RFactor Mods/Updates/Fixes/Links/News

Posted by keiran 
Re: RFactor Mods/Updates/Fixes/Links/News
Date: June 07, 2007 02:08PM
Posted by: chet
EDIT: Plus I have another question: When I am in a test session or races with other AI cars, why the hell they are +4s faster than my car controlled by an AI? (I just press race, then I - it makes AI take over my car and drive it)

Does it not depend on how much you have driven the track or ? It is probably your setup... When the AI takes over from me, it is usually on the pace of the other drivers or on the pace of me, depending on track and mod, for example with the CTDP 2005 Mod, I am much quicker at stringing together one lap, but the AI is alot more consistant that me... But with the FIA GT I struggle to get good first flying lap, but iam much more better during the race.

And about the AI starting the race, it could be because the AI finished the last session ;-) Or it was a rolling start or something.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 07, 2007 02:22PM
Posted by: Morbid
If all cars you drive are +4 seconds slower than the AI cars, when your car is under AI control, it is definately your setup that is the problem. Actually making a setup that the AI is fast with is a good way to make a "general" benchmark. All cars have driver, and their skills are defined in "talent" files, and they are usually pretty close. If it is only the same car that is a problem, then it is the AI driver assigned to this car, that is exceptionally poor.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 07, 2007 05:17PM
Posted by: Senna
Actually, I wouldnt blame my setup. I've set the AI cars to use my setup, but only one car - the one I chose for me - is 4s slower when I call AI to take control of my car.

And, when I am driving with my setups, I am faster than them. So the problems doesnt rely on setups.

Example:

Test Session, Nurburgring European Grand Prix, AI Strenght 120%, Aggression 100%
F1Career-Sim.com F12007 mod, based in CTDP mod. Cars: Aguri Honda and ING Renault
AI Aguri Honda: 1m27sXXX
AI ING Renault: 1m26sXXX
My Aguri Honda driven by AI: 1m33sXXX ?

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: June 07, 2007 06:57PM
> And, when I am driving with my setups, I am faster
> than them. So the problems doesnt rely on setups.

Why don't you test your thoughts before you conclude?

If you think about it, this doesn't have to be true at all. Just because you can drive that setup, doesn't mean the AI can.

Have you tried loading the default setup and letting the AI control your car with that. If it is still that slow, it is the talent file, if not, it is your setup.

Date: June 07, 2007 07:18PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Morbid, I think he had the AI load the setup too.

And how do I set it so the AI will use my setup? I don't want them topping at 289km/h on the "F1"s.
Date: June 08, 2007 01:41AM
Well... since the latest rF release we dont have talent files anymore, i thought everyone knew it...

Date: June 08, 2007 07:42AM
If you do a clean install of 1250, and go into your gamedata folder, there still is a talent folder and it is quite populated. Furthermore, the changelog mentions this:

Artificial Intelligence:

· Significant improvements in oval racing.

· RCD file updates.

RCD files ARE the talent files...

Finally TPSCC installs a talent file folder for itself, and if ANY mod was made in cooperation with ISI up to and for the 1250 update, it certainly is this one.

You might be right that talent files are no longer supported, but it seems highly unlikely.

The setup problem might still be an issue. If you installed your setup wrong for the AI, the grid will be running the default setup, and if you don't load your setup for your car, before you pass it over to the AI, it will run whatever was loaded as a setup at that point in time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2007 07:46AM by Morbid.
Date: June 08, 2007 09:34AM
Bruno found me a nice link explaining AI setups, I think that should work for me :)
Date: June 08, 2007 01:19PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Talent Files do work. In all modes. Effects are most seen when the session is skipped/advanced quickly
I need to do talent files for the CART 98 Mod. And heres information posted by an rF Dev on the rF forum in RSC. Cant remember the thread

=======================================================================

Ok here's the current situation with RCD files:

Aggression 0 - 100 (%)
As this number increases the AI will give other cars less room, both while passing and while following. It also increases the frequency at which they try to pass and the increases the threshold they are willing to endure before giving up a pass (or crashing, as the case may be...)
The aggression slider in the UI also affects this directly. RCD Aggression * UI Aggression = final....and should always be between 0-100%.

Recovery:
All but worthless or no longer used.

Composure:
The lower the number, the higher the frequency of "intentional" mistakes. (if AI Mistakes is > 0 in the playerfile) If AI Mistakes in the playerfile is set to 0.0, then the AI drivers never make mistakes. *cough* Well, mistakes that I planned. "intentional" mistakes are things like, taking a turn too wide, or missing a breaking point.
Increasing composure also decreases the time between bad driving zones. (also affected by the playerfile variable AI Limiter, see MinRacingSkill below)

Speed: 0-100
How close to "optimal" this driver drives a track. This number directly interacts with a variable in the AIW file called "AIRange" AIRange tells us how wide the gap, from 0-100% (expressed as 0.0 to 1.0 in the AIW) The default is 0.1 meaning that the full range of Speed RCD values from 0 to 100, are directly mapped to the top 10% of the max speed = 90-100% For example a driver with 100% speed will drive at (0.9 + 0.1 * 100%) = (0.9 + 0.1 * 1.0) = 100% of what he thinks the track can handle, while a driver with speed = 0 will drive at (0.9 + 0.1 * 0%) = (0.9 + 0.1 * 0) = 90% what he thinks the track can handle. There is a random fluctuation in this value, but it's much less than in previous version where the random fluctuation was so great that it made the original value meaningless.

Crash: 0 - 100 %
CompletedLaps: 0 - 100%
Only used in auto completing laps (skipping practice/qualifying)

MinRacingSkill=0 - 100%
When the AI Limiter variable(from the playerfile) value is > 0.0, the AI drivers go through cycles of optimal driving and sub-optimal driving where their driving skill falls to MinRacingSkill * Speed. (Set the AI Limiter variable to 0.0, and the AIs will always drive to the best of their ability...every lap) So for example if you have a driver with Speed = 50, a AIRange in the AIWfile = 0.2), and MinRacingSkill = 90 This AI guy will usually drive around at (0.8 + 0.2 * 0.5) = 90% speed (really very very slow....but this is just an example), but will sometimes dip as low as (this speed * MinRacingSkill = (0.9* 0.9) = 81% while having a bad lap.....that is extremely low, but this is just an example with easy numbers.

Hope that helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2007 01:20PM by Mini Maestro.
Date: June 08, 2007 04:51PM
OK, I'll just give an explanation of what I've done here trying to make it work properly, so that someone can see what I am doing wrong:

First, I've changed the 2 lines in my PLR file that are related to "Fixed Setups" and "Fixed AI Setups" to value "1'. So it means that when I have a setup, and I've assigned it to be my favorite setup, AI is supposed to look for it and use it. I havent checked if the other AI cars are using it, but I think that they are, but it isnt what is annoying me atm.

AI is also supposed to use my setup when I have one loaded, and also when I tell them to drive my car. And AI does use my setup when it takes control of my car, because I can see the difference in the laptimes and top speed when I change something in my setup. However, the AI in my car is +4 seconds slower. While I am +4 seconds faster with the same car and setup. And this is what is annoying me. Because I am faster, but inconsistent, so I wanted to use AI in my offline tests to save time testing and checking things like race pace, tyre wear, fuel usage. :(

Date: June 08, 2007 05:48PM
Posted by: chet
I used to that, but now since the latest patch, you can-not see the tyre temperatures or other car infomation of any AI car, inc your car, then when you go back to the player control even if its halfway through a stint the tyre wear and temperature go back to default, like when exiting the garage, well i know the temperature does.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 08, 2007 07:49PM
You can eliminate the "talent" file theory. If you change to a completely different player controlled car, and it is still does the same, all other steps in the process being equal, it is NOT the talent file.

Senna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First, I've changed the 2 lines in my PLR file
> that are related to "Fixed Setups" and "Fixed AI
> Setups" to value "1'.

I can see why this logically should do what you want it to, but I just don't think it works like that. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you out. Mind you it is from RSC, so you might need to have some patience before it loads

[forum.rscnet.org]

I think these two ideas should sort you out, or at least send you in the right direction.

Date: June 08, 2007 08:23PM
Bruno, it seems that you made your car load the default setups
Date: June 10, 2007 12:59PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
random questing - does the safety car ever come out when racing online? cause me i have some amazing crashes with ppl sometimes but i've never seen the sc come out

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: June 12, 2007 07:31AM
The server will either have Full course yellows enabled or disabled. So it depends on the server rules, whether or not you will see a safety car.

Date: June 13, 2007 09:45PM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
do mods work with rFactor 1250 even though they were designed for the previous version?
Date: June 13, 2007 10:27PM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
also, I can't access the chat window to put the cheat in to write ISI_BABYFACTORY to unlock all the 2005 cars.
Can anyone help me bearing in mind I'm a total n00b to this game atm.

edit: problem solved..just need to know about the latest patch i.e does it work with every mod?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2007 12:54PM by Gené and Tonic.
Date: June 16, 2007 09:35AM
The question is, does every mod work with the patch, since it is the obligation of the modder to get the mod to be compliable with the patch. The answer is: NO. Some mods do not work well with the latest patch, but most do. Look at the comment section on rfactorcentral.com for that particular mod, and you should get the info you need. People usually bitch loudly about any problem they might have ;-)

Date: June 16, 2007 09:51AM
Posted by: mschumi
Yeah, people bitch loudly alot hehe, but that's a good thing, because the modders are forced to respond hehe :P

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: June 16, 2007 03:28PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
The Greatest Track i have ever seen modelled is now released in its 1972 - 1986 Form
Thank you VLM

[www.rfactorcentral.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy