About rFactor...

Posted by Kimi Iceman 
About rFactor...
Date: May 05, 2008 12:19AM
Posted by: Kimi Iceman
Hi all!

I'm thinkin about go into rFactor world.

I have a few doubts about the game.

Can I play weel with good graphics with an AMD 3200+, 2 GB RAM and a GeForce 6600GT?

I usually use keyboard, but I also have a pad (very very simple, is like PS2 pads).Can I use it to play rFactor weel?It is possible to activate a keyboard stering assist like GP4's GpTweaker?
Re: About rFactor...
Date: May 05, 2008 12:56AM
Posted by: Fincent
I would strongly reccomend getting rFactor :) it's one of the best purchases I've ever made and its pretty much been in use every day since I bought it. It doesnt come with much to begin with but you can download all sorts of cars and tracks and it's completely customisable which means its like playing a new game every time you try something new lol.

As for keyboards, yeah you can get away with it (there's all sorts of driving assists) but you probably wouldnt get maximum enjoyment from it. I spent £40 on a wheel and it was well worth it, made driving so much more enjoyable and you can actually get much better times once you get used to it lol.

Your graphics setup sounds good too :) although I'm not an expert on that side of it so you'll probably have to wait for someone else to check on that one.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: May 05, 2008 01:15AM
Thanks Fincent!

I'll wait for a second opinion about PAD and specs :)

PD:I'm looking videos in YouTube and it appears to be great!
Date: May 05, 2008 01:21AM
Posted by: sasjag
yeah would run fine on those specs, i'm running it on an celeron 2.8Ghz, with 1GB RAM and a 9800pro

edit/ of course, you can test it first, download the demo! since its teh same as teh game your not losing anything, and if you liek the game, when you buy it you get a code to put in on teh prompt at teh beginning of the demo

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2008 01:23AM by sasjag.
Date: May 05, 2008 01:40AM
Ok, thanks!

Downloading demo...

And what about controller?My PAD is very poor (but it has 2 analogic sticks)
Date: May 05, 2008 02:11AM
Posted by: bazza_racer
I had serious doubts about this game, played it at friends house, and it was pretty good. I've always played simbin racers GTR2 RACE..... but i dived in to the deep end earlier this afternoon, and bought the game, although I don't fully understand how everything works yet I love it! Graphics are good it seems easy to mod too. So I'd say do it! DO IT NOW!!!!!!

I too am using a joypad mines a logitec cordless rumble pad and so far so good, ( just cant justify spending the money on a wheel yet)

@ FINCENT - just downloaded thermalito and I love it very nice track. are you planning anymore?

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: May 05, 2008 02:21AM
Posted by: sasjag
i do use a cheap dual analogue controller now and then, and whilst not as good as a wheel, with teh right aids on it does work

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 05, 2008 02:25AM
Which aids are recomended for joypad?
Date: May 05, 2008 05:38AM
Posted by: Guimengo
You could wait to buy the game when you get a wheel, maybe rF 2 will be out by then
Date: May 05, 2008 12:17PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
@ iceman With my pad i'm currently using Stability control, Traction Control, and ABS. Can pretty much handle everything else ok.

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: May 07, 2008 03:34AM
Posted by: montoya6k
i bet you would,i found my 1st personal computer back in my garage and tested the rfactor still works with my old chap cpu geforce 2 pentium IV haha!

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy