iRacing

Posted by NeilPearson 
Re: iRacing
Date: May 27, 2010 10:45AM
Posted by: SexySam182
So, post exams next week, I'm thinking of trying iRacing for the first time. I just wondered if anyone here had any free trial codes? Thanks.

Date: May 29, 2010 12:56AM
Posted by: sasjag
there are no free trials, only discounts on subs

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 31, 2010 07:22AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
So I have just gotten the game for one month and I have to say it's pretty good specially the competition, very few wreckers racing. Still stuck with the Solstice and the Legends, but soon within reach of the spec racer, so gonna keep practicing.
Date: June 10, 2010 01:39PM
So, I've been racing for a few days now, just completed my third race, got taken out on the first lap, which was rather annoying, especially as when looking at the results, I could have had the pace to win.

My best lap so far is 1.52.7 in the Solstice around Laguna Seca, however the game didnt seem to record this, or a few of my other fastest laps, as it carried on showing my best at 1.54.5, anyone know why this could be?

Overall, really enjoying the competition though, and getting rather addicted.

Date: June 10, 2010 01:43PM
Posted by: gav
You probably raced in the Advanced Solstice and are looking at the Rookie Solstice (or visa versa).
Date: June 11, 2010 04:56PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Adv Solstice doesn't have a series anymore. It'll be Rookie Solstice.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 12, 2010 12:50PM
Yeah I realised that qualifying laps have to be completely clean to count, and most of those laps i was getting called for putting a couple of wheels on the gravel on the inside of the corkscrew. Finished 3rd in a couple of races now, which I'm quite pleased about and now steadily building my saftey rating.

Date: June 16, 2010 12:12AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
ah i got a beta code for this. looks good.

Date: June 23, 2010 12:31PM
So I'm back from uni and trying to connect to a session. But when I try and join, the sim tries to connect and fails, and I get a message saying I was unable to connect. I can only assume that it is the firewall on our router that is the problem, so what ports does anyone know what ports I need to open for iRacing?

Date: June 23, 2010 12:38PM
Software Firewalls:

[www.answers-script.com]

Other than that, there is nothing else to be configured.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 23, 2010 12:47PM
Yeah I made those exceptions when I installed it back at uni. I'm still using the same computer, just connected to a different router and network.

My connection tot he internet is fine. Just something seems to be blocking me from connecting to the iRacing server. Are there any other reasons why this could be?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2010 12:59PM by SexySam182.
Date: July 08, 2010 06:13AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ah i got a beta code for this. looks good.

interesting.

anyway Spa got announced the other day! w00t

Also, the DWC which is only open to The top 50 drivers from the pro series rolls around to indiapolis next wednsday (ovals) i am eligible as a Pro driver, but only if not enough DWC drivers rock up. So im going to attempt it i know i have the pace for it, a few weeks back i won 6 races out of the 6 i started at indy, and since then i have made my setup even better. DaveEllis has painted this beast for me, since one needs all sponsors to be approved for the broadcast

Date: July 14, 2010 12:43PM
Posted by: chet
Thats awesome! Taking after Ambrose and being the second Aus in nascar :p?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 15, 2010 06:28AM
Posted by: smorr
zomg. Dave, you are the man. RATM FTW.

Good luck Neil, after chasing you in the skip, I can attest that you are one speedy guy.

I'm contemplating what I should run next season. Seeing how no one drives the V8 when Im around, thats out. I've driven the Mazda to death, and the Vette has way to long races. I hate going slow, but iRacing makes me drive slow crap. Is the Mustang really that good? Maybe that is the one for me.

And I love painting here. Seeing how Neil's bragging bout a slick ride, I will too. This one is still availible (As in someone please claim it - I sure as heck wont be touching the NW car for a while). Seems people like it, but dont wanna drive a Xerox car. ;)

The Flanker is gone. :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 07:17AM by smorr.
Date: July 15, 2010 08:17AM
Neil didn't make it into the DWC race. :( He posted a hell of a lap, and almost made it, but the standards are so high that it'd take an alien to really qualify for those.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 16, 2010 03:49AM
I messed up my qual run, even if i had of Hit my Pb's i would have just missed out. there were two pro guys who got in, and the slowest of the two was a 51.161 (and he qualified 13th!), my PB was a 51.183...

I watched the broadcast and wow it was horrid. first 40 laps were all caution laps pretty much then a 34 lap run then a 1 lap dash (which ended up with a crash going into t1). for a top series, they drive like morons.

Texas coming up next in the DWC... might try, but indy in the pro series will be sweet.

Date: July 25, 2010 12:58AM
Posted by: mika19b
Does anyone here struggle like hell with the V8?

I have just purchased a month of iRacing after having a break from it and decided to grab the V8. How ever it seems to oversteer like mad - I can hardly drive it around tracks such as Silverstone or Brands Hatch! Im half decent at Watkins Glen but I just cant seem to find a decent setup for it? :/
Date: July 26, 2010 11:19AM
lower the watts linkage that will help. also stop sucking :p

its a sensitive car, have to be patient with it cant just mash the throttle. need to feed it on

Date: September 14, 2010 04:41PM
Just had an excellent race at Watkins Glen in the Skippy. I was the slowest of the top 3, but was leading due to both making mistakes and was defending well, forcing both drivers to take the outside through Turn 1 and the Carousel when they tried to pass. Then on lap 11 we were 3 wide along the back straight, myself on the inside and we all touched entering the turn, but managed to rejoin and continued within about 2 seconds of each other til the last lap when I clipped the barrier and had to nurse my car home with a damaged suspension. Great race.

Also Neil, how did you get your sig pic? Not that my stats are anything to show off about.

Date: September 17, 2010 05:45PM
Posted by: tokiorocha
Suzuka has just been announced together with Motegi, Tsukuba and Okayama to be part of the sim next year.

For me it's fantastic news as Suzuka is one of my favorite tracks.

I guess with the FW31, Spa and Suzuka iRacing is becoming more and more appealing to F1 fans.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy