SAFETY CONFIRMED IN F1 2011 CODEMASTERS

Posted by SAT_LAB 
Re: SAFETY CONFIRMED IN F1 2011 CODEMASTERS
Date: October 24, 2011 01:06AM
Posted by: HakkF1
And the hatred continues
it's funny how u all get so defensive as if it is ur copyrights I am stealing
and would somebody plz explain what steam is, so I can know if it is in my country or not

and I didn't reread the posts above, because I was skipping to see my game answers, not realizing they were directed to me

reading now....

ok, busted?? why??? If there is a way to get the game, then plz guide me, it's funny to see u all getting smarty ass on me, and saying I am pretending, believe me guys, I am not lying to u, simply because....it's not worth the effort.
if I didn't want to buy an original copy, I would tell u straight in ur face, what u gonna do, ban me......really?really? u r not my family, not my friends, a just a bunch of guys that I share the passion of racing with...but every time I come here it's like comic con....
I have been here since 2004, I really got tired of smart ass replays , and intelligent bashing, it was fun before, but that was 7 years ago, what r u all trying to prove
still bit bothered that I am 29 and I have to go all this effort just to get a pc game going.
I do appreciate all the guys giving the effort to answer, u have been great
but if u feel like kicking me out, hell do it...
but plz either answer me directly, or just tell me to go @#$%& my self, I would do it...I would.........still easier than this.

==============================

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2011 01:14AM by HakkF1.
Date: October 24, 2011 06:32AM
Posted by: Guimengo
@HakkF1:

[store.steampowered.com]

You can get your game through there and it will work on your PC and on multiplayer.
Date: October 24, 2011 02:31PM
Posted by: Morbid
HakkF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the hatred continues

Yeah...

You are the real victim here.

I guess everybody is responsible for what happens in your life, except you.

:rolleyes:

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: October 24, 2011 04:13PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Look, go to Steam and buy a copy of the game.

If you have a really slow connection, or if you want the game for Xbox, please go to a shop and buy it.

You can buy ORIGINAL COPIES of games in Syria from Virgin Megastore, which is in AL Shahba Mall in Aleppo. If this store has been bought by another company recently, find another store. The fact that such a store exists or recently existed blows your claims that you "cannot buy original copies" out of the water.

There are also cashpoints in Syria, which means that you have to have a Debit or Credit Card to use them. If it really is true that you need a lot of money in your bank before you can have a card, may I suggest that, seeing as "it's not like you don't have the money", you go to your bank and withdraw your money and just take it to the shop and buy a copy of the game?

An interesting read about piracy in Arab countries: [gamer.blorge.com]

And quoting that, it seems that you are not alone in your attitude to piracy:

“All you guys have no clue how it works in arab countries. Myself being half Lebanese and having gone to Lebanon last summer, I can tell you that there are NO legitimate copies of games. The whole country ONLY has pre-modded consoles as well as pirated game copies.”

"...Yes, I’ve spent over 3 years in “arab countries” such as Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Syria, and can tell you that there are legitimate copies of games, and consoles being sold that are not pre-modded. Anybody who breaks the law and steals from others finds an excuse, however illegitimate."

I'm not saying that it's as easy to buy legitimate hardware and software in Syria as it is in Europe, but judging by most peoples' comments, it's by no means difficult.
Date: October 25, 2011 02:05AM
Posted by: matt3454

Great.

Half distance race and it crashes on the very last lap.

FML.

Date: October 26, 2011 01:27PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
HakkF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the hatred continues
> it's funny how u all get so defensive as if it is
> ur copyrights I am stealing
> and would somebody plz explain what steam is, so I
> can know if it is in my country or not
>
> and I didn't reread the posts above, because I was
> skipping to see my game answers, not realizing
> they were directed to me
>
> reading now....
>
> ok, busted?? why??? If there is a way to get the
> game, then plz guide me, it's funny to see u all
> getting smarty ass on me, and saying I am
> pretending, believe me guys, I am not lying to u,
> simply because....it's not worth the effort.
> if I didn't want to buy an original copy, I would
> tell u straight in ur face, what u gonna do, ban
> me......really?really? u r not my family, not my
> friends, a just a bunch of guys that I share the
> passion of racing with...but every time I come
> here it's like comic con....
> I have been here since 2004, I really got tired of
> smart ass replays , and intelligent bashing, it
> was fun before, but that was 7 years ago, what r u
> all trying to prove
> still bit bothered that I am 29 and I have to go
> all this effort just to get a pc game going.
> I do appreciate all the guys giving the effort to
> answer, u have been great
> but if u feel like kicking me out, hell do it...
> but plz either answer me directly, or just tell me
> to go @#$%& my self, I would do it...I
> would.........still easier than this.

How To Buy A Game Legitimately.

Step 1. Go to a gamestore. Make sure that it is a shop such as Virgin Megastore, Game, or what have you.

Step 2. Take game from shelf with hand. Read front to make sure it is the game you want.

Step 3. Go to counter. The man/woman/hermaphrodite will scan the barcode.

Step 4. After quoted price, give money in correct denominations or insert credit/debit card.

Step 5. Congrats! You bought a game. Make sure you have a receipt.

Step 6. Go home and play it.

(or just use Steam. it's similar but you don't have to get off your arse to buy it.)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2011 03:41PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: October 26, 2011 11:23PM
Posted by: gav
I'm just pleased F1 2011 has safety.

F1 2010 certainly didn't, as it nearly had me mashing my head against my wheel time after time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2011 11:24PM by gav.
Date: October 28, 2011 10:59AM
Is anybody else having extreme difficulty driving in the rain?? I have TC off and there is just no grip on acceleration, compared to AI cars who just blaze away out of corners.

I'm winning the championship though, by 7 points, and I have three races left. Can't really afford another wet race cause I tend not to score in them.
Date: November 02, 2011 12:33AM
Posted by: Guimengo
In China I dominated the AI in the rain once I got my rhythm in the race, in Spa there was nothing I could do against the AI, regardless of all setups I tried I never had the top speed or acceleration even when geared for such, the AI was always better. By then I got supremely annoyed with the game and finished the season with 3-lap races.
Date: November 04, 2011 07:24PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Here is a list of what will supposedly be fixed in the patch;
[community.codemasters.com]

Loque, it does include a fix for the AI driving too fast in the wet.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 20, 2011 08:01PM
Hmmm. Better late than never I suppose.

Anyway you guys can read my review of the game on here: [reviewsfromtheisland.blogspot.com]
Date: November 20, 2011 09:54PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Bought this the other day for £25

Haven't opened it yet though, gonna wait and see if this patch fixes all the glitches. If not, well its back to Asda for my money back ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: December 19, 2011 04:00PM
Posted by: fongu
Loque, great review, I totally agree with it, except I never had 2010, only played for five minutes on the PS3 one time.
Some of those bugs are just so annoying - why does crashing into a bollard or advertising board end your race? How can it cause over 80% of damage to your car when only your front wing comes off? You can see from the 3d Models that the cars are prepared for a better damage model, but it's never made it onto the game properly - even TOCA race driver 2 from the 90's had a better damage model!

The only thing for me on a keyboard is that I can't keep up with guys with a steering wheel in online mode, but I guess that's true of all games. But i do enjoy the game, especially the DRS and KERS updates and fuel management are all plusses, and coming away from GP4's "rails" on the keyboard is a major plus for me. I also like the way the tyres do really fall off the cliff when they completely wear out, and its annoying when you're a lap or two from the end when you have no traction at all.

Date: December 25, 2011 12:22AM
Posted by: Robert
Regarding the problem of indestructable bollards/boards, I believe that can be fixed by changing a setting that you can alter in the graphics config file (with everything on high I've not had the problem) - it's been mentioned on the Codemasters forums a few times. :)

Also, apparently they had worked on a better damage model (seen by a few in an early beta) but were restricted by their license / the FIA as to how much damage the cars could show - there are also mods to increase the damage to more realistic levels.

Edit: see here

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 01:55PM by Robert.
Date: January 09, 2012 09:25PM
Posted by: elemental
I spent a few hours racing in online mode and the contact physics are just bizarre...makes genuinely racing other people impossible. Get up the inside of someone, if they're even slightly ahead, they can turn in on you and take their corner fine as they please while you go spinning out so you can't really overtake someone unless you're ahead of them before the corner, and if you get side by side on the straight they can just run you off the track and you can't really do anything about it. It's not an issue of drivers being nobbish, it's just very weird physics and ruined any fun it might have been. To compare to real life, it would have been like Schuey's 94 Adelaide maneuver resulting in Schumacher whacking hill, nailing the apex and continuing and Damon spun off backwards into the wall. Oh and I got a black flag on the first corner of my first race by running one bloody inch over the kerb of the first corner at Abu Dhabi! Weird game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2012 09:30PM by elemental.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy