RFactor Mods/Updates/Fixes/Links/News

Posted by keiran 
Re: RFactor Mods/Updates/Fixes/Links/News
Date: September 02, 2008 09:18PM
Posted by: chet
Not downloaded this yet. rfc has mixed opinions on it but I guess ill see for myself. Its got some nice cars in it and the type of cars I like to drive in rf so im sure ill enjoy it :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 03, 2008 06:00PM
about 4 trys on the singal download link they provided and no luck. Except one time it worked and yet when installed i got constant errors. rFactor did load though, but with limited cars. Why that god awful menu???

I highly expected for a 3 year in the making mod with obviously alot of anticipation to at least get step 1 right. Make the download available for everbody and for it to at least work!

One think people always do for popular downloads is make them easily available.

They ahve completley failed here.

Date: September 03, 2008 06:02PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The mod is completely avalialbe to everybody. There is nothing stopping you from signing up and clicking the link on the R2P NAGT page. Same for everybody else. Many mods, including some big unreleased ones will feature on R2P before other sites.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 03, 2008 07:18PM
Posted by: IWE
I registered, downloaded it and now Im wondering what was so special in it..

Mod is pretty good. Cars looks overall really good, but texture quality is maybe not best possible. Some things looks low-res and brake lights looks somehow bad and like taken from old games. Also hanling is nice (Till now driven only Caddy and Viper, but I think im already able to make my opinion). I just dunno what was causing so much talking about this mod, exept maybe really long creating time.

I personally rate atleast CTDP 05, V8 Supercars, Epsilon and Legends Cars higher than this.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 03, 2008 07:38PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The mod is completely avalialbe to everybody.
> There is nothing stopping you from signing up and
> clicking the link on the R2P NAGT page. Same for
> everybody else. Many mods, including some big
> unreleased ones will feature on R2P before other
> sites.

Like I said in my initial post I tried to download it, and seeing as though the link they put is on r2p i registered. It started and failed for no reason 3 times, i thought my internet connection was lost and yet at the same time other downloads continued :s. Then when it finally did work it was a corrupt file.

What is the logic in 1 download link for a popular mod? It was AMAZINGLY slow, and so to have finally downloaded it I was very happy, only to find plenty of errors and im not the only one.

Im just going to have to wait till theres alot less people downloading it or someone puts another link with a file thats not corrupt.

Would you not agree that for a mod in such anticipation should have more links or at least make the link available reliable for all. Thats what I meant by available by all in my first post. Its silly. Almost everyone knew about this mod, its just as popular as CTDP and yet CTDP has 7 links. In fact I bet virtually every mod has more than 1 link! Who-ever decided only one link is a complete utter tw*t.

Date: September 03, 2008 07:51PM
It started and failed for no reason 3 times, i thought my internet connection was lost and yet at the same time other downloads continued :s. Then when it finally did work it was a corrupt file.

It didn't fail for "no reason" and it didn't "work" if it came out as a corrupt file. The download link gives 800k/sec here, and one user on VirtualR posted over 1mb/sec. Where are these other complaints about the link?

Would you not agree that for a mod in such anticipation should have more links or at least make the link available reliable for all. Thats what I meant by available by all in my first post. Its silly. Almost everyone knew about this mod, its just as popular as CTDP and yet CTDP has 7 links. In fact I bet virtually every mod has more than 1 link! Who-ever decided only one link is a complete utter tw*t.

The people who decide it are Jan Kohl (operator of the US Pits) and Tim McArthur (operator of Race2Play), who are 2 good friends of mine. They are not "complete and utter twats" I'll have you know. Race2Play and Tim McArthur have been supporting the US Pits for years, including legal advice during the infamous iRacing scandle when they made illegal demands on the US Pits. Offering the US Pits a high speed, reliable download source, a full league system, with special events, in exchange for 1 weeks exclusive hosting sounds like a bargain to me.

If you cannot download from a link that's working fine for 99% of the users, then don't blame the site. And if you can't wait a whole week for alternative links to be put up, after you had to wait 3 years for this mod, then perhaps you need to reassess things.

More mods will take up R2Ps offer of high quality hosting and a league system, and I don't expect to be called an utter twat when I do.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 03, 2008 08:26PM
Posted by: Morbid
Go to rfc and use the megaupload link posted in the comments section.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 03, 2008 08:28PM
rfc. - data integraty errors? unfortunatly not all the arhived comments are beign shown :s Only the ones on the page, there are some missing.

Tell me the logic in running one download link. I dont give two flying sh*ts what they've done in the past, fact is imo it is an extremley silly decision to run only one link for one of the most anticipated mods for rF with god knows how many people tryign to download at the same time!! The link may have been okay for you but there are reports on rfc and about from a few people of the corrupt file and slow download times. - if you manage to view the comments you'll see yourself.

utter twats was probably abit harsh, it comes from the frustration of waiting god knows of hours for a download to work, watching them all fail then when one finally does work theres something wrong! I highly respect any mod team to spend time on making somethign for the community (for free!!!!), in fact i think its amazing. I could never do it, and 3 years is something special. Though I highly expect a team as professional as r2p/uspits to get something right as this. When I download a file which for me was relativley large I expect it to work. Besides that point there is another link on the chat bit on rfc. Whether its official or not idk. Amazingly the file is of a different size too. The r2p was 270 odd Mb whilst the rfc is 240 odd Mb. Ill take my chances and go for it and hope it works!

Date: September 03, 2008 08:31PM
Posted by: Morbid
Wow... I post you a new download link, and all you want to do is continue on with the bitching... go figure :(

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 03, 2008 09:12PM
Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow... I post you a new download link, and all you
> want to do is continue on with the bitching... go
> figure :(

I didnt see your post, sorry ;)

Date: September 03, 2008 09:28PM
Tell me the logic in running one download link.

I already did tell you why there was one download link. You acknowledged you had read this by then saying I dont give two flying sh*ts what they've done in the past. So why should I bother telling you again? You're just going to continue to not care.

If that's your attitude about it, then that's fine. It just sums up this community. Insulting the people who work hard to bring you free, scratch content, and free top class league systems, just because you couldn't get a free download to work and had to wait an extra week on top of the 3 year wait.

I'll with-hold the rest of my feelings on the situation, because it'd just turn into yet another pointless GPG argument which goes no-where. But then again, when CART is released via R2P, I doubt I'd show as much restraint if someone called me an "utter twat" for this decision.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 03, 2008 10:09PM
Offering the US Pits a high speed, reliable download source

Apparently not ;-)!.

Again I cant see the advantage in running one link, nothing you've said seems to tell me otherwise.

I said I fully respect them for waht they do, and appreciate the efforts. But 3 years, and for some people, more than a few the download doesnt work.

Let's say it was you and the mod was made by people you didnt know, and the link for you did not work? after several attempts. What would you think then? You'd be pretty disapointed no?

But like I said I full respect people who bring me free entertainment but that does not mean to say I think and im sure many others would agree that the idea of the 1 link was not the best ideas. Just because I called someone a twat does not mean to say I do not respect them and am greatful for what they do ;-)!

Date: September 03, 2008 10:29PM
Apparently not ;-)!.

No matter what it is, even the most reliable thing on earth can, and will have issues. The mod has almost record downloads, and 2 or 3 people are complaining it doesn't work? To me, that still seems reliable enough.

I said I fully respect them for waht they do, and appreciate the efforts. But 3 years, and for some people, more than a few the download doesnt work.

You only said you respect them after I called you out for calling them "complete twats". You backtracked. And as I already posted - so you have to wait an extra 7 days on top of the 3 year wait for the mod? Diddums. You went on a rant insulting the people who created the mod, just because you couldn't get it as fast as you wanted to. That isn't disappointment, that's just poor.

Again I cant see the advantage in running one link, nothing you've said seems to tell me otherwise.

I've already posted it, and Jan Kohl has already posted it, and Tim McArthur has already posted it. But I'll post it again -

RACE2PLAY provided a high speed reliable download link for the US Pits. They also provided the FTP Space for beta testing, and test servers during this time. After the release of the mod, they provided a full league system, and created a customised league around the mod. To celebrate the release, they held special events for its members. In exchange for all of these costly acts (servers are not free, and they certainly aren't cheap) all they asked was 1 weeks exclusive hosting to advertise Race2Play.

That is all you will hear from me on the NAGT/R2P issue. Quite frankly, I am tired of the ungrateful community acting like spoiled children simply because they cannot get there free mods when they want it and how they want it. No wonder the rFactor community is a complete disgrace.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 04, 2008 02:04AM
RACE2PLAY provided a high speed reliable download link for the US Pitsbefore

With several people encountering slow speeds and errors how is true?!! I mentioned it before, there are more than a few who have had slow speeds. Just because you and some other did not does not mean to say the problem lies with everyone else. Fact remains whether r2p provided them a highspeed reliable link or not, people still encnouterd slow speeds and errors. FACT. I said this previous and yet it seems you refuse to listen. They said they have a high-speed link but that clearly was not the case!

I backtracked because I realized what I said was wrong, that does not mean to say I do not respect modders. How can you base that from one comment? I respect anyone who offeres their talents out for others to enjoy.

I am tired of the ungrateful community acting like spoiled children simply because they cannot get there free mods when they want it and how they want it. No wonder the rFactor community is a complete disgrace.

Oh shut up, one comment about what imo was poor organisation and im ungrateful and spoiled? You can not honestly tell me you have NEVER made suhc a comment about a mod or even something like this, ie what you thought was a bad decision. If I may, the reason I think you've been so pissy about it is because you know them, otherwise you would never had cared I said that.

I did manage to get the mod, however through the source Morbid showed me. And whilst I liked the general feel of the cars I was left slightly disapointed. Its probably just my old system but the textures were hardly up there with what id expect from the team and rather bright on the eyes. and there are still a few bugs. Nothing to scream and shout about but its not that bad but nor is it anything amazing.

Date: September 04, 2008 03:34PM
Posted by: sasjag
*wades in*

i dont know any of teh people related to the NAGT mod, but even i am shocked by your attitude. the way im looking at it is this is a Sneak-Peek release to the few who use Race2Play; general public release is not until next week. If you are a regular user of R2P then yes, you would have a case for complaining, but i have the feeling you aren't. Sadly for them people are all signing up to R2P, bombarding their servers for downloads and then never appearing again.

I agree with Dave in the fact that the rF community in general are such a bunch of ungrateful SOB's lately.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 04, 2008 05:22PM
Then surley if it were a pre-release which I guess it is, then would it not have been sensible to not mention it on rfc, perhaps the most popular rf site for mods?

That way the mod would have remained exclusive to the members and then the lack of speed and errors may not have been such a problem.

If it was never intended for such use yet, then would you not agree releasing it at rfc was a mistake? Maybe a mention to only r2p members via email or something? offering a password for download to only members of r2p. members who were there before the mod release?

How could they not expect everyone who knows about this mod to join and download? As soon as it was announced on rfc their site probably got flooded with new members.

Like I said my use of language was probably abit harsh, but that doesn't mean to say I am ungrateful and do not respect what's been done. I just really could not and still not understand that if it was not meant to be a full public release why execute the release the way they did? Had this not been on rfc I and many others would never have seen it until the actual release. Bad decision or not??

Date: September 04, 2008 05:34PM
Posted by: sasjag
*tries again*

US Pits needed webspace, hosting, servers etc. for the NAGT mod. Race2Play offered them all of this, for no charge, and in return Race2Play would get exclusive download hosting rights for a week, and offer the official NAGT league. this is a very fair deal.

Now, these servers and stuff cost R2P money, it is not free to them. Now, by advertising the fact that NAGT is available at R2P and for R2P members only, it means everyone will flock to that site. This will bring them extra ad revenue, and hopefully a small percentage will stay around and become paying members.

Now, the faggotry begins when people like you, who have sat and looked at pretty screen shots for the past 3yrs and clearly deserve to be able to play this mod irrelevant to what the needs of the modding team are/were. You all flock to R2P, sign up, download, and vanish. Until the next time a mod is released R2P only, when you'll rock up and start complaining about the fact that you cant get that mod you so richly deserve.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 04, 2008 06:35PM
I am confused here.

They are releasing this mod next week on a larger scale, correct?

The idea of the r2p release was to give those users a sneak-peak as you put it. So r2p offered apparently a high-speed server which was reliable. Both of which never occured for more than a few people. This was because of the advertising on rfc.

So they advertised the pre-release mod for only r2p members.

And yet the whole of the rf community rushed in and downloaded.

Theres slight contradiction.

We, the US pits need webspace.

Hey we here at r2p could offer you a high-speed reliable link for a small charge.

ok says the US pits. But wait to pay that small charge we need more people, so lets advertise on the biggest rfc mod site around.

I imagine virtually all of the rf community now has this mod on their hard-drives.

So was this really a pre-release as they put it?

So I ask why not just have released to the current members? They would have made money from it because those already members were apparently willing to pay anyway.

I really dont see the logic in what they did.

Sadly for them people are all signing up to R2P, bombarding their servers for downloads and then never appearing again.

Here's something too. We are not all the best of people on the internt are we? In fact who we are on this reflects nothing like what we are in real life. On this we do what we want when we want. So surley they expected people to do this. Bombard the site and leave. I said it before its impossible for them not to expect this. And thats why I suggested a more civilised release to those members who pay or have been long time members. That would have been a pre-release. This was simply a release to all.

Date: September 04, 2008 07:02PM
They are releasing this mod next week on a larger scale, correct?

No. The mod scale is not changing. More links will simply be posted.

So r2p offered apparently a high-speed server which was reliable. Both of which never occured for more than a few people.

And you claimed I ignored your posts. I already addresses this issue, but it seems to have been glossed over.

This was because of the advertising on rfc.

No.

So they advertised the pre-release mod for only r2p members.

It was download via registration. No different to any other registration site.

We, the US pits need webspace.

Hey we here at r2p could offer you a high-speed reliable link for a small charge.

ok says the US pits. But wait to pay that small charge we need more people, so lets advertise on the biggest rfc mod site around.

I already explained how it 'went down', and yet you've seemingly made up your own little story to explain it anyway.

So I ask why not just have released to the current members? They would have made money from it because those already members were apparently willing to pay anyway.

Because ISI did that and the pathetic ungrateful community ripped them apart for it. And you would have too. "Oh why should they get it earlier than us" etc.

I really dont see the logic in what they did.

How many times does that have to be explained? RELEASING THE MOD ON RACE2PLAY FOR 1 WEEK CREATES REVENUE FOR RACE2PLAY WHILST GIVING THE US PITS A FREE DOWNLOAD LOCATION. IT IS A WIN WIN SITUATION FOR BOTH ORGANISATIONS. Why is this difficult to understand?

I look forward to going through all this again when CART is released.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 07:04PM by DaveEllis.
Date: September 04, 2008 07:20PM
No. The mod scale is not changing. More links will simply be posted.

Thats what I meant. Large scale as in more people.

And you claimed I ignored your posts. I already addresses this issue, but it seems to have been glossed over.

I dont see where theres a problem, it wasnt a high-speed link there were problems for many people. Thats that isnt it?

Because ISI did that and the pathetic ungrateful community ripped them apart for it. And you would have too. "Oh why should they get it earlier than us" etc.

Dont assume things about me please.

I am all for people getting things earlier, perhaps those cockpit bugs would have been fixed. People who pay or something have a right to get earlier release.

I understand about the revenue, but then how have they justified calling it a pre-release when practically the whole rf community will now have this before its 'official' release.

ELEASING THE MOD ON RACE2PLAY FOR 1 WEEK CREATES REVENUE FOR RACE2PLAY WHILST GIVING THE US PITS A FREE DOWNLOAD LOCATION. IT IS A WIN WIN SITUATION FOR BOTH ORGANISATIONS.

So from that can I say there is no problem with the whole rf community registering and downloading then @#$%& off??

And no need to worry, we wont be having this discussion when the CART mod comes out ;-)!

on this, we dont get anywhere do we. like two stubborn women we wont budge from we think is right or wrong. Ah, good times ill give you that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy