iRacing

Posted by NeilPearson 
Re: iRacing
Date: September 18, 2010 09:43AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
not to mention they have silverstone and indianapolis to.

Date: September 29, 2010 01:13AM
Posted by: LS.
Omg I just saw the iracing trailer for the Williams F1 car racing other F1 cars

Looks incredible!!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 29, 2010 09:07AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Williams F1 car racing other F1 cars

They are all Williams. The Williams license doesn't allow any liveries except for plain, and the racing livery which they defined to be selected. Oddly the Williams livery that Williams insist they use is actually wrong and not the race livery anyway...so yeah.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 29, 2010 08:57AM
No free trials/demos anymore, since the Radical closed the free trial.

Best deal for for F1 fans is this: [www.iracing.com]
For someone strarting from scratch, not wanting the F1 car yet, this is the best deal: [www.iracing.com]

Mazda MX-5 is now part of the stock/free content, which is awesome.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 06, 2010 10:12AM

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 06, 2010 07:02PM
Posted by: Slash
easy as abc, well done (Y)
Date: November 06, 2010 07:34PM
Posted by: Morbid
Just because Dave makes it look easy doesn't mean that it is easy ;-)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 06, 2010 09:23PM
Posted by: Slash
Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just because Dave makes it look easy doesn't mean
> that it is easy ;-)

that's exactly what i meant..... it's a virtue to make hard things look easy, not many can do it..., it applies on everything.. i often get impressed with guitarrist and hoe easy they make it look
Date: November 07, 2010 03:28PM
As much as I'd love to blow my own horn and say "Yeah, I'm THAT awesome", there is a fair amount of luck involved. I caught cars at just the right time. The only dodgy one was on the run up the esses. Both cars have to be completely committed up there, so you are never really sure if the other car has spotted you yet. When he stayed right I figured he had seen me and stayed left. When I clipped the kerb I had a bit of a moment and almost went into the back of him.

I seen a few complaints during the race about mixed class accidents, but didn't see any. Only a handful of cars didn't finish, so i couldn't have been too bad. This is the first time iRacing has ran a mixed class series, so it should be expected that people are still adapting to it.

A few people commented on the understeer in the video. You run an almost full stint, 29 laps if you were on the lead lap. The car develops horrible oversteer at the end of the stints, so a little understeer is dialed into setup from the off. Daytona Prototypes have very little downforce, so that just adds to the fun.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 07, 2010 07:37PM
Posted by: Morbid
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I seen a few complaints during the race about
> mixed class accidents, but didn't see any. Only a
> handful of cars didn't finish, so i couldn't have
> been too bad. This is the first time iRacing has
> ran a mixed class series, so it should be expected
> that people are still adapting to it.

I have heard you pine and wish for this for years. This must have been a wet dream come true for you.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 07, 2010 08:21PM
I had to change the bed sheets after hearing it, I was that excited.

In all seriousness, it's sort of a mini version of what I want. Ideally I'd have LMP and GT cars on track together. Daytona Prototypes are quite dull cars to drive really, and you've seen the LMPs in action, you know just how awesome they are. So this is a start, but it isn't quite there yet.

Also needs night racing and driver swaps! rFactors driver swaps never worked correctly, and NR2003s were a work around. But rFactor (and other ISI engines) have a wonderful lighting system for proper transitions, and iRacing is miles behind in that regard. When we get to the point of real day/night transitions, driver swaps, LMPs and GT cars on the grid together, then I will really have to change the bed sheets.

They've already got most of the good LMP circuits (Sebring, Road Atlanta, Road America, Mosport, Laguna Seca, Silverstone), but no Le Mans yet. That needs rectified.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 09, 2010 09:23AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Date: November 12, 2010 11:44AM
Posted by: pankykapus
I ignored it and ignored it and ignored it... until now, I've just purchased the 2 for 1 month package... Can't wait to get home and start it up!

After not playing sim games for almost a year I realized I still need this, and as I get bored playing with rF, GTL, GTR2 offline and getting so effing frustrated online, I thought still this is the only way to spend some time with quality-racing. I hope it pays out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 12:08PM by pankykapus.
Date: November 12, 2010 02:55PM
Posted by: gav
Just make sure you don't give up if you have a few poor races. The standard of the lowest races are obviously the worst (though oof course far better than most non-league races in other sims), but as you climb the ladder the driving standard increases massively.
Date: November 12, 2010 05:35PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Well Panky, I am sure you'll be up to your old speed in a week or so, you should be able to do well and progress just fine ;-)
Date: November 12, 2010 05:56PM
Yeah I know, I'm not expecting any wanders, only some decent racing at first. :)

Before setting up GTR a week ago or so I thought I'd be useless, but it's coming back pretty quickly tbh. I'm downloading the updates now woo I'm so excited :D
Date: November 12, 2010 07:39PM
Posted by: msater
Awesome livery Neil!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: November 12, 2010 11:26PM

My god I hate Daytona Road Course. It was bad enough in GTP, where it was still crap, but much more drivable because of the smooth surface. With the bumps in iRacing, turn 1 is a disaster under braking, and all 3 of the hairpins have awkward lines.

Race was 80 minutes. I started last after missing qualifying, finished 3rd. I'll run another race on Sunday evening and that'll be it for Daytona. Road America next week should be more fun.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 11:27PM by DaveEllis.
Date: November 12, 2010 11:35PM
Nice pics!

I had my first race with the Mazda Mx5 at Laguna Seca, starting 6th finished 2nd.
It was not the best race I ever had but I had the thrill again, so I think it'll do for me :P
Date: November 12, 2010 11:46PM
Looking at the results, you only 4 minor incidents in your first race. That is better than most will do in the first race, and better than some will do ever. :p

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy