USB Wheel issue

Posted by Carlitox 
USB Wheel issue
Date: August 17, 2013 01:58AM
Posted by: Carlitox
Hi guys.

I am forced to ask for your vast knowledge on simracing stuff again. As the title says, I'm having problems with my PC steering wheel. Specifically with the pedals. The thing is, either the throttle or brake remains activated at all times, even if I'm not touching them, as if they weren't calibrated. I did try to calibrate them and doesn't work. Unplugging the link between pedals and wheel and re-plugging it again works after a zillion tries, but when I turn on the my PC the next day, everything repeats. I've also tried cleaning them but I don't dare to open them, since I really don't know if there's something delicate in there. So any tips you guys can give me would be enormously appreciated. BTW, my device is a Genius TwinWheel PC. I normally use rFactor, F1C and GP4 and they all have the same problem.

Thank you very much in advance ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Re: USB Wheel issue
Date: August 17, 2013 03:35AM
Posted by: mortal
If they all have the same problem, the wheel is at fault. You will have to open them and clean with a contact cleaner.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 17, 2013 05:50PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Well, I've just finished opening the pedal set and cleaning it all inside (gawd that was dusty), and I happened to find a loose spring. I put it back in its place, made sure it was fixed and then put it back together and tested it in rFactor. And nope, the same problem again. I replugged the thing about 4 times and it worked, but that already happened :(

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: August 17, 2013 11:27PM
Posted by: mortal
I'd say the wheel is cactus then.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy