Duke Nukem Forever unveiled 3rd September

Posted by msater 
Re: Duke Nukem Forever unveiled 3rd September
Date: June 11, 2011 12:46AM
Posted by: Slash
alright Dave, tomorrow's today.. i suppose you haven't updated us because you can't get away from it? ;)

does it captures the fun of previous titles?
Date: June 11, 2011 10:18AM
Posted by: mortal
I await your review Dave. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 11, 2011 10:27AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Whoops, I thought I had pasted this review here too, but I didn't. Anyway it's a pretty short review (I'm not that far into the game), so if you have any questions I'll answer them.

It's quite odd how almost none of the issues I experienced in the Demo occur in the final game, especially with how late the demo was. It wasn't like it was an early demo, where the game was unfinished. Either way, the performance issues are gone in the final game for me. It looks good and runs significantly better. It also didn't lock up or crash in any way.

My review is this is an old school game. No it isn't as pretty as Call of Duty. No it doesn't play like a brand new up to date shooter. It plays like Duke Nukem. And I @#$%& love it. It's like a retro game, with nicer graphics. Items are found in CRATES. Remember those days? It's RUN AND GUN. No infinite enemies. No hiding. You have a rocket launcher and you shoot aliens, whilst Duke makes massively inappropriate comments. And you get proper boss fights again! You against a big ass monster, in an appropriate arena!

It's just FUN. It isn't deep. It isn't meaningful. It doesn't have a massive story with 6 different twists. It doesn't have 80 different keys to map for special functions. You grab your gun and you shoot those alien @#$%& in the face.

The one big downside for me, you can only carry 2 guns. It's the one attempt at semi-realism and it doesn't fit. Let me carry all the guns like before!

Oh, and the multiplayer is @#$%&. But that was a given.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 14, 2011 10:31AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Heaps of reviews say its awfull because there is no depth, there is no realism, its just run and gun. they dont like the fact it feels like its from 1994.

Im hanging out to try it, its been ablong time since i have had a run and gun game to play!!

Date: June 14, 2011 03:03PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Im still thinking about getting it :)

I was wondering Can you now download the original duke nukem 3d for free now? I dont know if it has become freeware now? any links ( if its free and not warez ) would be great

Jeremy
Date: June 16, 2011 05:18PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
You can get the shareware first episode from 3drealms' own site.

H E L L O
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy