Private Mercedes GP Factory Tour - £200 (Fri 11th Oct 2013)

Posted by danm 
Guys - a friend of mine works with the press backstage and is a bit of a side promoter for F1 teams.

He was the one who walked me into the Red Bull Energy Station in Barcelona at the test in March where Adrian Newey just waltzed past, smiled and made himself a coffee next to me.

He has four (4) VIP passes for a private tour of the Mercedes F1 Factory in Brackley on Friday 11th October 2013.

It's by no means a cheap day out, but for an F1 fan, this might be a perfect opportunity.

-------------------------------------------------
Where? Friday 11th October 2013

When? Mercedes F1 Factory, Brackley UK

What time? I think its a 9:30am start and finishes in the late afternoon (to be confirmed)

How Much? £200.

-------------

If anyone is genuinely interested, please get in touch with me here (or on facebook those who know me already) and I can forward you the appropriate person to contact.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
I might have to hold you to that - I would definitely go (I'm about to finish my motorsport engineering degree this year, but as we all know... it's not what you know but who you know), but it's the money that's making me think about it...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
IIRC Williams do the same sort of thing for £60, but I am not sure its as extensive.

You are right on the 'it's who you know' factor. This guy works with the press and knew all the photographers in the paddock on first name terms. He tried to get me in on the Red Bull promo photoshoot but my phone signal cut out when he called me. Told me where and when all the drivers were coming out the motorhomes too, meaning I didn't wait with the rest outside Ferrari, headed down the back end for Pastor, Bottas, Nico, Eric Boullier etc when nobody else had a clue. He's a dude!

He also offered me heavily discounted VIP Silverstone paddock passes too for this year, ones for the BRDC with all the driver families etc, but I didn't have the money. Might do it next year. Obvious the ticket sales is a side bit of his work, on top of general mingling behind the paddock. Guy knows a lot of people, so whenever he knows a good thing going, he lets me know. Plus being there in person, he gets you into extra places (trackside).

This was where we were sat:

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2013 01:24PM by danm.
As an F1 fan and a photographer, this would be a dream come true for me... Shame I'm skint!
Enjoy the day though, everyone who goes :)

If it was cheaper maybe!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2013 09:55PM by DJSKYLINE.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy