LFS S2 question

Posted by anze89 
LFS S2 question
Date: May 30, 2006 03:34PM
Posted by: anze89
is there any good site with car setups for LFS S2 demo track and cars? On the carcross reversed (with the small car) I can only do laps in high 1:16, but some people are doing laps under 1:12. Are they cheating or is there are shortcut or do they have really good car setups?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2006 04:00PM by anze89.
Re: LFS S2 question
Date: May 30, 2006 04:47PM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
Best site for setups:
[setupfield.teaminferno.hu]
Date: May 30, 2006 07:15PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I always get the my setups on the above website, and they usually get me quite competitive with the better drivers.

Its rare for me to be the quickest person on a server with them, but thats probably the driver and not the setups.

Date: May 30, 2006 11:29PM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
Should be warned that those sets are usually only good for a few laps before your tyres overheat. Its not an issue with the slower cars but anything with slicks will probably suffer.
Date: May 30, 2006 11:47PM
Posted by: markko
Asking in multiplayer for setups is a nice way to build a setup collection for yourself. I'm not sure on the limitations of the demo, didn't have it long before I bought it!
Date: May 31, 2006 05:16AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
anze89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is there any good site with car setups for LFS S2
> demo track and cars? On the carcross reversed
> (with the small car) I can only do laps in high
> 1:16, but some people are doing laps under 1:12.
> Are they cheating or is there are shortcut or do
> they have really good car setups?
>

setups in LFS are everything, i cant remember off the top of my head a good setup place, but you can goto the www.lfsforums.net and search tehre for links and what not.

also when racing people online ask them for there setups, 95% of people on LFS are kind enough to share there setups.

Date: May 31, 2006 03:31PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
NeilPearson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> setups in LFS are everything, i cant remember off
> the top of my head a good setup place, but you can
> goto the www.lfsforums.net and search tehre for
> links and what not.
>
> also when racing people online ask them for there
> setups, 95% of people on LFS are kind enough to
> share there setups.

Yeh ask for setups. I decided randomly to boot up LFS and join a pickup race online with the BF1 @ Blackwood. Was 4 secs off the pace :P asked for a setup and started doing 58secs consistently. sometimes randomly smacking in a low or mid 57.
Date: May 31, 2006 04:36PM
I think I have a good setup for normal Blackwood (is that the right name) race. I can do low 1:37 with it. I saw people going high 1:35. How fast can you go on this track (with the small car)?

Date: May 31, 2006 08:01PM
Posted by: keiran
[www.lfsworld.net] < find out for yourself ;-)

With the XF-GTI around Blackwood the WR is 1:33.120. A competitive race pace would be low 34s to high 33s. My PB is a 1:33.20 but thats probaly with the old physics, can't remember using GTIs since the patch.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2006 08:03PM by keiran.
Date: May 31, 2006 09:50PM
Posted by: markko
Downloading and watching WR's helps, but mainly practice practice practice! :)
Date: June 01, 2006 02:03AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
LFS boggles me, In Nr2003, i can keep up with 90% of the faster guys if i do some decent practice... LFS i have no chance, I had a league race a few months back, and i made it into division A on hotlapping, but in the race i was pretty slow, it drives me insane.

Date: June 01, 2006 12:58PM
Posted by: keiran
Neil = n00b ;)

Depending on setup and the car I find the tyres can go away from you if your running hot lapping tyre pressures. That seems to be more of a factor now with the new patch, before you could get off with adding a little bit more pressure but now you need to add quite a bit more or the tyres will usually die :p

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: June 07, 2006 02:30PM
Thanks for the link JustinZiarko! I downloaded a setup from there and I modified it a litle and now I'm doing low 1:35

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2006 02:33PM by anze89.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy