2012 Korean GP *** Spoilers ***

Posted by hasbriale 
Re: 2012 Korean GP *** Spoilers ***
Date: October 13, 2012 11:06PM
Posted by: gav
Oh, he's very capable of that. Look at the Nurburgring in 2009 - that's as dominant a performance as I've seen since the days of Schumacher vs Alonso.

The problem he has is that he's not a Red Bull driver, and Red Bull want their own drivers to be doing the winning. Istanbul and Silverstone 2010 showed us all very clearly what the policy is at Red Bull, and that has to get to Mark over time. There's really not much left of the pre-Vettel Mark Webber, and that's not solely down to Vettel.
Date: October 14, 2012 03:24AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
..and mark always looks very sad, i dont know why. but he is probably the saddest driver of the grid.

maybe theres a clause in his contract that doesnt allow him to become a champion as long as he is teammate with seb in red bull:)) which btw would explain his otherweise unexplainable drop in form after 2/3 of the season, both in 2010 and 2012.
Date: October 14, 2012 04:00AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, he's very capable of that. Look at the
> Nurburgring in 2009 - that's as dominant a
> performance as I've seen since the days of
> Schumacher vs Alonso.

Well it was very impressive, but I couldn't categorically say it was clearly more dominant than any race in 2007 to the middle of 2009. There was a bit of luck involved for Webber that day; I'd say Hamilton would've won the race if he didn't get the puncture, and if it wasn't for the Kovalainen-train, it would've been much harder for Mark to fight back through.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 14, 2012 09:29AM
Wow Massa's really back!

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2012 09:29AM by SchueyFan.
Date: October 14, 2012 09:44AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Race Results:

1. Vettel ( 3 Wins in a Row as I predicted) hot
2. Webber ;-)
3. Alonso :(
Date: October 14, 2012 11:08AM
i wonder how much more disastrous pathetic BAR can get ?!?! i mean, they are pathetic anyway simply because they finish behind two torro rossos, but mainly due to the fact they said this track should suit them better etc. and then wind up in 13-th position.

cheez, they really are a mess. even if you look at mclaren, their problem was simply they couldnt get the harder tyre to work properly on lewis' car ever since friday. i ve been watching f1 for so many years now and really, i cant remeber for any other team with big aspirations being such a mess. even BMW in 2009 got their act together.
Date: October 14, 2012 11:32AM
Posted by: hasbriale
BAR ???? Oh, you mean MERC...;-)
Date: October 14, 2012 11:58AM
then really dont deserve their drivers... both in the present and past and presmably future.

1) past: they ruined jacque's carrier, nearly did that to button and only ross brawn's superior skills saved jb's future.

2) present: nico rosberg. the guy was really fast at williams, drove on par with webber and scored a victory plus a pole and several podiums with this truck, and yet, the most common opinion is that he's past his best days. simlpy becaus eeven when he overperforms, it means he can bring the car at 5th home, at best.

3) future: lewis hamilton. i really hope they dont do to him what they did to jacques, but it is strongly looking to be that way. i know the signing of the super brains at the end of last year will have an impact on the next year's car but cmon, they must have been able to influence the developing of this years chassis, or should i say the reverselopment of the mgp03.

and of course, BAR's masterpiece of all times, something even the mess that the ferrrari team was in the early 90's couldn't do.... Destroy Schumacher's carrier and wipe out the legacy of michael schumacher.

on the top of that, confirming their absolute mess of a policy they had michael schumacher in their team, Michael Schumacher, the man who only needs to smell the wimp of a victory and does 110 percent to get it, even if it means breaking a couple of rules.... and they let him go. i know he didnt sign with them, but they didnt look like they wanted to have him either. the last team that did that had 11 titles in 6 season and since they sent him away, only 3 in the last 6. yeah, i mean ferrari.

simply speechless.
Date: October 14, 2012 12:00PM
also, i dont quite get the fuzz about massa. i like him a lot, was really happy watching him do well today, but hey, he still cant qualify, as well as finish, ahead of his teammate. and even barrichello was able to do that from times to times to schumacher. so yeah, good job by felippe, but not nearly as good enough as it should be.
Date: October 14, 2012 02:25PM
Posted by: Morbid
McLaren... 3 mechanical failures for Hamilton in 3 races! What the h*%# is going on in that team?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: October 14, 2012 02:37PM
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> also, i dont quite get the fuzz about massa. i
> like him a lot, was really happy watching him do
> well today, but hey, he still cant qualify, as
> well as finish, ahead of his teammate. and even
> barrichello was able to do that from times to
> times to schumacher. so yeah, good job by felippe,
> but not nearly as good enough as it should be.

Sure his qualifying has been underwhelming to say the least in 2012 but he had excellent race pace today and looking at the lap times could have been 2nd possibly if it wasn't for alonso's championship.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 14, 2012 03:56PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> then really dont deserve their drivers... both in
> the present and past and presmably future.
>
> 1) past: they ruined jacque's carrier, nearly did
> that to button and only ross brawn's superior
> skills saved jb's future.

Jacques ruined his own career. If Schumacher or Hakkinen had the '97 Williams the title would have been tied up about halfway through the season. Villeneuve wasn't a particularly deserving champion in my opinion, and the fact that he was always dicing with what appeared to be an inferior Ferrari proved that.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: October 14, 2012 04:48PM
yeap. but he still beat frentzen though, just like in 1998.
Date: October 14, 2012 04:57PM
why the hell is every gp vettel wins, so commentless and somehow unspectacular.
Date: October 14, 2012 05:22PM
Posted by: senninho
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> why the hell is every gp vettel wins, so
> commentless and somehow unspectacular.

Did you watch F1 in 2002 or 2004? Vettel has won three races in a row, which is only really a minor blip in what has otherwise been one of the most open seasons in years.

Date: October 14, 2012 05:43PM
the season has been open, senninho. thats why i said that it is somehow unspectacular only when vettel wins.

singapore, japan and here. there was just no battle whatsoever.
Date: October 14, 2012 05:51PM
Posted by: EC83
Although the race wasn't a classic it did have some great close racing. I particularly loved the Fernando/Lewis/Kimi/Felipe sequence in the run down to Turn 3 on the first lap - to get that close and not touch was brilliant driving from everyone.

Customary great drive by Vettel - these last couple of races have been like a little piece of 2011 that got lost. I still don't know if he's favourite for the title though - not the way this season has twisted and turned.

Webber maintained his impressive record of losing his lead at the start.

Strong drive by Massa, he really seems to have found his mojo again at long last. Good to see.

Awesome drive by Lewis. To pick up a point after everything he had happen today was like a win IMO. I particularly liked watching his battle with Kimi.

It would've been interesting to see where Jenson might have ended up if he'd not been walloped by Kobayashi.

Great drive by Hulkenburg too - strong pace and great racecraft.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2012 05:54PM by EC83.
Date: October 14, 2012 05:57PM
Posted by: Slash
well it was a good race all in all

Kobayashi was absolutely horrible in the first lap, as well as perez, Perez was rather lucky he could've fly off the ground had he found a rear tyre

Lewis was awesome, he gave Kimi a couple of driving lessons, by the way, does anybody else thinks Kimi should be a bit more agressive?, i think if he really wants to win a race nowadays he better get a bit, it just looked too naive whenever he looked on the outside of Hamilton to make the move

the top 3 were great, Alonso as usual and the RedBull drivers just bringing the car home

imho, if this championship is won by Alonso, it'll be the most deserving driver of the last couple of years, if it's won by Vettel, it'll be the most deserving car designer, well done Newey.

another great was Hulkenberg, and to think that seat was wasted last year with Sutil

Schumacher was painful to watch in that Mercedes, as i was watching, i couldn't help to think what the radio comunications messages are going to be when Lewis joins that team.
Date: October 14, 2012 06:11PM
Posted by: EC83
Yeah, Kimi was way too submissive I thought. It's paid off with his perfect finishing record and being 3rd in the Championship, but I'd still like to see him attacking more.

Date: October 15, 2012 04:12AM
Posted by: aagancia
what was the deal with the yellow flags on the back straight? I know Nico's car was there, but why did it take so long for them to clear the area? The lack of DRS on the early part of the race ruined the battle up front.

I know Mark said he had a bad start, but it looked to me like a choreographed start to let Seb go through, and then Mark went alongside Seb into turn 3 to stop anyone else attempting a pass. Or maybe Mark just really sucks on race starts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 04:19AM by aagancia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy