My Grand Prix 2 Championship

Posted by torana_05 
My Grand Prix 2 Championship
Date: January 19, 2012 01:19PM
Posted by: torana_05
G'day Guys im gonna try and do something a little different. I'm curently doin a 100% 1994 Ace Championship with Pacific as Jean Paul Belmindo. But what i want is for you guys to be my Team Boss and review my driving and if my contract should be renewed or if another team should offer me a short term contract. I set myself up with a Three race contract with Pacific and now i am 2 races in. Heres my reviews of the races i have done
Brazil:
Running well just out of top ten then I went off just before my first pit stop dropping me back to 17th. After pitting about 7 laps I suffered a Puncture and dropped two laps coming back to the pits. Recovered but only to crash a handful of laps later, also I would have had to retire as plank was damaged making me lose a lot of speed down the straight. Was trying to push so hard I had a number of spins trying to catch up. Race tyres wore out quick and I was struggling before my first stop with some really erratic laps loosing me positions. Could have done better I thought but no luck with the puncture.
Qualifying: 15th
Race: DNF

Pacific:
Spun early on at last corner dropped to last fought all the way up to 12th. Last corner caught many out including Schumacher and Coulthard early on. First pit stop of three which dropped me back to 18th Last corner helping me as it caught out another couple of drivers. Second pit stop I was up to 10th before dropping back to about 12th I think. Every time I came back out on fresh tires I could easily drop down to the mid to late 1.15s helping me pass a lot of two stoppers. Third pit stop I was in 6th and dropped back down to 8th behind Brundle but yet again I could go faster than them and work my way up to 6th. Coulthard who was 5th spun again with 5 laps to go and was out promoting me to 5th. Running short of fuel with four laps to go, I Slowed down and short shifted and lost about 8 sec to Alesi (6th) in 2 laps. Leader Hill was closing in fast to lap us both. As we came into hairpin I blocked Alesi but he still managed to get on the inside. We touched wheels as we straightened up for the corner and we both went in the air both loosing front wings. After we landed I managed to get inside of him as he went into the gravel a bit, both now a lap down. We both did a lap with broken wings as Frentzen was 30sec behind in 7th. Pretty wrapped about my performance I was really slow down straights but lightening around corners which was the best set-up. Ended up with 4th best lap of the race so all in all a good result with some luck
Qualifying: 22nd
Race: 5th

Here is the complete finsishing results of both races

If theres not enough interest I will just do it my self but interested what you guys think and recommend

Re: My Grand Prix 2 Championship
Date: January 20, 2012 02:25AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Based on your 2nd race you toned down your erratic driving and got an excellent result. You should be renewed through at least round 6 and then we shall revisit this :P.
Date: January 20, 2012 03:42PM
Posted by: Vomit
But there is no way in hell, you will get a ferrari contract any where near future after blocking Alesi like that
Date: January 20, 2012 10:34PM
He will if he wins with another car and if he blocks the Williams or Benetton :P.
Date: January 21, 2012 06:55PM
Posted by: 3tec
Reminds me of this:

Date: January 23, 2012 06:45AM
thanks for intrest starting san marino practice tonight im hoping for another good race. hopefully i can get up there and maybe block a williams or benetton

Date: January 25, 2012 07:49AM
San Marino Grand Prix Report
Friday Practice: Ran fairly well no reliability problems at all just had a bit of plank wearing as my setup was just a qualifying one that i was confident of running in the race with just upping the ride height. I was really fast through the first sector only 0.2 off the leaders and the second and third sectors i was definitely slower, especially through the later part of rivazza and traguardo.

Friday Qualifying: Was happy with First Qualifying as my setup was fast enough for 20th but only 0.4 off 13th. Plank wore out only after 7 Laps so I could go any more laps as i was given the drag penalty. Verstappen Had no time as he crashed out catching a wheel of Alboreto coming into Villeneuve and broke in half but lucky to walk away. My Team mate also had a good qualifying as he was 22nd.

Saturday Practice: Obviously my first objective was to find a setup where i was confident of running the race without damaging the plank. Upped the front ride height by 2mm and the back as well, but the front was still hitting the ground and i adjusted it a further 1mm for the race.

Saturday Qualifying: The track was a lot faster on Saturday than it was Friday as i was able to make huge advances up the field going 1 second faster than my Friday time. I ran with my qualifying setup again but with an adjusted with a 1mm rise which i thought would give me 12 laps rather than 7. But i ran wide on my last run at Piratella and spinning and wiping the front left off the car. But because i went faster i managed to qualify 11th.

Race: Good start no positions made or lost following Verstappen and the two Jordans through Tamburello down to Villeneuve who touches rear wheels with Irvine and again going in the air and same result as Qualifying. I followed Barrichello through who managed to get into 5th. I try to follow and make contact with Berger who goes wide and i slide into 6th. I let Berger back through into Variante Alta so i get no penalty, Also Irvine retires on lap 2 with Transmission problems. Lap 3 I can see smoke coming out of one of the cars in front of me, its Alesi (P4) he has got a Water Leak and retires as i move up into 6th, Catching a heavy Berger as Barrichello is pulling away fast. Hakkinen is pushing me hard not letting me get without 0.5 sec in front of him; he can get draft but just can't get past me with my low down force. Lap 6 I get close to Berger down the front straight and stay close and get past at Tosa now into P5. Barrichellow is slowly pulling away and pits on lap 12, maybe a very early 3 stopper as mine isn't to lap 18, also so does Hakkinen. Katyama is also past Berger and now slowly catching me. Berger out with Engine Failure on lap 14 Ferrari has an early day. I stop lap 18 letting Barrichello back through but not dropping any more places, But Katayama still right on my gearbox again. Coulthard from P3 is now out with Suspension problems which puts me into the top 4 again. 2 laps later i make a small mistake and run wide letting Katayama through but my speed down the front straight gets me back past again into Tosa. Run wide again 1 lap later at Varianta Alta as Katayama is really pressuring me and passes me again. Not to worry he and Barrichello pit on lap 33 with me catching him late in the stint to only be 3 sec with him also catching Barrichello. I put in a couple of good laps before i pit in on lap 36 which helps me leap frog Katayama but 9 seconds behind Barrichello. Racing hard in this stint catching Barrichello hand over fist and by the time i pit for my last time on Lap 48 i am only 2.2 sec behind him. I pit for a short final stint and now realize that the other drivers must not be stopping a third time. I also add a couple of extra laps of fuel in as to what happened in Aida. 10 Seconds behind Katayama with only just over 10 laps to go. Lap 56 pass Katayama as his tyres are now severely worn and i can run faster now than any time before in the race. 6 To go 16 Seconds behind Barrichello. Cross The line only 12 seconds behind Barrichello who could drive a bit faster than Katayama. I am on the last one on the lead lap with a P4. Seventh fastest lap as well for the race only 1.4 seconds of Damon Hill.

Qualifying:11th
Race:4th

This race i was able to give a more comprehensive race as i wrote down most of the stuff as it happened for me and around me. Next stop Monaco; i have a heavy feeling that i will crash or won't go good at Monaco but here’s hoping.
Points Table:

I am also considering changing from the original microprose performance to a proper 1994 one as i am doin exceptionally well considering i am in a pacific. as i dont want to be to far ahead if i get a new contract

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2012 07:18AM by torana_05.
Date: January 25, 2012 10:47AM
Nice race and report! I'd say go for another performance file but be careful not to mess too much with things, check the range value for the AI as that may be enough to fix it?

I always enjoyed racing in Monaco in the GPx games, could always push more than the AI and use more of the track/get closer to the walls. When needed I was a moving chicane so if you don't bin it you should do quite well ;).
Date: January 25, 2012 11:01AM
Maybe an idea i coould just adjust the pacific car down and more failures i know it will stuff up gachot but he never really made it in anyway

Date: January 25, 2012 12:10PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
if i remember correctly, and hell i dont think i do, but I think no matter what car you drive you have better performance than your team mate. it wasn't based on the Perf files the players car was always a set amount of BHP and weight and only the AI changed.

Date: January 25, 2012 01:13PM
no i changed that in gp2 and made sure i had 'selected team power' in gp2 edit and exported thos settings. now that i look at it pacific is the lowest bhp setting and it is only 15 behind footwork, simtek, larrouse and a few others while race is more behind again but what i find funny is that it has the third best car failure rate benetton and williams are only better.

Date: January 26, 2012 12:38AM
Keep racing this well and you may move up to Lotus or Tyrrell ;).
Date: January 31, 2012 12:20PM
Monte-Carlo Grand Prix Report

Qualifying: Qualifying was pretty average I thought but I concentrated on my race setup, which I was confident I could run all race. In Monaco I also suffered severe plank wear with it wearing out with 3 laps! On Saturday the track was faster as it was at Imola but only by a couple of tenths, which didn’t make any difference from where I started which was 21st with a 1:21.537

Pre-Race Warm-up: First lap out of the pits of have a coming together with team-mate Gachot entering the swimming pool. I didn’t realise how slow he was through there as it was my fastest sector of the track and I hit his right rear wheel with my front left and both were out on the spot. The team boss was obviously angry but I couldn’t understand why he was out on track when he didn’t even qualify.

Race: Excellent start making up 8 places on the jump and up the inside of Ste Devote as the pack bottlenecked. Then running close into Lowes I get past Blundell for 12th behind Verstappen in the second Benetton. Lap 6 I pass Verstappen into Mirabeau and immediately pull away to catch Morbidelli and Berger. Within 3 laps I have caught up to Morbidelli and Berger and passes Morbidelli into La Rascasse, an unusual place to pass but I have the confidence and speed. Crossing the line and up the hill I am all over Berger in front of me and suddenly BANG! Bergers engine blows right in front of me exiting Lowes, 2 Engines in 2 races for Berger Ferrari must not be impressed with their reliability, now elevated into p10. Katayama now 2.7 seconds up the road but I am banging in some quite competitive laps and 2 laps later I make a move on him exiting the tunnel at the Nouvelle Chicane, Katayama is getting held up by a very slow Frentzen in front who I pass immediately into La Rascasse P8. I am on the pace setting lap times now only 1 or 2 tenths off the leaders, I knew I was going to be fast but not this fast, maybe just the three stopper working again for me. Irvine is 6 seconds in front and by lap 19 pass him because he has a problem with backmarker Brabham who goes wide and Irvine runs into him with me slamming on my brakes in avoidance and loosing valuable time as Irvine pits. Now with no traffic I’m now lapping faster than anyone on the track by about 4 tenths as people are in traffic and what not. Hakkinen (P3) has electrical problems but misses the pit lane entry and slides back out who then in turn runs into Fittipladi who spins off bringing out the yellow flags and regains just in time to be in front of me. Hakkinen now with a whole lap to go before he can make it back to the pits surely can’t make it. But unfortunately for me he makes it back in leads me into the pits for my first pit stop. First lap out of the pits following Hakkinen through the tunnel who is in the draft of Blundell who he makes a move on as I follow, allowing me to get right behind Hakkinen and able to pass him on the entry to La Rascasse, now with Verstappen ahead of me again, who I pass up the inside of Massenet into P9. Alesi who was 6 seconds on front pits a couple of laps later and re-joins in front of me but I brake harder and later in Ste Devote passing him on the outside and gain a net position for that move. I am now lapping nearly 3 seconds a lap faster than Morbidelli in front of me and catch him within 2 laps and pass him as well. I am also catching Katayama and Frentzen at the same rate as well. With some courteous driving from Katayama I get past him at the Swimming Pool and the Frentzen into my favourite passing place, La Rasacasse. Barrichello pits a couple of laps later who I pass getting into P4; the amazing thing is I’m not lapping as fast as I was in the first stint. Backmarkers are making it hard but I am managing to pull off some beautiful moves off as Fittipaldi, Comas and Zanardi P23,22,21 respectively, Fittipaldi around the outside of Massenet, Comas into Mirabeau and Zanardi at Lowes. Now chasing Coulthard who is 8.2 seconds in front but catching 1.5-2 seconds a lap depending on traffic. Lap 33 make a huge dive into Lowes with me right on the inside touching wheels a bit but managing to get past into P3. L37 I make a mistake on the seafront chicane going a bit wide at the first part bouncing off the wall but luckily no damage. Lap 39 Schumacher pits but I need to pit on lap 40 so I gain 2nd for a lap and re-join P5 behind Barrichello. New boots are making the difference again as well as the light fuel load. I make another 50/50 move on Barrichello into the last corner and we touch with him bouncing off the wall and me off his wheels, but both regain with no damage, I think a racing incident no one gave anyone room or chance. With Coulthard pitting while the chaos is on I manage to catch up to Alesi and pass him into Mirabeau. P3 again but with Schumacher 22 seconds I have to put in the laps with new rubber to make inroads on the 2 leaders. But Schumacher is holding me off being able to set fast times only the inconvenience of lap cars can help me catch up, with Hill pitting on lap 50and re-joins 14 seconds up the road from me. It seems that Pacifics maiden win is out of the question hopefully a third place with me beating Coulthard who is now p4 but not having to pit again behind me. Have a moment a Mirabeau losing about 4 seconds; the tires have had enough after my early laps with them pushing hard. But I’m still managing to just pull, away from Coulthard if I can keep concentration. Lap 61 I am in for my final stop with Coulthard 21 seconds behind and Hill 25 seconds in front. I am only stationary for 7.5 seconds with Coulthard passing me as I exit. Coulthard makes a small mistake in Nouvelle Chicane and I pass at Tabac back into P3, Hill now 48 seconds and all seems set for 3rd. But with some inspired driving I set fastest lap, if I can keep this pace I can gain 2-3 seconds a lap on the leaders thanks to my tires being fresh. 10 Laps to go 30.7 seconds behind Hill who is right on Schumacher’s tail. Lap 72 Hill passes Schumacher who is 26.3 seconds in front but now my tires are losing grip with 6 laps to go. 3 Laps to go I cannot gain any more time as tires are really worn now so I back off a bit but I still want to get as close as possible with Schumacher 17 seconds in front. Last Lap exiting Lowes and down into Portier I lose the back end but I keep the engine going and flick it around with no damage and cross the line 30 seconds in front of Coulthard and 29 behind Schumacher. This was certainly a surprise but it was not without errors as I made quite a few in the race going wide numerous times and spinning and making lunges which for me paid off but I am extremely happy with Third hopefully it will make him happy after the warm-up.

Qualifying: 21st
Race: 3rd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2012 12:21PM by torana_05.
Date: January 31, 2012 02:49PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Great report! Keep them coming...

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: March 17, 2012 01:09AM
Posted by: Rams
Loved reading that. More please!
Date: April 03, 2012 01:38PM
After a long break Spanish Qualifying was taken under a beautiful Spanish Day with both sessions had equivalent speed with no session being faster than the other. The two days of qualifying and practice might have been beautiful but in the Pacific Grand Prix Garage it was a completely different story Gachot and myself failed to find speed out of the Pacifics with my best time being a 1.26.2 being a p25 with Gachot a second or so off that. The employees back at the factory were breaking world records for making new front wings as easily a dozen were broken either in half or disintegrated by the Spanish tyre walls and gravel. The car was just not right everything I tried was in vain I was either lightning down the straits and jelly in corners or the other way round depending on what setup I tried as I couldn't find a balance. Rivals were so much faster in corners and I even ran a hungoraring setup with a bit less wing on the back to try to counter this but I still was not fast enough. An Interlagos setup was also tried but I was too jelly round the corners and I had trouble keeping it on the island, with a max run of 10 laps before spinning and putting it into a wall. I don't hold too much for the race as I don’t think my tyres will hold up with the setup I’m using as they will wear very quickly. But as in previous races qualifying isn’t everything.

P.S Race day may be a fair way off depending on time over Easter.

Date: April 04, 2012 05:18AM
Cancel Easter and take care of the race. Priorities!
Date: April 05, 2012 01:51AM
Posted by: pirx
Date: April 07, 2012 10:12AM
Posted by: mortal
Epic thread. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 08, 2012 01:07PM
Only 29 Laps of the race is gone and already it has been action packed here is the report thus far as I have to save it because I have to go to bed as I am working out of town this week.

A good start from p25 which turns into p18 by Repsol. Katayama and Bernard are having their own battle and they touch and I cannot pull up and hit the back of Bernard and lose my front wing and I have to make it all the way round to the pits for a new one and re-join p25 in front of Morbidelli who also lost a front wing on the first lap. Herbert is 20 seconds now in front but I am lapping around 2 seconds a lap faster than him and also pulling out about 1 second on Morbidelli a lap. Lap 8 I make a mistake into La Caxia and go wide into the gravel and re-join losing about 8 seconds increasing the gap back up to 20 seconds again Lap 9 Morbidelli blows up and I am now last, with race leader Hill Catching me to lap me. Lap 14 Hill is within 5 seconds of lapping me who suddenly goes slowly; He has got an electrical problem and lets Schumacher pass. Lap 16 Schumacher Laps me and Herbert. My heart sinks a little because only last race I was mixing it with them and now I have been lapped so early on. The following lap I pass Herbert into Elf But pit in at the end of the lap for first scheduled stop. I decided to stick with three stops as I don’t think the tyres will make a two stop race. Lap 20 Brabham puts and I pass him now p22 setting my fastest lap of 1.26.699 two seconds shy of the leaders but still not that bad. Frenzten half spins in front of me at La Caxi and regains just in front of me, also pass Beretta who is exiting the pits. Seems like an interesting race as strategies are playing a real part in whose fast and slow today. Comas has somehow lost a front wing and Frentzen and me are catching fast but all three of us have to take evasive action as a stationary Herbert is sitting in the middle of the road at the exit of turn 8. Frentzen sees Herbert a bit earlier and gets through faster than Comas and dives down the inside of the following corner leaving me wait to La Caxia to pass the ailing Comas. Alboreto re-joins in the gap between me and Frenzten that has appeared while I was following Comas, but staying close to Alboreto I pass him a few corners later into Seat p18. Frenzten is lapping just a bit faster than me but in one lap I pull back 1.7 seconds as he is stuck behind a really slow Zanardi and Bernard who are obviously on different strategies. I make a lunge at Frentzen into Elf who sees me coming and gives me room and coming into Seat I pass Zanardi but I run wide but Zanardi is still on the outside that goes into the gravel losing his front wing. At the start of lap 28 I pass Bernard into Elf with the Ferrari of Gehard Berger 11.8 seconds in front who is lapping a bit faster than me.

The rest may be done next weekend

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy