PES 2011! (FIFA 11 now)

Posted by Guimengo 
Re: PES 2011!
Date: September 15, 2010 03:28AM
Posted by: Thunderknight
Demo released, searh in google!!!!!!!

Looks better than the previous one, i realy like the improved passing sistem, realy more realistic, but it´s a bit dificult (at leats to me) to get used.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

GP4 Projects: - Button, Hamilton, Di Resta, Kovalainen and Ricciardo F1 2012 Helmets Released -
My GP4 Workthread
Date: September 15, 2010 06:00AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Tomorrow it will be out on PS3 and 360, cannot wait.

Been playing the FIFA 11 demo on the PS3 for a while. It feels like a polished 2010 World Cup game, smoother. No more cheap goals from crossing at goal from the edge of the box!

Now... refs are a bit dodgy! They've not called a few obvious fouls and have given fouls for the AI when it should have been a foul on me. That happens because sometimes when the player is falling (after being run over in these cases) he lands with his arm on the ball and handballs are one of FIFA 11 new (actually nice) gameplay features. It needs a bit more tweaking of the engine for FIFA 12 or before the game is actually out.

One thing that really bugged me was the lack of aggression from the AI (both CPU and my team) to go get a loose ball. It's like a staring battle between teams and only 2 players go for it eventually. That happens all the time with loose balls.

Graphics are clearer but I'd say still too bright and cartoony. Plays well, probably the best FIFA since FIFA 1998 if they haven't screwed up Leagues/Manager Mode/Be a Pro with any glitches.

PS: All games played in World Class, everything manual. I think I played 14 full games.
Date: September 15, 2010 07:29PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I've got both Fifa & PES demo's on download at the minute

Will review what I think of them after a couple of games on each

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: September 16, 2010 03:50AM
About FIFA 11

- Played every game as B. Leverkusen (versus Lyon, or Juventus).
- On penalty kicks, the AI shot the ball into the stands about 9 times (out of some 13 shoot outs). I saved a ton but that's just luck. Twice the ball hit the post and went in off my goalie. Tragic but funny and realistic .
- I am fine with how passing is done, regarding sensitivity, but I am not fine with how weak X passes are. I find myself using triangle for any passes that need to have strength regardless of distance. Very annoying.
- I loved how the computer played a tight defense and how you cannot score from turning your back to the goal line and firing a (manual) cross at the goal, as the goalie would be out.
- It bothers me how terrible the AI can be regarding runs forward, not behind the central defenders but around the sidelines when the midfield is clogged and you're looking for the SMFs to make a quick 5-10m sprint forward but they don't.
- Insane dribbling speed has been reduced!
- AI attempts fancy dribbles to create space (a positive).

That said, and depending on how Creation Centre and editing goes, I may buy FIFA 11 (if stores here do it for $59.99 but give me a $20 gift card).
Date: September 17, 2010 04:22AM
It looks like I won't be buying PES 2011, very sad :(. I will buy FIFA instead and hope for the best regarding Manager Mode (as in no bugs like FIFA 10), and hope not to get screwed up the arse with DLC.

[www.easports.com]
[www.easports.com]
[www.easports.com]
Re: PES 2011! (FIFA 11 now)
Date: September 17, 2010 05:32PM
Edited the thread's title to include FIFA.

So it's set, I'll be buying FIFA at launch as I found a promotion for it. Probably no PES this year, even if everything about Become a Legend and Master League sounds awesome :(.
Date: September 17, 2010 07:35PM
Posted by: Enjoi
Thanks for all that info Gui. Good to see you're getting FIFA :p

I bought Pro Evo 2010 the other day for PC, I was impressed with it! I still prefer FIFA but I liked the attention to detail Pro Evo had (like when you get to the cup final they make a big deal out of it).

I looked into the new creation centre on FIFA and its embarassingly pants compared to Pro Evo's (although I guess Pro Evo's has to be good with their lack of a license).

I'll be buying FIFA 2011 for the PS3, just downloading the demo now :)

Just finished my 10th season on FIFA 2010, finally won the champions league!

Ric Scott
Date: September 17, 2010 10:27PM
Posted by: senna9194
Enjoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for all that info Gui. Good to see you're
> getting FIFA :p
>
> I bought Pro Evo 2010 the other day for PC, I was
> impressed with it! I still prefer FIFA but I liked
> the attention to detail Pro Evo had (like when you
> get to the cup final they make a big deal out of
> it).
>
> I looked into the new creation centre on FIFA and
> its embarassingly pants compared to Pro Evo's
> (although I guess Pro Evo's has to be good with
> their lack of a license).
>
> I'll be buying FIFA 2011 for the PS3, just
> downloading the demo now :)
>
> Just finished my 10th season on FIFA 2010, finally
> won the champions league!

10 seasons?:-o

well i spent most of my time with pes 2010,become a legend mode

5 seasons
5 Teams(Lazio,Fiorentina,Inter,Roma and Barcelona)
1 Italian Champ(Inter)
1 Italian Cup(Inter)
1 Europa League(Fiorentina)
3 Champions League(Inter,Roma and Barcelona)
1 Spanish Cup(Barcelona)
1 Spanish Club(Barcelona)
around 600 goals
around 40 assists

i never liked the fact that the commentator never shouted my name on my pc;)on my friend's xbox he calls my player "messi";my friend put that as callname,just because i look like messi(and i'm fast too);)
now we're enjoying to play communities championships with our personal teams.I never won one as i can grab at least two wins,but not against my friend,neither a draw;)

My GPGSL Career
Date: September 17, 2010 11:12PM
Hehe that's cool. Yeah my surname (Scott) is on FIFA so the commentators say it...I like that feature. I heard you can create custom chants in the new fifa so you can select what chants happen after a goal, at the start of a game etc...so that sounds cool.

Yeah, I managed to fit 10 seasons in! I started on the manager mode the day I bought FIFA though and that's all I really do on the game so that's why I got through so many seasons.

Looks like a good range of teams you played for there, and 600 goals..wow! I played for Fiorentina on FIFA 09,

I played for Carlisle United for 6 seasons, Arsenal for 1, PSG for 2 and Real Madrid for 1. I finished 13th in the league in my first season, but got a bit better as I got used to the game..
This is what I won..
x1 League 1 Title
X1 League 1 Play-off Title
x2 FA Cup
x1 Uefa Cup
x2 Charity Shield
x2 Premier League Title
x2 League Cup
x1 Super Cup
x2 Ligue 1 Title
x2 Coupe National
x1 Ligue Coupe
x1 La Liga
x1 Spanish Super Cup
x1 Champions League

Ric Scott
Date: September 19, 2010 07:06PM
Posted by: Xero
I switched to FIFA last year after being a PES man all the way back to ISS days. After playing the demos i'm switching back to PES this year.
Date: September 20, 2010 05:21PM
Date: September 21, 2010 01:35PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Does the FIFA 11 PC version still have the mouse movement like in FIFA 09?

Quite liked that feature, gave me more freedom of control on players and their movements.
Date: September 21, 2010 08:08PM
Posted by: rocker
Guimengo,

This weekend I downloaded both demos on PSN, I didn't like any of them. PES has better graphics but the new camera is really awfull, didn't like it at all, also the passing system is quite strange.
Fifa has a better gameplay but I think the graphics are too cartoonish.

Maybe I'll buy PES and play Libertadores on easy, than I may see Corinthians win it :P (and the 2011 real Libertadores!).

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: September 21, 2010 10:13PM
PES improved a lot but my issue is with the way the players move with the ball and their speed. The ball rotates a lot too and stops rotating too much. The game camera is great, replay camera is terrible :(. The passing gives more freedom but I still find it very easy to hit teammates and it's very forgiving. I didn't like shooting, the way the defense still leaves a gap at the back and how they (don't) close down off the ball. Goalies and ref are far better, goalies every so often don't dive for a ball (even though they won't reach) when the forward is within a certain short distance.

FIFA looks cartoony because they need to add more shading and need to catch up with PES regarding player textures, in PES they're very detailed and even have visible arm hair and veins. I'm still going with FIFA, I am very sad as I have been looking forward to PES for about 4 months.
Date: September 23, 2010 04:25PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
Played both games on the XBOX 360 and FIFA is defo the winner.

Its a bit harder to play, but plays more natural. Not so easy to score as in PES.
Pes looks better. But I really prefer FIFA just because its a better game in complete view..

Magic Senna
Date: September 23, 2010 06:18PM
Posted by: Xero
See, I'm the opposite. I've been a life-long pes fan. Last year I switched to FIFA, but after playing the demos I'll be switching back to PES. FIFA is awesome, don't get me wrong, but PES has that special something like it used to in the past. When you try to play good passing football PES is just more rewarding. It hasn't had that since PES6 imo.
Date: September 23, 2010 11:43PM

See Roy Keane prefers Pro Evo but would like FIFA to improve...

Ric Scott

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2010 11:45PM by Enjoi.
Date: September 29, 2010 06:18PM
Well I can say I really enjoy the game! :D
The virtual pro improved a little bit over the World Cup game, now I look more like myself and less like a 12-year old 6'4 baby ;). Loving the gameplay, managed to have a few 1-time passes that were so satisfying (on manual), shame the goalie saved the shots that came from it :P.

They have improved the ratings for Brazilian teams (for example) and actually some overall ratings show an apparent low number but when I go to edit I see that they're not bad at all, it sometimes may be a mental or other kind of attribute that affects it, as well as the player's set position not being his best fitting position, which made me happy in the end :).

FIFA obviously still needs to improve player likeness and give more physical editing options, as Ronaldo isn't a giant muffin with 2 legs ;). It would be nice to have a set of other positions the player can play, PES style.

Very, very happy so far :).
Date: September 30, 2010 10:26PM
Just published a team on the Creation Centre, so if you have FIFA 11 please check it out by looking for Huskies United, from your ingame menu :).
Date: October 01, 2010 07:37AM
Have now created Pelé and Zico too!
I also noticed some of the GPG guys got FIFA too, on the ingame scoreboard there were a few other names (names appear with some accomplishments by players). Let's get a Virtual Pros team together!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy