argentian 1996

Posted by mitadumapaga 
argentian 1996
Date: October 25, 2012 01:01PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
does anybody has a video of schueys qualy lap at argentina in 1996 ?

i just read this and wanted to chek it out

For some it's the many outstanding victories; for others it's how he used to blitz the field on his first flying lap on a Friday morning, just to emphasise his superiority.
For this writer, it was all that and more. Above all, it was a qualifying session in Argentina in 1996, when he hauled the recalcitrant Ferrari F310 onto the front row with a display of driving acrobatics that had to be seen to be believed.
Re: argentian 1996
Date: October 25, 2012 01:45PM
Posted by: danm
can you stop making new threads. this is annoying. keep all your individual grand prix questions in one thread otherwise this place is going to be filled with junk.

thanks.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: October 25, 2012 02:42PM
sorry...i guess.
Date: October 25, 2012 09:37PM
Posted by: senninho
One thread for video requests isn't a bad idea, but IMHO any of Schumacher's front-of-the-grid laps from '96 are pretty epic. If you search on YouTube for 'Argentina GP - 1996', one of the results shows the end of his lap, with him basically turning out of the last corner on the throttle.

Date: October 26, 2012 04:46PM
Posted by: EC83
Could these threads not be merged or something? Then we'd have one big fat beauty that would probably stretch to a 2nd page.

My memory of Schumacher in Buenos Aires '96 is of his rear wing falling to bits in the race. Proper shoddy build-quality, I loved it.
You could see it coming too - the top element got progressively more saggy as the race went on and it was predictable that it might come off.

Date: October 26, 2012 11:19PM
Posted by: gav
Yeah, Schumacher sliding it through the kink before the hairpin was scary and epic in equal measures. You got the distinct impression that Ferrari didn't realise the wing was failing and that Schumacher was just soldiering on thinking "hmm, this is a little bit tail-happy".
Date: October 26, 2012 11:41PM
Posted by: EC83
LOL, yep.
I think Ferrari probably didn't know. After MS retired there was a shot of him in the back of the garage speaking to his race engineer. It happened to be at the exact moment when he did a "bending" movement with his hands and then did a gesture which resembled something flying off. It looked like he was breaking news of the failure to them.

Date: October 28, 2012 02:31AM
since i do not dare to open a new post, i will post what i want to share with you here:

just watched the highlights of the 1987 portuguese gp and i really couldnt help but LMFAO when hearing murray say this:

and this victory will help allain prost's world championship chances...... (pause)........not at all because he is out of it
Date: October 28, 2012 02:47AM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
If I remember correctly from the 1996 season review, schumi experienced a rear wishbone failure or something... that ferrari was shocking yet he still managed to haul it to 3 wins.... hope he can do something with this mattress on wheels of a merc in his last races
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy