Grand Prix 2 and Windows XP

Posted by [FIN]Räkä 
Grand Prix 2 and Windows XP
Date: July 06, 2007 12:02PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
I installed GP2. The setup can't recognize my sound card (Realtek AC97) and when I try to start the game, it says "CD drive/MSCDEX not detected". So how would I get it running?
Re: Grand Prix 2 and Windows XP
Date: July 06, 2007 02:35PM
Posted by: shlund
I think the solution can be found at www.grandprix2.de by Andreas Schultz. Good luck :-)
Date: July 06, 2007 08:57PM
Posted by: AAS
[www.gprix2.com] or
[grandprix2.de]

or with DOSBox:

[hfgp2.hf.funpic.de]
(works with really fast PC's)

I had a AC97 before, worked perfectly with the VDMSound solution.

Andreas Schulz (without the t) ;)
grandprix2.de
Date: July 06, 2007 10:41PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Thanks. I followed that guide but the setup program does not recognize any soundcard even if I am running it using VDMSound. :( I have tried also with DosBox but GP2 crashes at the startup screen if I have soundcard emulation enabled.

Without sound it is playable but the graphics are crap even with all the settings enabled from options. I like graphics like this: [www.grandprix2.de]. Is it just the original graphics aren't so good?

Of course I could disable my integrated soundcard, install my old Soundblaster 128 and use Windows 98 bootdisks to get into DOS but it can't read from NTFS partitions. I know GP3 is easier to get working under XP but I just want to try also this classic. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2007 10:50PM by [FIN]Räkä.
Date: July 20, 2007 09:23PM
Posted by: mwb
I installed GP2 again a few months back. I remember the graphics looking pretty decent back in the day but it really hasn't aged well! The graphics were shocking even when I had everything turned up fully.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy