RFactor Mods/Updates/Fixes/Links/News

Posted by keiran 
Re: RFactor Mods/Updates/Fixes/Links/News
Date: September 04, 2008 07:39PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I dont see where theres a problem, it wasnt a high-speed link there were problems for many people. Thats that isnt it?

"Many" is a relative term. Thousands managed to download the mod without a problem, and a handful didn't. This does not make link broken. It makes these people unlucky. It was a high speed download link for almost everybody - it certainly maxed my connection. Honda make reliable cars. But a handful of people have reported problems with the handbrake. This does not make Honda cars unreliable. It makes these people unlucky. Common sense.

Dont assume things about me please.

After you called the people involved complete twats, its hard to imagine you having any other sort of reaction had they taken the route you suggested. In fact had they taken the route you suggested then you'd have had to wait even longer for the mod.

I am all for people getting things earlier, perhaps those cockpit bugs would have been fixed. People who pay or something have a right to get earlier release.

The mod was finished as far as the US Pits were concerned. Releasing it to anybody early would not have changed the mod at all. As part of the secondary beta team, I know this.

I understand about the revenue, but then how have they justified calling it a pre-release when practically the whole rf community will now have this before its 'official' release.

So your issue has suddenly turned into what they called the release? They called it a pre-release, rather than a release? Seriously?

So from that can I say there is no problem with the whole rf community registering and downloading then @#$%& off??

No, there is no problem. If even 1 member sticks about for R2P, then they have gained another racer. Chances are, after they setup the special events and leagues for NAGT (being the first to do so, for obvious reasons), they gained quite a few members. In fact I can name 4 I personally know who hadn't used R2P before, who are now proper racing members.

Secondly, you don't seem to understand the basics of advertisment. Members registering then leaving still gets the name around community. People now know of the site when they didn't before. Therefore, even if all the members who registered left (which they didn't - fact), they have still achieved the goal of adding traffic and advertising the site.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 04, 2008 08:09PM
Posted by: Morbid
My god, Chet... I hope you never get a girlfriend, a wife, or *shudders* kids... they will test your patience infinitely more than this situation, that you clearly can't handle, ever could.

Why are you being such a bitch? Has it even dawned on you, that you are getting SOMETHING for NOTHING? And yet you are seething, and full to the brim with an extremely conceited sense of entitlement... Wake up! If anything, YOU owe THEM, and they are the people that should be bitchin' about you and your behavior!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 04, 2008 08:57PM
Posted by: chet
After you called the people involved complete twats, its hard to imagine you having any other sort of reaction had they taken the route you suggested. In fact had they taken the route you suggested then you'd have had to wait even longer for the mod.

If they had released it to limited people initially I would not have been bothered at all. My reaction was due to the number of failed download attempts for no apparent reason then finally once working there being errors in the file. My reaction was frustration, nothing else. Besides if you take what people say om here as a judge of character or as assumptions about them god knows what people think about you on here ;-)! Thankfully most of us can look beyond what we type ;-). Like I said before, do not assume things about me and do not tell me how I would react in a given situation.

Morbid -

Patience is not the issue, it was that after being patient I find what I had recieved was not working.

I would be perfectly happy to pay for a product worth paying for like many mods for rfactor. I would gladly pay 20 odd £ for CTDP, the V8's, Epsilon and possibly the champcar mod ( it may not be realistic but I have had alot of fun and enjoy it ). In fact if they asked money for this mod, then I would have had no problem at all, I probably would have paid before I played it.

I didn't expect anyone to reply. I had hoped no-one would. There are clearly differences and maybe some interpretation problems im not sure, maybe you not are fully understanding me or me not fully understanding you, why we continue to discuss this is beyond me.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 04, 2008 09:06PM
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why we continue to discuss this is beyond me.

Let me tell you a little secret... the trick is simple. You simply stop posting ;-)

Date: September 05, 2008 12:39AM
Posted by: chet
It's not much of a secret anymore.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 05, 2008 01:49AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Morbid, you could have done better to just stay out. I see both sides' arguments and unfortunately both sides seem to be overlooking what the other truly means, just let it die.
Date: September 05, 2008 02:18AM
Shut up Gui.

Date: September 05, 2008 02:25AM
Posted by: sasjag
Practice what you preach Gui.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 05, 2008 02:26AM
Posted by: mortal
Post report ignored. Butt out. Nothing to do with you.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 05, 2008 03:30AM
sasjag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Practice what you preach Gui.

I didn't come in calling anyone anything, made a valid point and Mr. Nouveau @#$%& Morbid comes with a very short, ignorant, and useless remark towards me. I guess I should leave the old gang alone, eh? Big laugh at Mortal, haha.
Date: September 05, 2008 04:07AM
Posted by: T Weiss
Chet, I can tell you this:

What may have appeared to you as "just one link" was in reality a link to a load-balancing function that directed the request to any one of five dedicated servers doing nothing but handling NAGT downloads all day. This network churned out more than 3500 downloads (over 1TB of data) the first 24 hours without a single crash. It was monitored throughout the day, including during what are known to be the peaks, and averaged a pretty solid 500-600K transfer rate from server to client. The system performed exceptionally well.

If you made four attempts to download the mod you very well could've gotten four different servers, and if all downloads failed you might possibly consider looking beyond Race2Play to another common denominator for the cause.

Race2Play charged nothing for the effort, made nothing on the deal and turned away no one. All we asked was that people sign up a free account to download (just like I had to sign up one here to post) ... Who knows, maybe they'd join one of the NAGT events we had running throughout the day ... Heck, maybe even discover they actually liked it. Anything's possible.

Todd Weiss
Race2Play cofounder
Date: September 05, 2008 12:52PM
Thanks for the informative post, that put a lid on that story. Welcome to the forums. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 14, 2008 03:37AM
Posted by: Sean
What would be the best choice rFactor mod for the F1 2008 season? I have a powerful PC so I wouldn't mind some nice graphics etc. like I've seen in the screenshot thread. :P

If not 2008, what about 05/06 when Kimi raced for McLaren? :D

Was going to make a topic for this, but decided to just ask in here.
Date: September 14, 2008 03:57AM
Check out rFactor central, you'll be sure to find something there.

Date: September 14, 2008 04:23AM
Posted by: Sean
Thanks, I'll go have a look. It just seems like too much hassle to set up at GP4 mod myself (seeing as there is no compilation mod yet) so I'll give rFactor a shot.
Date: September 15, 2008 01:27AM
Posted by: Bruninho
My team in F1Career-Sim.com is looking for a test driver. If you are experienced, like F1s and want to give it a go. You can check it here:
[myp90x.net]

I just couldnt find anyone to fill the seat and I wanted to publish it at places where I thought that I could find interested people.

Hope its Ok...

Date: October 03, 2008 03:20PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Anyone know if there's a utility or patch to improve the AI in rFactor?
Date: October 09, 2008 10:48PM
No, all you can do is set the AI to use the same setup as you do. Also, go to Testing and go track by track, series by series, 1 A.I. car in the track at each time (remove any kind of car failures, tire wear), and then you use accelerated time until you see the pit monitor screen shows track accuracy line or something like that be 0.0m or as close to that as possible.

That used to be the trick to get the AI to learn each track, but you have to do it with every series and copy over the AI file to the series folder in the Vehicles folder, I believe. But easiest you can do is edit your .plr file to have your favorite setup set as default and have the AI use your setup line also checked (1).
Date: October 14, 2008 05:49AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
I have a few questions about this game.
First I have no sound in the F1 cars including the bmw that are in the original game and the ones in the mmg 2007 mod.

Also do the performance of all the cars are the same? I mean I see adrian sutil leading the race sometimes, this tells me this game is better to play online only, am I right?
Date: October 14, 2008 07:58AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
You have no sound because you torrented the game, naughty boy.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy