Racecraft - Procedural Track Generator

Posted by truecrysis 
Racecraft - Procedural Track Generator
Date: November 13, 2015 10:59PM
Posted by: truecrysis
So I got a copy of this today and have been having a lot of fun with it!

If you don't know what the game is, basically its a game that procedurally generates tracks. So each time you play you generate a completely new track to drive round and experience. Currently its just hot lap/vs 1 bot but i believe they plan to add online/AI to it to add some variety.

Honestly for someone like me that enjoys exploring as many new tracks as they can, this game is almost unlimited fun. Pretty much every track is fun to drive and pretty well put together. All the tracks are between 50 seconds and 1 min 50 seconds so theres quite a variety in length and style as the generator can put together literally anything from an almost oval to a tight and twisty street circuit feel. One of the things that could be better is the elevation, as the only time its really used is on straights and occasionally can be ridiculous (think getting 5 seconds of air). But some of the circuits I've raced on I've ended up recording (video as theres no way to export tracks yet) in order to future develop into a fantasy GP4 track, so I think this could be a great idea generation tool where you get to drive something first hand, copy the design and tweak based on how it felt.
On the driving side its not as tight as it could be. The car is an open wheeler so obviously its not as planted as it could be, but it does feel a bit loose sometimes.

They've released a tech demo version of it, with everything below 80% complete so if you want to try it out yourself go here: [playracecraft.com]
I will say it crashes a hell of a lot, usually when you try and generate a second circuit.

Has anyone else played this yet? Thoughts?

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy