Urm...a new Codemasters F1 game. Sort of.

Posted by Incident 2k9 
Urm...a new Codemasters F1 game. Sort of.
Date: July 13, 2012 11:54AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
[www.f1racestars.com]

Uh...not really sure what to make of this...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Re: Urm...a new Codemasters F1 game. Sort of.
Date: July 13, 2012 10:58PM
Posted by: torana_05
just more useless codemasters crap

Date: July 14, 2012 12:52AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Really looking forward to this one, it looks really great! and I'm sure it will be much better than original f1games from codemasters.
Date: July 14, 2012 11:13AM
Posted by: pete-21
Well, the trailer looks good. But don't they all?

As this is Codemasters at work I don't think I'll bother. On the other hand IF it turns out to be a good game then It'll be cheaper after six months anyway ;-)
Date: July 15, 2012 05:07PM
Posted by: IWE
I like it already! Ages ago I was even trying to convince CTDP to do something like this for rF. ;)

This is going to be first Codemasters F1 game which I'm going to buy. (Y)

LOL!!
Power-ups include KERS, which is used to gain a speed boost, safety car deployment to hold up other drivers, summoning wet weather to spin out rivals or calling down a rain cloud on the race leader.

Courses will also feature their own obstacles, such as swimming pools in Monaco and bullet trains in Japan.

[www.digitalspy.co.uk]

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 06:44PM by IWE.
Date: July 16, 2012 10:21AM
Posted by: chet
F1 Mario Kart?

AWESOME :D!!!!

Maybe codemasters realized a sim a wasn't possible so why not go the other way... and keep going ;)!

I think there was a nascar mario kart? Not sure though, but I bet that was awesome. But yeah, I have always, always, always wanted a game like this with f1 drivers. Personally I think it will be fantastic! I wont be buying F1 2012 thats sure, but if this is on PC ill deffo buy it!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 16, 2012 01:48PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wont be buying F1 2012 thats sure,
> but if this is on PC ill deffo buy it!

Yeah yeah yeah yeah. I said that too about the last one. Guess what happened.
Date: July 17, 2012 04:00PM
Posted by: IWE
loque Wrote:
> chet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I wont be buying F1 2012 thats sure,
> > but if this is on PC ill deffo buy it!
>
>
> Yeah yeah yeah yeah. I said that too about the
> last one.
Guess what happened.

Me too and guess what happened. Still haven't bought it (I own most of codemasters racing games, but those f1 games I won't buy unless I get console versions for less than 5€ as those aren't really that much fun or specially rewarding on any level). ;)

Anyway there is some new previews of F1 Race Stars on its facebook page: [www.facebook.com]

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: July 18, 2012 09:37AM
I trialled F1 2011, one of the reasons I didn't get it was the replay issue. Because of that it would not run on my computer well.

Date: July 18, 2012 10:55AM
It's a shame you can't tell them anything though, you can't, for example, go on the CM forums and complain about previous games and suggest improvements. You just get banned for what they term "flaming".

Edit - I have just done exactly that, teehee. See what happens.

Edit 2 - I have already been threatened with a ban for my "negative viewpoint". All I did was express what I thought was wrong with previous games.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 12:02PM by loque.
Date: July 18, 2012 02:24PM
Posted by: Morbid
So they changed the graphics from previous games, but the handling and AI is still the same? Guess it is not for me then.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 23, 2012 10:55PM
Posted by: Monza972
I cannot wait for this game. This is what we needed to bring out our inner child once again. Loved Mario Kart and love ModNation on the PS3 so this will be great addition.

Haven't bought any of the CM F1 games as there was always something wrong with the games and I never enjoyed it. Only Codemasters game I've ever bought is Race Driver: Grid and even then it was £2 on Steam ;).
Date: July 23, 2012 11:30PM
An F1 game that didn't take itself too seriously is just what we need. We know we will never get a decent enough sim, at least not one for the public. So why not just go the complete opposite direction?

Everyone moans how f1 is boring, and jokes the cars should have missiles. Well this is it.

Date: July 24, 2012 01:06AM
Posted by: Guimengo
As long as we don't get the glitches from F1 2010 and F1 2011 ;)
Date: July 24, 2012 05:34AM
Posted by: Slash
Morbid Wrote:
> So they changed the graphics from previous games,
> but the handling and AI is still the same? Guess
> it is not for me then.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

but seriously, are they making a "proper" game as well, or this is going to be the 2012 F1 Game?
Date: July 25, 2012 02:13AM
Posted by: Guimengo
There is an F1 2012 coming besides the Stars game.
Date: July 25, 2012 02:54AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Which looks exactly the same as both 2010 and 2011 so far. I picked up 2011 once it was on sale and was still massively disappointed with it. Not going to be fooled by 2012

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: July 29, 2012 01:28PM
The CM forums are hilarious. They honestly think that they're playing a sim and that it's more accurate and realistic than rFactor and iRacing because Codemasters' game is the official product. The official product, they say, is obviously more realistic than anything else otherwise it wouldn't be the official one.

Anyone who has a go at the handling and physics just gets shot down with tripe like "oh but you mustn't be experienced with racing games" and when you point out that you should never be able to control an F1 sim with a pad (which you can't btw) they just point to the fact that (and I honestly think they believe this) young drivers use the game to practice before they get their official F1 young drivers test. 'Cus that's what Stephen Flood bragged about, you see. So it must be true.

Everyone is idiots except them, obviously. Laser scanned tracks are not accurate because if they are the CM would use that method when making their games.

It shouldn't affect my own opinion of the game, but it does.
Date: July 29, 2012 09:36PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I like the game, but I'm well aware that's what it is. It's not a sim by any stretch of the imagination; for example on the game you can overtake at Hungary ;)

It was never made to be a sim, but people forget this and start carping on about minor physical impossibilities and whatever. It's supposed to be a game environment.

It's a bit like if you buy a cheap Stratocaster; you can spend ages setting it up, but it's never going deliver the sound quite like a proper Fender one...because it was never meant to.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 02, 2012 04:26PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Codemasters released a new online game today: [www.f1onlinethegame.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy