GP4 Bathurst WIP

Posted by auscain 
Re: GP4 Bathurst WIP
Date: September 05, 2013 04:44AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Good to see a new update on the progress. I'm still looking forward to seeing the track once it is finished 100%. How many laps are you making it for F1 100% distance?

Date: September 05, 2013 05:23AM
Posted by: auscain
The simple answer is yes I will do my best to make it work at 50 laps;)

To me it is pleasure enough to see GP4 physics at work around the Mount Panorama circuit. I am seriously considering making the circuit available to all before it is actually complete. Having said that I intend to build everything to the point where it looks and works well before(G)
Date: September 05, 2013 08:24AM
Posted by: ramf1v
Nice work aussie, good to see it's still active.

F1Dev
Date: September 06, 2013 04:42AM
ramf1v
Nice work aussie, good to see it's still active.

I have learned some of what is possible from your work. Thank you for your comment and your efforts also.
Date: October 16, 2013 12:29PM
Posted by: Mullet345
Just wondering if there is an update on the progress?

Date: October 16, 2013 01:50PM
Posted by: Atticus.
He already said in another topic that he could make it in 3-4 weeks with very little tweaking needed after that - give the man a break.

Of course, easy for me, I'm not into this track as much as others right now, because I worked on the local F1 coverage of the Japanese GP last weekend, therefore I missed the race at Mount Panorama. I'll watch it around the time auscain release his work.

:-)
Date: October 17, 2013 02:23AM
@Atticus Thank you but in the other topic I was actually talking about building Winton motor raceway. I can understand the mistake because of my wording:(

@Mullet345 I did consider doing some screenshots at the end of Monday's work instead I spent the time improving a new fence texture giving it a 3D look on a 2D plain another attempt to cut back on vertices.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2013 12:00AM by auscain.
Date: November 03, 2013 09:08PM
@ramf1v I'm looking for help with one of your ideas.
ramf1v
np, I have the full version should you need a really high res image, it goes up to silly resolutions like 36768 x 36768...should be enough ;-)

Your recommended method with Google Ozi works well. As you are aware, I am only able to capture images of 2048 X 2048 pixels. Assembling these images and reducing the overall image still offers a far more detailed image.
Your method might work for using the image as land if we can get high enough resolution. There are certain sections of the mountain where the car camera and other cameras can see the background from above.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2014 07:28PM by auscain.
Date: January 18, 2014 11:48PM
Thank you, hasbriale for the progress video.

Date: January 18, 2014 11:56PM
Posted by: mortal
Nice work Greg. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 19, 2014 05:54AM
Posted by: gareth
Looking great! Bit of a moment through the Esses :)
Date: January 20, 2014 10:28PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Fantastic, but what's going with shadow of the car?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: January 21, 2014 04:03AM
Thanks guys. Yeah. He went into the esses a little hot. The only thing that saved him is he backed out of it a 10th of a second earlier;)
I believe the shadows have everything to do with the settings in f1graphics.cfg file. Anyway it's not to do with the track itself so don't be overly concerned about that. What I am disturbed about is that in a quick lap race, the animated flags are not present. I didn't notice that before. What is confusing is even the flagpoles are missing??? It makes perfect sense that the flags would not be in the grandstands. I get that. How about the fact that the helicopter animation still exists in quick laps? It's just that I have probably spent 200 hours on those flags and they didn't show up:-O I may just change the animation to 10 frames and put them in with the helicopter blades as atx_san_agipflag001 Instead of atx_flag_eng_1. But it's obviously also something to do the name given... flagpoles not present in quick race. I never knew that.

I have edited a few things with the .dat this past weekend and started the pit building.
Date: January 26, 2014 01:09AM

the flagpoles are missing???
It was a simple mistake on my part that I forgot after assembling these parts together to a gp4 file. Forgetting to remove the flags themselves from the other parts and renaming them Misctso Flag_australia01 for the ramf1 Australian flag animation and misctso flag_atx_flag_eng_1 for the super cheap auto animation. I didn't realize that the objects could be removed by the game in quick race or free practice. Simply by naming the part that you don't want visible on these occasions (flag_XXXX_____), like possibly motor homes and trucks, for example.
GP4 Bathurst WIP Latest Preview!
Date: February 02, 2014 08:45AM
Posted by: hasbriale

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2014 08:45AM by hasbriale.
Date: February 23, 2014 03:31PM

Just an update on the progress. Of course the glass is transparent in-game.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2015 12:34AM by auscain.
Date: February 23, 2014 03:51PM
Nice job, Greg. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: February 06, 2016 05:31PM
The download link is now available. Bathurst WIP V1.2 Have fun with it. Please keep in mind that it is a WIP. Updates will be available periodically.
Date: February 06, 2016 06:10PM
Thank you. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: February 07, 2016 10:16AM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
thanks for the update and in the same day of the 12h of Bathurst 2016 ;) (Y) (B)

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy