GP3 2000 - Grid Cars For Artwork?

Posted by Mullet345 
GP3 2000 - Grid Cars For Artwork?
Date: July 01, 2014 06:32AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Is there a easy way to get grid cars for GP3 2000? I thought it'd be easier to take a screenshot of the car with a aerial view, and sideon view, but I don't seem to have the right camera angle values. This is for custom made liveries btw. Also, are there any artwork templates available for GP3 2000 which I can download? I have one for GP3, but I would rather have one for GP3 2000.

Re: GP3 2000 - Grid Cars For Artwork?
Date: July 01, 2014 10:19AM
Posted by: pirx
hi,

I made an "artwork-template" that I always use as base for UNIVERSEmod. it has some modifications (animated logos) and is "empty" to make starting a new one easier. if you wanna use I could upload..

with "gridcars" you mean the cars shown at beginning of race under "grid"? and you mean f1-2014? In that case I own brand new and unreleased ones which I could also upload for you..

"Oiııo.
........................................................................................................
Pilot Pirx
........................................................................................................
Date: July 01, 2014 10:54AM
pirx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi,
>
> I made an "artwork-template" that I always use as
> base for UNIVERSEmod. it has some modifications
> (animated logos) and is "empty" to make starting a
> new one easier. if you wanna use I could upload..
>
> with "gridcars" you mean the cars shown at
> beginning of race under "grid"? and you mean
> f1-2014? In that case I own brand new and
> unreleased ones which I could also upload for
> you..

Yes, that would be good. Will team logo editor work with it? Or only for GP3 artwork? And by grid cars, I do refer to the cars shown on the grid just before going into a race. I want to be able to add my custom cars into the artwork, but as I said I don't know the best camera angle setups.

Date: July 01, 2014 11:56AM
@Will team logo editor work with it?
-I don´t know, but fear not saddisfying. logo images are different in size in both versions of gp3. and if I remember correctly it´s only 1 pixelrow in height. sure is that doing a animated logo for gp3-2000 is a pain in the azz. and that´s the reason why I also made that template..have a look at it. I just decided to always use the FIA-logo and that for all teams. looks not so bad and never have to change that again. there are many, many other things to change manually in gp3-200 because of missing editors..so why not make it a little bit easier

@best camera angle setups for gridcars indication:
-this year I am a bit happy about my camera-angle-solution (just have a look at my included 2014teamart) which is from top and makes sidescrolling interesting because it looks quite real, not like in the original sense in sideview..

and saddly I´ve to tell that "ArtTool-2000" is the only tool for everything. checkout it´s import/export features and use "Edit->Save Teamart". then compare .BMP with one from GP3_1.13

+plz remind, the 2014-stuff is not released yet

cheerz!

ps: find link in PM

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: July 01, 2014 03:26PM
Thanks for the link. I'd rather use side on pictures for the grid cars as that is how I have it in my custom series. Using Art Tool 2000 is quite tricky. It only opens BIN files, so I have no idea how I'm going to put in the team logo, and all the artwork pictures (driver image, helmets and grid cars).

Date: July 01, 2014 04:08PM
how I'm going to put in the team logo, and all the artwork pictures (driver image, helmets
and grid cars):

-just scroll yourselve with arttool2000 throught a .bin file and have a look at all those grafics. all you see here are all "background"-pictures that you can put inside the game. you can import/export any .bmp-file with same size. therefor use the icons with red/blue arrows. if you opened an original .bin-file you have to expand it first (Edit->Expand..). it also can import/export teamarts (find in menu)

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: July 01, 2014 09:42PM
Posted by: shlund
Hi :)

I found some editors from the past and perhaps they can be useful for you...: [www31.zippyshare.com]

Especially the 'Carset Creator 3.3' and the 'GP3 carset go GP32k carset' converter (with 'read me' in dutch I think) might be interesting... :)
Date: July 01, 2014 11:19PM
"GP3carset go GP32k carset converter" sounds interesting, but I don´t know that tool..
'Carset Creator 3.3' is so buggy that I wouldn´t use it..

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: July 02, 2014 11:00AM
pirx Wrote:
> "GP3carset go GP32k carset converter" sounds
> interesting, but I don´t know that tool..
> 'Carset Creator 3.3' is so buggy that I wouldn´t
> use it..

I haven't used them for years, so can't remember the details, but I remember that I used the GP3 to GP32k tool to convert GP3 carsets into GP32k carsets and load them using GPxPatch...

Well, it was just for general information :)
Date: July 02, 2014 02:37PM
@ the GP3 to GP32k tool:
hmmm..I don´t really understand the usage of it, even if it´s so simple. I filled in the paths and pressed the cryptic button: the tool just closed itself without any warning/info..hmmm. a wednesdays miracle ;)

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: July 02, 2014 07:06PM
Posted by: evroic
Hello everyone.

I do not know if this is the intent of the question, but I would like to know how do I get a photo of the car with supeiror view as pictured. ( Artwork - Brabham - 1985 )

I take this opportunity to ask about the picture of the car on the grid.

What is the procedure to get these pictures?

Is this done through a print screen of the car in the game? How?

And the pink color around the picture?

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: July 02, 2014 07:21PM
pirx Wrote:
> @ the GP3 to GP32k tool:
> hmmm..I don´t really understand the usage of it,
> even if it´s so simple. I filled in the paths and
> pressed the cryptic button: the tool just closed
> itself without any warning/info..hmmm. a
> wednesdays miracle ;)

I did a quick test and did the following:

- typing the path of GP3 and GP32k
- typing the name of the carset converted to GP32k, lets say "Carset 2014 test"
The program closes...
Now go to your GP32k installation and open GPxPatch . Choose GPxSet and open 'Season set'... locate the 'carset 2014 test.set' file in 'gpxpdata' folder.
Start the game using GPxPatch and you'll see the 2014 liveries in the game... BUT: there is an issue regarding the transparent black colour, it need to be fixed.. :)

Hope you will be succesfull :)
Date: July 03, 2014 02:09PM
do you know where it puts the jams?

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: July 03, 2014 03:57PM
pirx Wrote:
> do you know where it puts the jams?

I'm afraid not... If you are thinking of the transparent fix, I think it should be done before exporting to GP3 and then converted to GP32k...

Just checked: you find the liveries in Gp3jamsH\Liveries folder. Inside this folder you find your new carset folder that includes folders with bitmaps for 'Cars', 'Helmets' and 'Cockpits'...
I opened one bitmap in JamEdtor2000 and did the 'fix'... After that the Force India was all black as it should be in GP32k game... :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2014 04:13PM by shlund.
Date: July 03, 2014 05:34PM
wow, that tool is usefull. big thx for posting & recherche!

@ evroic: extract these kind of carviews from real photos with photoshop. then copy/paste into MSPaint and save as .bmp. then use ArtTool-2000 to import. the pink pixels are shown as transparent inside game

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: July 03, 2014 07:23PM
Sorry,

But How do you extract these kind of carviews from real photos with photoshop ?

Where did you find a real photo ( for example 1985 cars - top view - to put insed artwork ) ?

After I know that I have to "copy/paste into MSPaint and save as .bmp. then use ArtTool-2000 to import. the pink pixels are shown as transparent inside game", but how to let pink pixel around the photo ?

Tks

Evandro ( Brazil )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2014 07:24PM by evroic.
Date: July 04, 2014 04:00AM
No one has answered me yet about getting custom made cars as grid cars?

Date: July 04, 2014 07:38AM
Hi.

How do I invert theses images to put insed the artwork ( Grid ) ?

Grid Cars

Tks

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: July 04, 2014 09:50AM
hi evrando,

explaining photoshop is not possible here, instead have a look at tutorials, maybe this:
PSD tutorial (sure there are better ones)

If you wanna turn around those images you need advanced photoshop skills, plus some knowledge about transparencies (the pink colored pixels significate a transparent area inside the gamegrafic)

good luck!

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: July 11, 2014 01:47PM
I found this tool from Scanduras web site: [gadareth.altervista.org]

Perhaps you of it, but worth a try if you are modding GP32k... :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy