The 2015 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2015 Formula One Season
Date: December 03, 2014 11:52PM
Posted by: EC83
I like Korea. It's not one of the great tracks, but it's one of the better Tilkedromes. I like the street circuit feel of the 1st and 3rd sectors, and the fact it's quite technical and has a bit of gradient(OK, relatively speaking I know, but for a Tilke track it's always struck me as exciting. LOL). It's always seemed to produce good races too.

I wouldn't mind if it came back.

Date: December 04, 2014 10:28AM
Posted by: madotter
Update calendar order, entries and dates!
Date: December 04, 2014 06:20PM
Posted by: Morbid

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2014 06:21PM by Morbid.
Date: December 04, 2014 09:22PM
Posted by: Muks_C
am not excited to see Korea back at all. the look and feel of it just screams "bland", although it's slightly entertaining to drive in the F1 games.

I would like to see Magny Cours back, really enjoyed driving that in games. there'd be a lot of action into the Adelaide hairpin with DRS these days, and it'd be cool to see cars through the 2 fast chicanes again.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 04, 2014 11:34PM
Posted by: EC83
Don't remember liking Magny-Cours much, but I have missed it though in a funny way. It got better towards the end of its run of GPs - I think the modifications to the final sector really improved it. Certainly the final complex, where Rubens cheekily overtook Trulli in 2004, was transformed - I hated the original Lycee and thought it ruined the flow of the track, and the changes made for 2003 sorted that brilliantly. It wouldn't be bad to have it back.

Most importantly it'd be good to have a GP in France again. The calendar has been missing something, somehow, since it was dropped.

Date: December 11, 2014 10:11AM
Early reports suggest Jenson will be announced as Fernando's team mate for 2015!
Date: December 11, 2014 11:31AM
Posted by: kedy89
It's Button and Alonso [twitter.com]

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: December 11, 2014 11:50AM
Posted by: J i m
That seems to be the concenus, although I can't find it actually posted anyway reputable as actual officially announced news.

I would be gutted for Kmag, he doesn't deserve this 'Red Bull' style dropping especially this late. If he is out out the race line up then I hope he is at least retained as a reserve with Vandoorne.

Actually, it's almost a case of Mclaren having too many worthy drivers, perhaps they really ought to take a leaf out of Red Bull's book and run a junior team. After all there's a tidy little team entered as Manor F1 that needs a buyer and investment ;)

However as much as I disagree with Alonso at McLaren I'm definitely intrigued and excited to see how Button matches up against him. On paper it's no contest. But on paper it was no contest with Button v Hamilton, and yet....

I would expect Alonso to come out top, if simply because of his relentless never give up, leave no stone unturned style approach, but I would be surprised if there was a Massa/Kimi style gulf of points between them, although oddly the only driver team-mate Button was truly ever dominated by was Fisichella.. Who in turn was utterly dominated by... Alonso.

Alonso - Button, definitely potentially one of the strongest lineups in F1.

Date: December 11, 2014 11:55AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
It's official. Alonso - Button confirmed at McLaren for 2015. Kevin Magnussen retained as a test and reserve driver.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: December 11, 2014 01:08PM
So it is! My bad.

Glad Kmag is being kept on as 3rd driver then, but for the short-medium term it was definitely correct to keep Button on, and since they were desperate to have Alonso it's Kmag who has to step back.

Date: December 11, 2014 01:29PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Seems McLaren have everything planned ahead. Alonso and Button are a strong and vastly experienced pair, so that Honda can develop their engines and challenge Mercedes. Whenever either of them get bored and leave to WEC, they have Magnussen and Vandoorne, two fresh and really fast young drivers for the future.

Dennis, you diabolical

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: December 11, 2014 05:48PM
Edit: Posted in the wrong thread.... again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2014 05:48PM by Morbid.
Date: December 11, 2014 06:37PM
Perhaps we should lock the other thread? We only really need one 2015 thread, and this one has the swanky graphics ;-)

Date: December 11, 2014 08:47PM
Date: December 11, 2014 09:19PM
Posted by: Carlitox
I reckon we should keep this one as it is and the other one as beyond 2015

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: December 11, 2014 10:14PM
Posted by: Adman1138
I think this is the right choice for McLaren, Jenson did more than enough this year to justify his drive. Hopefully K-Mag will have other chances in the future and he doesn't end up a perennial test driver.

Jenson signed a 2 year deal which I assume is insurance for McLaren if Fernando jumps ship to Mercedes for 2016.
Date: December 11, 2014 11:09PM
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps we should lock the other thread? We only
> really need one 2015 thread, and this one has the
> swanky graphics ;-)

Dunno... not my choice. In any case, I dropped most of the info I could pick up today in the other thread.

Date: December 13, 2014 08:08PM
Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Dunno... not my choice. In any case, I dropped
> most of the info I could pick up today in the
> other thread.

Well thanks for dropping by and Merry Christmas!!
Date: December 15, 2014 04:13PM
Gutierrez announced as test & reserve driver at Ferrari. Certainly didn't see that coming.

Date: December 15, 2014 08:32PM
Posted by: gav
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy