rFactor Helmets

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
rFactor Helmets
Date: June 22, 2007 03:04PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Ok so I've managed to put my old P4 helmet into rFactor but it obviously only works with that one mod that uses the helmet template i've used.

so my question is, can you not just paint one helmet on one helmet template that can be used for all helmets in all mods? rather than re-painting the same helmet 100 times on 100 different templates...

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Re: rFactor Helmets
Date: June 22, 2007 05:15PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Well, no. Thats impossible on so many levels lol.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 22, 2007 09:43PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Paul, different mods will usually use a different helmet shape which will most likely mean different mapping :P

Try painting on default ISI one and placing the file on each mod that uses it, like F BMW, McLaren, OWC06 and so on
Date: June 24, 2007 03:26PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Yes, although i don't like the default Helmet shape in r-factor, this business of every mod group devising their own helmet style is very annoying...meh...but in the end, as long as the mod is great a little extra work never killed anyone....

Date: June 24, 2007 10:32PM
If only ISI were to release something that resembled a helmet, not an alien head
Date: June 24, 2007 11:59PM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
great comparation ;)

but yeah, its anoying its all different helmet shapes

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Date: June 25, 2007 04:25AM
I'm fine with it if it reflects accurately a mod, but sharing helmet shapes across mods would be nice. I want that Arai one from Cart 98
Date: May 03, 2008 07:48PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Hi there,
I have downloaded a few helmets to try and bring the MMG 07 mod to 2008.
The filenames of the helmets are like this ''F1RFT_02Extra0.dds''
I realise that these are incompatible with mmg so probably wont work.
So I would like to swap the drivers helmets round to match the new cars I have successfully put in, eg Fisi at Force india. I can't find where the drivers helmets are kept for this mod (not in helmets). The car skin files also had the same type of name like
'Spyker_20extra0.dds'
So my question basically is, what are helmet files called, as it seems some extra0.dds files are helmets, and some are needed for cars.
Also, how does one change the team/driver names in the game? just in the talent and car veh files?
Any help would be appreciated
Salvatore :)
Date: May 05, 2008 05:38AM
depends on the mod, some may have helmets as their own separate file in the mod's folder in Gamedata\Vehicles\mod\ , and some may have helmets mapped with other textures. You need to get the DDS plugin from ISI and open the file on photoshop. I don't know what way you should save it, might be dtx 3 or something like it.
Date: May 05, 2008 03:52PM
Thanks for your reply mate , I will give the dds plugin a try :)
Date: May 06, 2008 12:08AM
Okay I downloaded a dds viewer and swapped the drivers around.
The helmet files were extra 2 and extra 3.dds in the vehicle folder for the mmg mod 2007
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy