Auto Club Revolution

Posted by xSilvermanx 
Auto Club Revolution
Date: May 29, 2013 09:19PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
Hey there.

I recently found a quite nice game, which I thought would share with you: Auto Club Revolution -> [www.autoclubrevolution.com]
It's an online racing game, the base is F2P and you can play through all the avaiable classes but some cars may not be accessible to you, if you don't buy "E-bucks", the currency you need to buy many boni.
Some tracks are fictional but you can also play the current layout of Silverstone, Spa Franchorchamps, Hockenheim in 4 versions, Indianapolis, Daytona Superspeedway and Sonoma Raceway (Infineon Raceway).
Cars are divided into 8 different classes, E being the worst, RA the best. In the Showroom you can see every single car, it's stats and everything. It's sorted after the price you need to pay in E-bucks. Full list of cars is under my post. In brackets you either get the info "credits" (available for everyone) or "E-bucks" (those only available to those paying).

The game itself is quite realistic. While there is no damage nor tyre-/fuel-simulation, you can't just smash the car in every single corner or ram your opponents out of the way. A sometimes harsh punishment system is used in the game, but situations like described above luckily don't happen too much atm.
The cars tend to understeer quite a lot, still you can drive around corners quite agressively. Driving without Stability Control and Traction Control is possible, but very difficult because the cars (atleast those of higher classes) will try to swing out, spins can happen quite easily. With full driving aids it's rather easy but obviously not that fast.
At the moment the game is visited quite frequently, you'll always find a game, if not, you can start your own and people will join most of the time. Matchmaking is easy and fast, although a few annoying bugs could ruin your race or not let it start at all. But for a F2P-game it's nontheless great.
Also you can paint your cars like you want. You have certain schemes available at the start to paint your own car as you want. While texting is quite difficult with that (I've not yet managed to, maybe there's a trick, I don't know yet) you can easily design cars. I'll make a pic of the first draw of the car I've done, Opel Corsa OPC with a Repsol livery. See second post for this.
Who else is playing the game? My username is xSilvermanx , would love to race with you some time.
Greetings
Silverman

Class E:
Opel Corsa OPC (starting car; credits)
VW Beetle 2.0 TSI (E-bucks)
Ford Focus ST (credits)
Mini John Cooper works (E-bucks)
Volvo C30 T5 (credits)
Renault Clio R.S. 200 Cup (E-bucks)

Class D:
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R (Credits)
Opel Astra OPC Nurburgring (E-bucks)
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (E-bucks)
VW Golf R 32 (Credits)
Renault Megane R.S. 250 Cup (Credits)
Mazda 3 MPS (Credits)
VW Golf R (E-bucks)
Infiniti G37 S Coupe (E-bucks)
Volvo S60 T6 AWD R-Design (E-bucks)

Class C:
VW Scirocco R (Credits)
Mazda RX-8 Type RS (Credits)
Ford Focus RS (E-bucks)
Nissan 370Z (E-bucks)
Lotus Elise SC (E-bucks)
Lotus Europa SE (E-bucks)

Class B:
BMW 135i (Credits)
Jaguar XFR (Credits)
Dodge Challenger SRT8 (E-bucks)
Acura NSX (E-bucks)
BMW Z4 M Coupe (Credits)
Dodge Charger SRT8 (Credits)
BMW M3 Coupe (Credits)
Chevrolet Camaro SS (E-bucks)
Ford Shelby GT500 (Credits)
BMW Z4 sDrive35is (E-bucks)

Class A:
Cadillac CTS-V (Credits)
Jaguar XKR-S (Credits)
Vauxhall VXR8 (Credits)
BMW M5 (E-bucks)
TVR Tuscan S (Credits)

Class SC:
Nissan Nismo R34 GT-R Z-Tune (E-bucks)
Bentley Continental GT Speed (Credits)
TVR T350 T (Credits)
Lotus Evora S (E-bucks)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ400 (Credits)
Nissan GT-R (E-bucks)

Class EX:
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (Credits)
Ford GT (E-bucks)
TVR Typhoon (Credits)
Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren (Credits)
Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR (E-bucks)

Class RA:
McLaren MP4-12C (E-bucks)
Supercar Engineering, Inc. RaptorGTR (Credits)
McLaren F1 (Credits)
Pagani Zonda F (Credits)
Pagani Zonda Cinque (E-bucks)
GUMPERT apollo s (E-bucks)
Koenigsegg CCX (Credits)
Koenigsegg Agera (E-bucks)
Bugatti Veyron EB 16/4 (E-bucks)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2013 09:50PM by xSilvermanx.
Re: Auto Club Revolution
Date: May 29, 2013 10:18PM
So here are the pics. Resolution is 1280x1024, the livery is currently WIP (quite obvious ^^), Sponsor logos are missing, the back and roof of the car are not finished yet.
Graphics are set on Ultra. It's working great, PC-specs are: Quad core 4.2 GHz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 550, 8GB RAM.

Link: [s1154.photobucket.com]
Slideshow: [s1154.photobucket.com]

Greetings
Silverman

EDIT: Lemme just get the pics to work O.o

EDIT: Now -.-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2013 10:21PM by xSilvermanx.
Date: May 29, 2013 11:42PM
Posted by: mortal
What platform is this, PC, Android?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 30, 2013 12:04AM
I should never again post something late evening. Knew, I forgot something ;)

For PC it is. And before you ask, I'd recommend using a steering wheel. Gamepad or keyboard are possible but it's only fun with a steering wheel.

So, anything else that I forgot to mention that would be mentioned at the start by other people? xD

System requirements ^^
Minimum | Recommended
Processor 1.8GHZ intel (or equivalent) Dual Core CPU | 2.40GHz Intel (or equivalent) Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600
RAM 2.5GB System RAM | 4GB System RAM
Graphics Card 256MB dedicated graphics memory, Nvidia GeForce series 7 (or equivalent) minimum gpu level, supporting shader v3 | Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT (or equivalent) 1024MB vram
Hard disk space 2.5GB | 2.5GB
Broadband Download and Upload speeds of 256kbps | Download and Upload speeds of 256kbps
Operating System Windows XP or more recent | Windows XP or more recent
Controllers Keyboard and Mouse. Game pad, steering wheel optional. | Keyboard and Mouse. Game pad, steering wheel optional.
Date: May 30, 2013 12:22AM
Posted by: mortal
That's ok, I noticed on the front page it says 'download the app' and that was why I asked as that usually refers to an android platform. Before I sign up, how big is the download?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 30, 2013 03:02PM
I've downloaded a total of 3.85GB. This happens while you're playing for a big part but will stop you from having many different cars at first. They are not in the initial download. That is 605MB.
Greetings
Silverman

You gonna add me? ^^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy