Tyres with team editor

Posted by TGF1DRIVER 
Re: Tyres with team editor
Date: August 31, 2014 01:49PM
Posted by: SDI
Ok, then I will try and see if I can make them dependent on the tyre type, like the treads. Won't be easy though.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: August 31, 2014 02:00PM
Posted by: vesuvius
SDI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, then I will try and see if I can make them
> dependent on the tyre type, like the treads. Won't
> be easy though.

yeah surely it won´t be easy, Hega was able to map tyrewall colours differently on our tyreshapes/textures, so we are able to use 2 types of different dry tyrewalls and 2 types of different wet tyrewalls at the same time....this was done by mapping tread and wall textures on same texture and rim textures were mapped seperately....you can find our tyres here to look at:

[www.mediafire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 02:01PM by vesuvius.
Date: August 31, 2014 02:53PM
Ok thanks for the textures. Somehow I'm not able to open them with TexResizer 3.0 though (unknown format).

I've managed to have each car use its own sidewall and/or tread texture now, but it's not yet dynamically based on the tyre type.

Date: August 31, 2014 03:06PM
SDI Wrote:
> Ok thanks for the textures. Somehow I'm not able
> to open them with TexResizer 3.0 though (unknown
> format).
>
> I've managed to have each car use its own sidewall
> and/or tread texture now, but it's not yet
> dynamically based on the tyre type.

oh yes, they are in a8r8g8b8 tex format so texresizer can´t open them sadly... slimtex from ZaZ however can.

progress sounds good!:) hopefully you will be able to find out how to get it work with different tyre types as well.
Date: August 31, 2014 03:24PM
Posted by: Excalibur
It would be a great feature to add to GpxPatch, René!

Into my 2011- 2012 tyres pack, I used the old method, based on Lee's tyres. It means:

Wheel texture contains sidewalls and rims only. So, I made Wheel_michelin, Wheel_bridgestone and wheel_mclaren (for Mercedes with the green stripe around the tyre) in supersoft, soft, medium, hard, intermediate and wet, for each wheel_.
Treads textures contain treads only (

The main problem was that people couldn't use wheel_michelin (soft sidewall) and wheel_michelin (hard sidewall). They had to choose one of these sidewalls and rims for their .wad. The same for wheel_bridgestone and Wheel_mclaren tex.

Threads tex are only threads.

If I understand, this is what you want to do: that people be able to choose between soft, supersoft, medium, hard etc... sidewalls

The first thing is that you have to choose a unique shape as a base because mine or Hega's one are very different regarding the mapping and textures content. It means that people could use the feature only with a specific tyre shape. Well, it is not a problem, though.

For Hega's tyre shape:
- Treads textures contain: treads and sidewalls
- Wheel_ textures contain the rims only.

That's the difference.

I think that most of the people today are using Hega, Vesuvius and Soulbringer tyres because they look more realistic and up to date.

Knowing this, I hope that it will help you to make your feature working in game.

Keep it up!

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see Vesuvius post above....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 03:25PM by Excalibur.
Date: August 31, 2014 03:45PM
Thanks for the feedback.

So if I understand it correctly, it's already possible to have tyre type specific sidewalls by using a different shape and having the sidewalls in the tread textures? That's a nice trick :) In that case, I don't need to put effort into supporting tyre type specific wheel_ textures. I think it's also cleaner to have tyre and rim textures instead of tread and sidewall textures.

Date: August 31, 2014 03:57PM
Do you know what rimcolors.ini is used by/for and why does it have 2*4 times more colors than supported by GP4?
Currently I can support car specific rim colors, but not 4 colors per car.

Date: August 31, 2014 05:16PM
Tyre for GP4 need 3 tyre shapes: car_wheel_front_cockpit (the base) and car_wheel_front_lod_0 are the same (front wheels base, the same than wheel_front_cockpit) and car_wheel_rear_lod_0 is the rear wheel shape.

Each tyre shape for GP4 have got the same number of objects and the same names. The 3 shapes contain these objects:
F_wheel_R_InnerRim
F_wheel_R_OuterRim
F_wheel_R_SideRim
F_wheel_R_Spoke
F_Wheel_R_Tread
F_Wheel_R_TreadI (inner tread)
F_Wheel_R_TreadO (outer tread)

Each tyre is assigned with these 2 textures: wheel_michelin_0.tga and michelin_tread_0_right_0.tga

For Lee's version like mine, we have a third texture named: rimbolt.tga (Hega's tyre doesn't need a rimbolt texture..The rimbolt is already included to the rim into the wheel_ texture because on the shape, rimbolt and rim are attached.

Starting from this, yes it is possible to have tyre type specific sidewalls and sidewalls in the tread texture. this is just a matter of how you decide to map your objects, either on the first or the second texture. This is what Hega did: tread+sidewall and rim.

But be careful, if you want , for example to use Hega's tyre shape and to make tyres+ rims and treads specific liveries, it means that the mapping and textures need to be different (probably also to modify the SideRim and Spoke objects)

Let me explain a little further: Spoke object for the tyre (rim for me) needs an alpha layer in order to see the rim in game.
On Hega's shape, the spoke object is hidden because it don't need specific rim as the rim for him is an object and not an alpha ( the InnerRim object).

Excuse-me, it is a bit technic for me to explain in english....

Maybe Hega, Vesuvius or someone else could explain better... IMO, you should use Hega's tyre and textures as they are, as a base to make your feature. My shape and rim with this alpha method is a bit old, now... Or remap Hega's tyre in order to get sidewalls and rims on a texture and only tread on another...

About the rimscolours, I don't know why there are 4 colours... while GP4Tweak use 1 colour per rim/car.

CAR01=#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B
CAR02=#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B
CAR03=#FFFFFF,#FFFFFF,#FFFFFF,#FFFFFF
CAR04=#FFFFFF,#FFFFFF,#FFFFFF,#FFFFFF
CAR05=#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B
CAR06=#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B
CAR07=#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#00D2D2,#4B4B4B
CAR08=#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#00D2D2,#4B4B4B
CAR09=#7B6129,#7B6129,#7B6129,#7B6129
CAR10=#7B6129,#7B6129,#7B6129,#7B6129
CAR11=#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B
CAR12=#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B
CAR13=#0A0A0A,#0A0A0A,#0A0A0A,#0A0A0A
CAR14=#0A0A0A,#0A0A0A,#0A0A0A,#0A0A0A
CAR15=#00001A,#00001A,#7B6129,#00001A
CAR16=#00001A,#00001A,#7B6129,#00001A
CAR17=#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B
CAR18=#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B,#4B4B4B
CAR19=#001A00,#D2A800,#4B4B4B,#001A00
CAR20=#001A00,#D2A800,#4B4B4B,#001A00
CAR21=#7B6129,#7B6129,#7B6129,#7B6129
CAR22=#7B6129,#7B6129,#7B6129,#7B6129

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: August 31, 2014 05:31PM
Posted by: gezere
You can set different colors for 4 objects of the rims as shown below

Date: August 31, 2014 06:30PM
If 22 * 4 rim (and arm) colors are supported by GP4 Tweaker already, this means it will clash with GPxPatch.

Date: August 31, 2014 07:25PM
Excalibur, thanks for your explanation. I will simply allow car specific tread and wheel textures. If tyre type specific tyrewalls are needed you will have to use the other shape in combination with the treads, although this will still have a maximum of 4 different types instead of 6. But if needed this can be patched too.

GPxPatch won't do anything with the shape files.

As for the arm and rim colors, I'm still not sure how GP4Tweaker enables 4 extra colors per car. For arm colors I think I found out how it is tweaked, but not yet for rim colors.

Date: August 31, 2014 08:12PM
Ok, that's great to be just able to switch wheels or treads. Easier method! (Y)

Date: September 01, 2014 12:48AM
Thanks for SDI, here is a beta test image to show all 4 types of dry pirelli tyres in game at the same time...also team mates have different pirelli tyres with each other :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2014 12:49AM by vesuvius.
Date: September 01, 2014 12:57AM
Yeah, that's just awesome that team mates can use different sidewalls! Excellent shot, Vesa! (Y)

Date: September 01, 2014 01:17AM
Excalibur Wrote:
> Yeah, that's just awesome that team mates can use
> different sidewalls! Excellent shot, Vesa! (Y)

Thanks Arnaud :)

Indeed it's awesome:) also this is a nice thing for those who have always wanted to use michelins,bridgestones,pirellies,goodyears etc in gp4 at the same time as it's possible with the new upcoming feature..also using grooved,wets,slick etc textures at the same time is possible :) using fresh slicks for driver 1 and used slicks for team mate driver 2 will be very much possible as well :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2014 01:18AM by vesuvius.
Date: September 01, 2014 01:38AM
@Vesa:
In wet conditions, gp4 use tread_1 for intermediate, tread_2 and tread_3 for wet tyres for both michelin and bridgestone treads, right?
So, if I understand, we must keep these original files as they are if we want that all the cars get the intermediate tyres when it begins to rain and wet tyres in storm weather conditions, true?

We can only modify prefix for tread_0 or add new tread_0 textures, if I understand... (as many as we want)...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2014 01:43AM by Excalibur.
Date: September 01, 2014 08:15AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Vesa, your 1st screenshot is just incredible! (Y)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 01, 2014 12:12PM
Posted by: kedy89
It's amazing to see that there are still improvements, even though gp4 has been released more than 10 years ago (Y)

@René: Would it also be possible to have teamspecific steering wheels?

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: September 01, 2014 10:24PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
What will be the maximum of different sidewalls in a future release of GPxPatch? :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 01, 2014 10:32PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Up to 22 if I haven't forgot something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy