RFactor Mods/Updates/Fixes/Links/News

Posted by keiran 
Re: RFactor Mods/Updates/Fixes/Links/News
Date: October 26, 2005 09:41AM
Posted by: iceman kimi
'AI blocking player completley removed'

why is this an inprovment?????? I enjoy fighting my way passed someone!

Date: October 26, 2005 12:35PM
Posted by: matthewp
Well its better to remove it completely than have them pull out in front of you suddenly in the middle of a braking zone.

Date: October 28, 2005 02:02PM
Posted by: AlexM4D
New R8 Grodini mod : first image

[www.menudeimotori.com]
Date: October 29, 2005 10:53PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Im very disappointed on the quality of tracks we have so far in rF. Theres been alot of new conversions so i'll do a very short review of them to give you an idea

Interlagos
Layout - Poor. F1C conversion so its pretty badly off
Works? - Last time i checked it didnt work - pit lane lights and start lights were broke, and the poly strucutre was so bad the car got "beached" on random jaggies, especailly in the pits
Looks - As far as conversions go it looks ok, but well below the standard we should have. This is apparently a "high res" update from F1Cs version too. As far as resolutions go, its not very high tbh

Hungary
Layout - Poor. Better than Brazils, but its still an f1 conversion so its still pretty crap
Works? - again, last check, no, and again, the pit lane lights and start lights were broken
Looks - ok. Better than Brazil, just, but not exactly what I'd call pretty

Harewood EXTREME Beta
Layout - Cant comment, never seen it in real life, altho the end is fictional as the game doesnt support point to point tracks
Works? - Yup. All it is is a hillclimb, so you go into practice, start, drive, finish. Cant except anything more from a hillclimb
Looks - Textures are ok but the whole things low detail. Its being reworked atm though apparently

Monza

Layout - Its an F1C conversion, but since Monza has no corners its not hard to get right. Its not accurate, but not as bad as Brazil for example
Works? - Appears to be in full working order
Looks - Best conversion of the F1C stuff i would think, not too ugly too look at.

Mid Ohio

Layout - Cant comment on the track because i havent seen much in real life, altho i somehow doubt a world class race track which was used by CART and IndyCar has lamp posts on the outside of corners (which the car cant hit, simply drives through on the way to the barrier
Works? - Appears to work
Looks - meh its ok, maybe on par with Monza, but not amazing

Queensland

Layout - Cant comment on accuracy but tbh, i doubt it is. Its pretty bad...
Works? - Think it does the required things fine
Looks - Horrible. Its pretty empty, textures are low res and not exactly nice ones at that

SearsPoint

Layout - EA NASCAR conversion. Its junk. One of the least accurate tracks i've ever used in the history of gaming. Elevations are wrong, corners are wrong, scenery is wrong and a massive moutain has appeared on the left hand side of the downhill Esses (which arent on much of a hill in this version) which you cant drive up (despite the obvious fact you should be able to) as an invisible wall has appeared around it
Works? - Far from it. Pit lanes broke, track is broke, random cones lying about, pit lane lights dont work, you get a speeding penelty even when on the limiter, and the start lights dont work. Didnt bother testing AI as i doubt they know what to do
Looks - Appauling. thousands of graphical bugs, especailly with road texture and random floating ones. Tree and crowd transparency doesnt work, textures arent really textures at all and the 3D models suck. In this state the track is junk.

Suzuka

Layout - Extremely poor, but again, F1C conversion, so its to be expected
Works? - No not really. Pit lane and start lights dont work, AI cant really drive and poor mip mapping problems
Looks? - Cack. Poor textures, poorer mip mapping, poorer 3D model. Not worth a download

Im so disappointed that we get a whole bunch of tracks and there all pretty much useless. Out of the recent ones, Monza is probably the best, but Birmingham, then Lime Rock are the best by far.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 29, 2005 11:05PM
Forgot to mention that Mid Ohio comes with an installer which adds data to your registry and sticks the track in the add/remove programs list. Why polluting my PC is required to install a track, i dont know. Im perfectly capeable of dropping and dragging folders, i dont require my registry messed with by some n00b.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 29, 2005 11:06PM
Posted by: gav
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SearsPoint
>
> Layout - EA NASCAR conversion. Its junk. One of
> the least accurate tracks i've ever used in the
> history of gaming. Elevations are wrong, corners
> are wrong, scenery is wrong and a massive moutain
> has appeared on the left hand side of the downhill
> Esses (which arent on much of a hill in this
> version) which you cant drive up (despite the
> obvious fact you should be able to) as an
> invisible wall has appeared around it

ROFL!

Just remember the NR2003 version is pretty inaccurate too ;-)
Date: October 29, 2005 11:20PM
Yeah but it isnt offensivly inaccurate. Its a few meters out for the entire length of the esses but the EA version has entire corners missing out of the Esses's. They just make the track "wiggle" all the way down to the hairpin and some idiot obviously thought "well thats close enough".

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 30, 2005 12:50AM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]
the repackaged hungaroring is the best conversion imo, followed by the updated brazil. monza looks awful on my pc, midohio could be better but still needs a lot of work doing and shouldnt really have been released in that state tbh

[www.evoracingteam.co.uk]
Date: October 30, 2005 03:57PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Agree with you about the un-install/track files adding clutter to the add/remove programs list Dave.
Is there a way to get rid of these but keep the tracks? Do we just copy the track data, delete it with the un-installer and then drop the copy track file back into r-factor? (lol,I'm kind of a noob anyway!)

Cheers.

Date: October 30, 2005 04:48PM
Yup, do exactly that

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 30, 2005 08:27PM
Posted by: matthewp
They have been really poor so far but it doesnt surprise or worry me, this was always going to happen early on, we've got Birmingham which is first class and limerock which is pretty good and a few more quality tracks should be released shortly. It's going to take a long time to get a good amount of really good tracks though theres no way around that. I dont have any doubts that in 6 months to a year we'll have lots of excellent tracks

Date: October 30, 2005 08:55PM
Posted by: gav
It's the way it's been with GPx in the past too.

GP3 came out, and as soon as tex converters came out, people were making skins. It took months before there was anything of any quality. Even longer with GP4.

Due to the complex nature of modern games, things will take longer to come to fruition. It's not just a matter of sticking a texture on a polygon anymore, then routing a little line for the AI.

For a decent F1 mod, which I know people will be crying out for (I'm not one), it'll be well over a year before a release sees the light of day. Possibly up to 3 years. It takes months to do 1 decent circuit, nevermind 19, plus cars and physics.
Date: October 31, 2005 12:30AM
Posted by: marcl
i had to reinstall me pc and now everytime i try limerocl it crashes to the desk top
Date: October 31, 2005 02:42AM
It is well documented that Lime Rock doesnt work on full shadows detail with the newest patch

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 31, 2005 07:52AM
Interlagos Final Released

[www.menudeimotori.com]
Date: October 31, 2005 09:43AM
oh cheers dave that must be what it is then, shame.

Quite happy now though can use manual gears and improved my lap time on av by 2 secs
Date: October 31, 2005 01:09PM
Formula1 Championship 2005 MiNiMoD 1.0 for rFactor

Original post : [forum.rscnet.org]

Download : [www.menudeimotori.com]

Formula1 Championship 2005 MiNiMoD 1.0 for rFactor
===============================

Features included :
- F1 2005 Car skins
- Helmet skins
- New Tyre Skins
- New Safety Car
- New Physic
- Realistic Performance based on F1 2005
- Completed UI
- Minor sound improvement

- F1 2005 Car Skins
- Almost all teams have two skins as alternative
- Improved paint using Phil Wardog's template
- Helmet skins
- All teams have at least one helmet
- New Tyre Skin
- New Bridgestone tyre
- Completed UI
- UI with all drivers and teams
- Sound improvement
- More realistic sound

CREDITS :

- F1 mini-mod modder - Alexease ( Big Thanks ! )
- Templates - Phil Wardog ( Another big thanks ! )
- Car skins - ddmt-bertl099 , laser , XXXXXXX , Major Parts , Watcher , Fireeyes , GhOsT_301
- Helmet skins - GhOsT_301
- Tyre skins - Alexease , McArra , GhOsT_301
- Performance - GhOsT_301 , fditolla
- UI - GhOsT_301
- Sound improvement - GhOsT_301

Special thanks to Benisreallycool and all RSC community members , and of course , YOU .

Known issue :

- Tyre brand - It seems that it is a bug in rFactor that all team are forced to use only one type of tyre . Eg , when u choose bridgestone tyre car , all cars use only Bridgestone , and vice versa . ( It doesn't work at all in Race Season Mode , same thing in F1 mini-mod 1.3*unrelease* )

- Driver left hand glove - It doesn't seems to be mapped correctly . It just a small issue though . ( In rTrainer , it mapped correctly , but changing the .gmt files not work for me , gives me position error )

Any other bug or issue , please post it at RSC .

Copyright / Permissions

All files in F1 Championship 2005 MiNiMoD are copyrighted to respective owners .

This mod is freely available to anyone, is strictly not for profit, and may
not be used for commercial purposes. I have no relationship with the
FIA or any of the teams or sponsors, and copyrights of those
products reside with the individual copyright holders. The material provided
in this mod is not connected to Image Space Inc.

The files in this mod may not be modified by anyone or converted to another
video game unless permission is granted by me. This mod may not be
profited from commercially by a third party .
If you downloaded this file from anywhere other than this
I accept no responsibilities for losses or damage resulting from the use of this mod.
------------------------
Date: October 31, 2005 04:15PM
any screen prints
Date: October 31, 2005 04:33PM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]
someone said it was worse than F1 MiniMod 1.3 and it has some drawbacks too... :(

not tried it tho, cant be bothered either

[www.evoracingteam.co.uk]
Date: October 31, 2005 10:54PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
what is the point if the models aren't changed :S

H E L L O
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy