steering wheel setup for Nascar 2003

Posted by iceman kimi 
steering wheel setup for Nascar 2003
Date: February 01, 2005 09:29AM
Posted by: iceman kimi
anyone got one thats any good? i have struggled to get my steering wheel (Microsoft Sidewinder FF) to work well with it and gone back to keys.

I really want GTP MOD but dont see the point unless i get my wheel working sweet for it.

any tips?

Iceman

Re: steering wheel setup for Nascar 2003
Date: February 01, 2005 10:30AM
Posted by: gav
Logitech MOMO Racing will probably be your best bet - grab a MOMO Force (red one) if you can find one though, they're a good bit better. Stopped making them though :(
Date: February 01, 2005 10:40AM
Posted by: matthewp
I'm thinking of getting a FFB wheel, with GPL I feel i'm not really missing out too much but not so in GTP.
Would get the red MOMO but I doubt i'll find one, anyone got the black one with the gearstick?

Date: February 01, 2005 10:58AM
Posted by: gav
I think Dave's got the MOMO Racing.

I'm contemplating the opposite Matt - getting a none-FFB wheel - a TSW wheel.
Date: February 01, 2005 11:11AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Took me a very long time to get my hands on the Red Momo, alot of pacience and looking around ebay :) eventually I found one with a Buy it now for £50 ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2005 11:12AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: February 01, 2005 11:24AM
Posted by: Glyn
iceman kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> anyone got one thats any good? i have struggled to
> get my steering wheel (Microsoft Sidewinder FF) to
> work well with it and gone back to keys.

I've got one of them, and the default settings in NASCAR seem to be good. Make sure you enable the low speed steering hack though (in GTP, this has to be done through the launcher - click options) as this gives you some feel.

I have the force feedback at 100%, although this is down to preference. In GTP, I've been thinking of lowering it as it can be quite hard to turn the wheel quickly with the levels of grip these cars have. It's a matter of balance. The more FFB you have, the more feel you have, but the harder it is to be accurate with the wheel movement.

Date: February 01, 2005 02:03PM
Posted by: Morbid
There are several top drivers that use MSFF wheels, so it is definately possible. I would recommend that you set all 3 steering momemtum sliders to 0%, sterring help to 0% and linearity high to begin with (you can always lower it later). Put on the low speed steering hack, as previously suggested here.

In the Game controllers screen in windows, put sensitivity to low, and dead zone to low. That should be a good starting point.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 01, 2005 03:56PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Would get the red MOMO but I doubt i'll find one, anyone got the black one with the gearstick?

Yeah me. It doesnt come without its problems. The pedals loose calibration after awhile, and there used to be alot of software problmes, but fixing the pedals (physically) is easy.

Worth the money imo. Great wheel, just wish Logitech had sorted all the problems. Reminds me of Act Labs in that sense

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 01, 2005 11:14PM
Posted by: smorr
Same hear, since yesterday, OMFG. That wheel is the best! It actually makes me want to carsh (my first FFB wheel). it is nice and stable to.

Of cours thats without aids, cause in NR2k3 if you need aids you need help.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: February 01, 2005 11:16PM
Posted by: matthewp
Of cours thats without aids, cause in NR2k3 if you need aids you need help.

most obvious point of the day award goes too...
:)

Date: February 02, 2005 11:33AM
Posted by: Glyn
who has aids then? :P

Date: February 02, 2005 12:17PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

someone somewhere does

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2005 12:30PM by Korn_Freak.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy