there shouldn't be any permissions.
3) I didn't have it while downloading the repack, but when downloading the original.

Anyway thanks for the tips (Y)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2015 01:33PM by miki2000milos.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy