GPG-rFactor-League?

Posted by xSilvermanx 
Re: GPG-rFactor-League?
Date: August 03, 2012 10:11AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
The CTDP mods are the best in terms of physics and graphics. I don't personally think we should be that bothered over what mod to use. But I would recommend: F1 1994 LE (For those who love the 90s cars like me and it comes with tracks), CTDP 2005, CTDP 2006, FSONE 2008, FSONE 2009. I'm not 100% on the latest 2011 mod even though it would be nice to follow real life. My personal favourite is FSONE 2008.

The most important thing is that we need a server.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2012 10:46AM by mclarenaustralia.
Date: August 06, 2012 10:10PM
Posted by: Twigster151
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The CTDP mods are the best in terms of physics and
> graphics. I don't personally think we should be
> that bothered over what mod to use. But I would
> recommend: F1 1994 LE (For those who love the 90s
> cars like me and it comes with tracks), CTDP 2005,
> CTDP 2006, FSONE 2008, FSONE 2009. I'm not 100% on
> the latest 2011 mod even though it would be nice
> to follow real life. My personal favourite is
> FSONE 2008.
>
> The most important thing is that we need a server.

This is a very good point. It's pretty pointless choosing what mod we're going to use if we haven't got a server lined up.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: August 12, 2012 07:12PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
The Server?
I'm going to post an ad at several forums asking for an rFactor-Server, maybe including TS, maybe not. If not, TS will be asked on its own.
Best would be, if it was free, as I am not able to pay anything for it. Another option: Someone here on the forum has a server and is able to host an rFactor-Server.
For the TS: I am member of a racing-league, and I'm quite sure, if some advertising is done, we can use it together with them. Of course I have to ask, but I'm certain, I could get one.
The reason, I'm not going to search for one at the beginning? We have a really interesting concept with managing and racing, thus having different vehicle-strengths and maybe even different leagues. Asking for a server, if everything has a good progress, has the pro of us being able to create interest through the concept and the ongoing process of creating it (wah missing vocab, what a strange sentence ^^).
If everything goes wrong, I'm able to host a server on my PC, not as a 24/7 one, but for the races. It's fast enough, whether the Internet is, would be seen. Just thinking about it, don't believe it ^^
Date: August 22, 2012 04:38PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
Ok, I thought again about your words, Twigster. How about this:
CTDP 2006 will be the only mod used, it's the best F1-mod for rFactor. Only one performance is taken (Ferrari, Jordan, whatever) and used for all teams at the start. Maybe you could make something similar to the starting-perf-calculation in F1-manager.
Still everyone will have to get their own team, means own skins are needed. Except for one (THIS to be exact, Repsol Team Prost, a planned livery of the Prost-Team to start with in 2002, but they went bankrupt before. Skin for 2006-Toro-Rosso-model by CTDP) skins would be missing.
Why did I just think of it? I think i've realized, what it would mean to mix those mods completely. It's just way too much work for not that much result in my opinion. Just thought of it, then remembered, WAIT, you have to deal with many different problems, so changed my mind on this. Opinions?
Greetings
Silverman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy