Why I hate F1 Race Stars

Posted by smoglessbutton4 
Why I hate F1 Race Stars
Date: December 26, 2012 11:34AM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
After playing the demo version of F1 Race Stars, I was really hoping that it would turn out to be a great game. So I got the game for Christmas, and...

It's a piece of sh!t.

The AI on the demo version was fine, but somehow they managed to f*ck that up in the space of one month, as now it slingshots and is extremely frustrating!!
The characters aren't that memorable and they have ridiculous voices. Also, the fictional teams - why??
The tracks aren't fun to drive. The Germany circuit on the demo was great - just the right amount of pace. However, the majority of the other circuits are just far to slow to be enjoyable, especially Monaco.

When the more realistic F1 2012 feels three times as fast as the kart version, you just think it's wrong...

Also, some of the pitlanes are really awkward and some hinder you really badly.
On the plus side, some of the powerups are really neat - the safety car and the wet weather, but the bubbles and the soda bottle are just uninventive.
One of the things I was looking forward to was the online multiplayer.

On the PC version at least, nonexistent. Absolutely nonexistent.
Nobody plays it, and having activated the game on the Steam platform, you would expect the online community to be bustling!
And offline it's little fun because of the ridiculous AI!

Codemasters - you are completely undeserved of the F1 license - look what you did to the Colin McRae Rally series, look what you did to Race Driver and look what you're doing to F1...
YOU F!CKTARDS!!!!!!!!!
FOM, take their licence away and give it to Geoff Crammond! There are no doubts he could produce a better sim, and chances are he could produce a better arcade game, too!

There is a long list of games I've enjoyed more than F1 Race Stars - these include LEGO Racers 2, the Black Bean WRC games (!), Rayman M, Sonic R (!), F1 06, F1 2004, F1 2010, Mario Kart, Wii, Mario Kart DS, Cel Damage, pretty much every single racing game I've ever played, even the worst of the Need for Speed franchise!!

Thank god I still have Formula 1 97!!

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2012 11:50AM by smoglessbutton4.
Re: Why I hate F1 Race Stars
Date: April 08, 2013 05:43PM
Posted by: kubica2
well, it was to be expected, even from the demo version... im sure a few kids have bought it but and made money for codemasters.
Date: April 08, 2013 06:38PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Thank god I still have Formula 1 97!!

Haha, yeah it's still the best! :)
Date: April 08, 2013 08:12PM
Posted by: IWE
Haha! Didn't even realize this fact earlier:

2012 tracks:

INCLUDED:
Australian Grand Prix
Monaco Grand Prix
British Grand Prix
German Grand Prix
Belgian Grand Prix
Italian Grand Prix
Singapore Grand Prix
Japanese Grand Prix
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
United States Grand Prix
Brazilian Grand Prix

DLC:
European Grand Prix
Chinese Grand Prix
Canadian Grand Prix
Indian Grand Prix

Possible extra DLC in future?:
Malaysia Grand Prix
Bahrain Grand Prix
Spanish Grand Prix
Hungarian Grand Prix
Korean Grand Prix

I wonder when Codies will do same with their "proper" F1 game.. ;)

Edit:

Wtf are these? ;)

Games Accessory Pack
Music Accessory Pack
Princess Accessory Pack <--- Makes you Red Bull's first driver or what? :D
Science Accessory Pack
Nature Accessory Pack
Monster Accessory Pack
Nautical Accessory Pack
Holiday Accessory Pack
Christmas Accessory Pack

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2013 08:16PM by IWE.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy