SAFETY CONFIRMED IN F1 2011 CODEMASTERS

Posted by SAT_LAB 
Re: SAFETY CONFIRMED IN F1 2011 CODEMASTERS
Date: September 24, 2011 07:55PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I've been playing more today.

The AI thing is weird. I qualified tenth in Melbourne, but in Sepang I was on pole, five seconds quicker than anyone else.

I should add that the gameplay is enjoyable, much better than the first game IMO.
Date: September 25, 2011 08:07AM
Posted by: hasbriale
I haven't raced F1 2011 yet....

The stupid thing in 2010 was Gameplay... It is B*******... BAFTA!!? yeah right!! W T F !!

Flying Menus ... Moronic AI's.... Rules and Penalties.... (All pieces of Crap)....

And why would'nt it have the same F1 Time monitoring and TV overlays like we see on TV...

The only thing I like is the weather effects and graphics.. It was good...

Mind you.. Put a F1 series with cars and rules in EA's NFS Shift or Shift2.. Who need F1 2010 or 11 or whatever anyway !!

The game was out Sept 20th.. Today morning I heard Jenson Button to scream into his radio (err.. my head) : 'What is he doing?'...

Today's 25 !!!

Unfortunately.. Curiosity did kill my cat... So I will play and test F1 2011.. DAMN !! :-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2011 08:16AM by hasbriale.
Date: September 25, 2011 09:18AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
The AI are very bad at the start of the race. I just managed to get from 19th to 4th in Sector 1 at Shanghai in a Virgin on Legend difficulty.

They also aren't very good at overtaking, with lots of half-hearted moves that result in them spinning or losing time. It's fairly easy to defend from them if you don't make any mistakes.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 25, 2011 04:44PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
Rams Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> elpasho2005f1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Right I downloaded the game to check out the PC
> > version and I have to say I am thoroughly
> > Dissappointed with the end result. No doubt
> Money
> > has been spent to make the game better, yet it
> > just looks as if they spent more time on making
> > the cars look better. We still don't have a
> full
> > damage system, for instance, I crashed sideon
> into
> > the barriers at around 150mph, yet only the
> front
> > wing was damaged........ come on! Although the
> > lads from codemasters have been spending time
> on
> > developing f1 2011, there are still some major
> > bugs which just make me wanna switch off the
> game
> > completely. When I bought F1 2010 I was
> expecting
> > a game that would be a blend of arcade for the
> > newer drivers and simulation for the not so
> > amateur drivers, to some extent what psygnosis
> did
> > back in the 1990s, yet unfortunately, the mix
> of
> > arcade/sim together has kind of tarnished what
> > could be a great game. Also.... Where are the
> > bonuses, bonus tracks, cars etc. I remember
> > completing Colin Mcrae rally 4 and winning cars
> > like the classic audi quattro, lancia delta
> > integrale, back in the hayday of codemaster.
> > Throughout the history of F1 there have been
> some
> > great cars that people wanna race, surely
> > Codemasters could've spent a tad more time to
> add
> > bonus cars and tracks to really woo the f1 game
> > buyers..
> >
> > my opinion
>
>
> Regarding the bonus stuff that's down to FOM
> apparently - they wouldn't let them add in extra
> drivers/tracks not from the current season.

It's just unfortunate how arsey FOM can be, Personally, i think they shouldn't give the rights for F1 games to a sole games developer. Primarily due to the fact that multiple games will have positives/negatives within the game, looking at the 1990s and early 2000s, u had formula 1 by psygnosis, f1 racing championship by ubisoft, grand prix by geoff crammond and the F1 series by EA. Each game had their pros and cons, and later development of those games made their games better and fan friendly, appealed to the f1 fans properly. Unfortunately with one sole developer then we will be stuck with the problems that codemasters have with their f1 franchise. No disrespect to the developers, the car designs and graphics are awesome, but there can be some room for improvement
Date: September 25, 2011 05:12PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
@daveellis

He didnt mean wrong drivers in wrong teams

He meant older cars like a 2000 ferrari or 88 mclaren we can drive or other ciruits to use in time trial or online

Date: September 25, 2011 08:26PM
Posted by: Vomit
So... tested this today. Driving was ok, a bit too forgiving though ( i drive with keyboard, so I dont mind the handling being a bit arcade). Graphics were great and all that, but still it felt like plastic. I mean, you are sitting in the cockpit ready to start your practice, engineers are standing around the car and engines are revving, but still it doesnt give you the "being there" feeling. The sense of immersion just isnt there. No matter how hard you try, you are still dissapointingly aware that you are just playing a video game, and you didnt just pull off an awesome overtake on 7 times world champion. The last hit on the face is that after the q2, the results say that two saubers are in the front and webber and massa has dropped out.

The reason why I still play gp4 is that sense of immersion that it gives. I mean, you can see that some of the guys in paddock (if there are even anyone) are freaking cardboard, but still you can time to time really feel like you are fighting for the F1 championship.

And one thing that annoyed me also with F1 2011, was that there isnt Championship mode. You cant drive just one season with any car you like. Career mode is an ok idea, but driving the season 2011 over and over again doesnt really feel right.
Date: September 25, 2011 08:36PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Not sure if I wanna get it now...I mean, what's really that different to F1 2010? Most of the cars look the same, the drivers are more or less the same, so I dunno.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: September 25, 2011 10:48PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Waited and Waited and Waited !! Finally .............. Got to test the game just now.....

God.... Some one help me steer these cars .. Steering with Keyboard is like a nightmare...

Otherwise .. Pretty much same as F1 2010... Haven't yet seen the safety car...

People ... If you have PURCHASED F1 2010 ... Be happy with it !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2011 10:48PM by hasbriale.
Date: September 26, 2011 01:18AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
To be fair the handling is miles better - it's worth swapping F1 2010 for 2011 just for that alone. It does feel a lot better.
Date: September 26, 2011 03:23AM
Posted by: Robert
The handling is certainly better, but not perfect - there's now too much low speed grip and the rear's too loose through high speed corners (at least with TC off) plus the car is far too stable still when accelerating from a standstill without TC - the overall grip is such that with tyre and fuel simulation on and all aids off I can still go round singapore well under 1.40.
Despite there being quite a few bugs (AI is certainly inconsistent) it's still more fun to drive at least - and kers and drs work pretty well.

Hopefully, with a patch the game will be very enjoyable, as it's only really issues and bugs that are spoiling it atm - the game itself is solid :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 03:24AM by Robert.
Date: September 26, 2011 10:56AM
Posted by: Morbid
The F1 2011 steam forums are a gloomy read. Almost all of the threads are concerning some weird bug, glitch or crash. Almost no threads with "Wow" or "Oh this was such a great moment". That does not bode well at all.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 26, 2011 01:30PM
Posted by: marcl
Only done a few races online but really like the game, I can now brake where I want to and not way before the corner.

The car handles better but there is a touch to much understeer and the back slides a bit too much.

It is a lot better than 2010.

Plus I like that fact that online now people lose points if they crash into you.

My biggest complaint is I hate the new menues and there are far too many loading screens.

KERS works well, but DRS in a 3 lap online race is pointless.
Date: September 26, 2011 03:17PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The F1 2011 steam forums are a gloomy read.

All official forums are in my experience. :( iRacing forums are a complete disgrace, Steam forums aren't much better.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 26, 2011 05:26PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
@Vomit, you can play a full season with whatever team you like. it's called Grand Prix........

chose your team and add the full 2011 calendar to the race selection. do your 19 races , voila a championship season with any team... how the hell you missed this, god only knows looool

Date: September 26, 2011 05:32PM
Posted by: Jolkins
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The AI are very bad at the start of the race. I
> just managed to get from 19th to 4th in Sector 1
> at Shanghai in a Virgin on Legend difficulty.
>
> They also aren't very good at overtaking, with
> lots of half-hearted moves that result in them
> spinning or losing time. It's fairly easy to
> defend from them if you don't make any mistakes.

Yeah, have to 100% agree. The whole start thing kinda ruins career mode for me. On quite a few occasions even managed to get in 1st after starting in a low 16-17th position with Williams in Melbourne on the same Legend difficulty... What's realistic about that? But to be honest, I haven't really seen any game with a decent AIs at the start.

Also on the AI overtaking - haven't had the "pleasure" to be properly overtaken. As you said - if you don't make any mistakes you can easily finish in front. The only place where they try to get past is start/finish straight, but even there you can pretty easily defend your position with a little help of KERS.

Don't get me wrong, the game is lots of fun, but it still is missing quite a few important features and improvements(like a full replay system)
Date: September 26, 2011 06:25PM
Posted by: Enjoi
I quite enjoyed F1 2010 when using the PS3 controller, but it didn't feel right with a wheel, probably not a great sign! One thing I noticed is that it seemed delayed in F1 2010, when I put my foot on the accelerator or changed gear there'd be a slight delay before it did anything. The other problem was that I didn't really get a feel for the car, any time the car lost control I had no idea it was going to happen, it seemed to just choose when it wanted to spin you.

Does anyone know if those things are better in F1 2011? Had a go on it at Game on the xbox and it seemed like good fun, the KERS was cool to use but not sure if it's worth to buy unless it's quite a bit better than the last one..

It'd have been nice to have more options in F1 2011 interms of difficulty, I know that they're trying to appeal to the masses by making it fairly easy but surely they could just have more options though so the more serious gamers can crank the realism up.

Ric Scott
Date: September 26, 2011 06:31PM
Posted by: Vomit
Tried this again today and indeed, you can drive just one season in grand prix mode. Yesterday i didnt even check that mode out, cos i thought it was only one grand prix. I'm actually starting to enjoy this game. It isnt great, but it is lots of fun time to time.
Date: September 26, 2011 08:17PM
Posted by: marwood82
I'm quite enjoying it.

its much better than last years, the new handling model is a big improvement. Its quite a challenge with everything switched off

The AI are better than last time(you have to work to keep up with them in legend mode). their times also seem genuine.

they are a bit hit and miss at the starts, but i've yet to see a game that gets it 100% right.
I think part of the problem is that as a player, knowing its a game and that you can restart, you are more aggressive and take far more chances at the start than you would in real life.
so i guess its a tricky thing for the developers to get right

my 1 issue with it at the moment is as has been mentioned, the AI aren't great at overtaking.
if you get in front of them, as long as you don't make a mistake then its unlikely they'll manage to pass you.

now, i don't mind that to some extent as lets face it, thats exactly what happens in real life. but i do think that
when they are blatantly quicker than you they should try to get past in the DRS zones more than they do.

they also won't overtake you if you try and let them past in practice.

from the players point of view KERS and DRS have been well done.
if you open DRS half way through a corner you really know about it.

they're moving in the right direction with it. they're not fully there yet, but its certainly worth playing and with an AI patch would be even better
Date: September 26, 2011 10:21PM
Posted by: Rams
Apparently if you increase suspension stiffness to max you suddenly gain seconds of time. Somebody's reported doing a lap of Melbourne in 55 seconds!
Date: September 26, 2011 10:55PM
Posted by: gav
Well, it's definitely better than F1 2010... but then so was having a planet shoved up your arse.

With a wheel and no aids, it's more drivable, and less frustrating (you don't spin every time you hit an inside kerb). The wet weather is more challenging with no aids (though I've not raced the AI in the wet, just driven a couple of laps of India to see what the track was like - which seems like typical Tilke @#$%& if you're wondering).

I agree with the defending of positions. Just position your car in a decent position (like anywhere on the track) and they won't pass you unless you cock it up.

Rams
Apparently if you increase suspension stiffness to max you suddenly gain seconds of time. Somebody's reported doing a lap of Melbourne in 55 seconds!

I can't speak for Melbourne as so far I've only done a mini race at Singapore, where my best lap was a 1:46.xxx. Maxing the suspension and the anti-roll bars (just in case), I knocked that down to 1:43.xxx in a couple of laps.

It definitely feels faster, and it minimises the Vettel-style+ power-slides, but at Singapore it seems nothing more than 2 or 3 seconds faster unless I'm missing a trick. I think most of my time gained was being able to apply the power far more aggressively and really attack the kerbs.

Maybe it's more extreme on a track with more fast corners.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy