pankykapus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice pics!
>
> I had my first race with the Mazda Mx5 at Laguna
> Seca, starting 6th finished 2nd.
> It was not the best race I ever had but I had the
> thrill again, so I think it'll do for me :P

Whats ya real name panky? i want to see your results to, if you dont want to show it in the forum PM me ;)

Re: iRacing
Date: November 13, 2010 07:41AM
Posted by: pankykapus
I'm Gergo Panker, already added you as a friend (but then it doesn't work two ways) :)

Yeah I only touched the mud a bit at a few corners, and partially cut Corkscrew (the system is pretty sensitive, I have to say) though there was a huge accident in turn one that took 3 cars off that I managed to avoid.
Date: November 13, 2010 10:34AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Off tracks arent sensitive, you have to get half the car over the line to get an offtrack. and when ya think about it thats alot!

yeah its a silly friends system. needs to be more in line of a facebook friend sort of thing.

Date: November 13, 2010 08:30PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I missed the start of the spectator session but I guess pankykapus got rear ended. :p

Pushing the limits just a bit!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 13, 2010 10:01PM
Hey I'm famous :D

Yeah my first race today was not a success, I skid in the quick left turn before the corkscrew and 'right-left-right-left-car behind me-wall' thing happened.

You watched the wrong race btw the one I just had was great, starting from 6th again fighting up to 2nd and a very tight and clean race for keeping it.
Date: November 18, 2010 06:05AM
Except for that last race, your doing well Panky, (not that i can talk i knocked up 19 incidents in one v8 supercar race last monday lost 1 whole SR point)!

once you get your SR over 4 youll get to see what your irating is!!

Date: November 18, 2010 03:13PM
R26 i painted for a mate.

First ever Real car. very happy with it

Date: November 19, 2010 09:35PM
From the Road America round of the Grand-Am series.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 20, 2010 12:34AM
I had issues with my internet connection so I could only join but not start a couple of races, which apparently count as races I took part in so my stats are pretty low...

I'm liking it very much now, I only had a couple of bad experiences, sometimes rookies have absolutely no idea that they are being lapped.

Oh and I had I race that I won but it doesn't show up in my stats. Can it be because it didn't count as an official race? Or did it get lost in translation, or what?
Date: November 20, 2010 01:08AM
Posted by: chet
Nice job Neil... doing any others? Kind of suits the shape really well!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 20, 2010 01:22AM
Oh and I had I race that I won but it doesn't show up in my stats. Can it be because it didn't count as an official race? Or did it get lost in translation, or what?

Some races aren't showing up in the results because the results server was dead. They should be counting as stats though, just not showing up in results.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 20, 2010 01:45AM
After the race I was able to check the results but it hasn't showed up in my stats.
Date: November 20, 2010 01:46AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I see some interesting bending damage, flashes of F1C 99-02 ;).
Date: November 24, 2010 09:40PM
From todays Grand-Am race. Homestead Miami.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 26, 2010 08:39AM
rofl you got rear ended by a mustang? haha

Date: November 26, 2010 09:38AM
Yeah. He stayed right in turn 1, looked like he deliberately missed the apex to signal to me to pass into turn 2. You have to be pretty committed in turn 1 if you're doing it properly, and braking for turn 2 starts on the apex of 1. So when he went wide I took that as a signal of him backing off to let me through in braking for 2. So i let off early, kept left and went passed him. I felt a smack on the left rear and 0x flashed up. I assumed I'd drifted over his nose or something. I checked the replay afterwards and he'd actually had a massive moment when he went wide to let me through. Lost the rear end, collected it up and came across and clipped my left rear. You can see the damage in the 3rd pic.

The 2nd pic is an accidental pass, putting the car a lap down. The guy braked for turn 1 (which is flat, until the apex), and then braked even more for turn 2. I had a decent gap to him, and being a Prototype I didn't expect to catch him for another few corners. I about sh*t myself when i suddenly closed over a second in just 1 corner, and hard to dart left with my wheels locked to avoid him. Luckily he seen me coming and moved wide to let me through.

It was a 29 car grid, split is at 30. So it was a massive wide range of speed, even in a single class. It was quite scary lapping some really slow Prototypes whilst they were mixed with Mustangs.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 29, 2010 10:59PM
Watching Panky race at Lowes.

Letting the accident happen in front of him

Chasing a Ford

Cool shot of the leader

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 03, 2010 04:41PM
It was funny how that white Spec Racer in the first pic went straight into the tyrewall :P
Date: December 03, 2010 08:34PM
Greger Huttu drives some real racing cars. He is as awesome as we'd hoped.

[www.iracing.com]

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 22, 2010 11:16PM
Spa and Street Stock is out :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy