Grand Prix 4 on Eyefinity system...! Is possible?

Posted by Sting 
Grand Prix 4 on Eyefinity system...! Is possible?
Date: June 13, 2013 12:22PM
Posted by: Sting
Hi...

This week, after several years, I pulled out the legendary Grand Prix 4 to play it on my new ATI Eyefinity triple monitor system (three LG 24" HD).

Well, I proceeded to install the game and all its add on (official patch, no-cd patch, gpxpatch 4.21 utility) and I was able to configure the g27 steering wheel also.

The game run very well on Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit... but I have a problem: I was unable to configure Eyefinity triple screen view !

Normally I use the 5760x1080 resolution for another race game such as GTR2, GT Legends, RBR, rFactor and rFactor 2... therefore, how can fix a triple monitor problem for GP 4 ?
There is a way to play also this beautiful game on 3 screens ?

I'm hoping for help

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 12:28PM by Sting.
You can use that resolution in gp4 but you need to open your f1graphics with wordpad and change your resolution

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Re: Grand Prix 4 on Eyefinity system...! Is possible?
Date: June 13, 2013 02:49PM
Posted by: Sting
NickJW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can use that resolution in gp4 but you need to
> open your f1graphics with wordpad and change your
> resolution

OK... in f1graphics.cfg with wordpad I have changed the resolution (5760x1080) but then, when the game restart the graphic text menu in the central monitor (the other two left and right monitors remain black) is impossible to read and I am forced to return to the desktop!

Other solution?
then i dont now what to do

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
I don't know anything about Eyefinity, however I would try the highest res available in the original cfg file. Maybe the graphics engine is too old to support this. Have you asked Eyefinity support, maybe there's a forum or something where others may have tried this before. Take a look here which leads to the Wide Screen Gamers Forum.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 11:10PM by mortal.
Yes, GP4 can work with triple screen. In fact it works nicely, with the execption of the menu screens, they look a bit naff. The left and right monitors are blank during screen menus. I have altered GP4s' fonts to better suit triple screen menus, and it's better but not 100%. PM me and I'll send you the fonts. Once you're in the cockpit, 3 screens will run, but then you must alter the FOV and rear clipping plane.

I posted details on how to configure GP4 for triple screen here: [www.wsgf.org]

Good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2013 12:40AM by Mr Pibb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy