Project C.A.R.S.

Posted by Guimengo 
Project C.A.R.S.
Date: March 24, 2012 10:38AM
Posted by: Guimengo
So who's a member? Come on, I know there's someone out there to share stuff :P.
Re: Project C.A.R.S.
Date: March 24, 2012 12:54PM
Posted by: IWE
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So who's a member?

I am.

Not much to share tho as for me it is still huge disappointment (apart from graphics).

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 02, 2012 04:09PM
Posted by: Anonymous User

&feature=related

WTF is this project?? Details please?

GFX look good but dubious about handling/physics.
Date: April 04, 2012 05:17AM
The handling still needs a lot of work. The cars are all between stages Alpha 1 - Beta 2, although given how some cars under Beta 2 handle... I really hope it goes through Beta 3 and 4 stages ;).
Date: October 02, 2012 10:18AM
Posted by: ramf1v
How does someone get involved in developing for this game ? I can't seem to find any information on the forum, It seems I have to pay 10 euros at least to view certain threads.
Are there user tools, plugins importers exporters available etc ?

thx

F1Dev
Date: October 04, 2012 02:26AM
Posted by: auscain
@ ramf1v I'm with you there. Project cars graphics are hard to beat.... Still they do not have the physics that Geoff has..........
Date: October 04, 2012 10:46AM
auscain Wrote:
> @ ramf1v I'm with you there. Project cars graphics
> are hard to beat.... Still they do not have the
> physics that Geoff has..........

Yes, but I'm sick of the limitations of GP4's graphics, It's concerned me for a long time and I cannot ignore it anymore, it kills my enthusiasm when the end result looks no better than it does in 3ds max's viewport (without nitrous).
It's just too dated, i want reflections, ambient occlusion, normal maps...I just want it to look good.

re Project Cars, it seems I need to pay at least 10 euro to get any info about modding, (refundable if the game is ever released) I can't even PM anyone in the forum until I invest. I generally like to read up and demo things "before" I part with money ;-)
How do I know if pCAPS is going to go beyond any beta stages ? Also it's an "all in one" rfactor type package, I'd prefer one that focuses specifically on F1.

For me it's too much of a closed shop at the moment. I'll wait until it develops more or I can find any information.

F1Dev
Date: October 05, 2012 03:14AM
Posted by: auscain
ramf1v
Yes, but I'm sick of the limitations of GP4's graphics, It's concerned me for a long time and I cannot ignore it anymore, it kills my enthusiasm when the end result looks no better than it does in 3ds max's viewport (without nitrous).
It's just too dated, i want reflections, ambient occlusion, normal maps...I just want it to look good.

Yes you are well understood. That was just my pathetic attempt at not losing you as a technical artist for Grand Prix 4.
Date: October 05, 2012 09:31PM
He he , nothing last forever ;-), anyway, I've started to enjoy it again with the garage project, ambient occlusion and texture baking..it's not too limiting.

About pCARS, maybe I'm being a bit naive, a small company getting on it's feet in the 3d world, they need all the income they can muster to stay afloat, I seriously doubt they will open up the game for modders other than maybe some custom skin modifications...who knows, I'll see how it pans out over the next few months. but i reckon they will want to sell mods as addons or upgrades, it seems how the setup is structured.

F1Dev
Date: October 09, 2012 09:32PM
There's an Off Topic where you should be able to perhaps post?
Date: October 09, 2012 09:36PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> There's an Off Topic where you should be able to
> perhaps post?

Yes there's an off topic, but everything is private and locked out until you part with money.

F1Dev
Date: October 12, 2012 05:43AM
I can tell you that a bunch of people are not keen on modding, now that there's a chance they can make money they (some of the "investors";) want to lock everything down. Don't rush and join yet, you still got a good year or more to wait.
Date: October 12, 2012 06:47AM
Yes it reminds me of Eagle Dynamics, there were extremely possessive about "their" code, and made it as difficult as possible for people to mod the game. C.A.R.S is definitely NOT an open community based game. Maybe they plan to go the iRacing route.
I've started working with UDK just for the beauty of the graphics :-) there are plenty games using that engine, it doesn't "have" to be an F1 game ;-)

F1Dev
Date: October 13, 2012 12:26AM
I don't know the plans from SMS but a lot of the people who put the most money in the game are keen on not making it modder friendly. Who knows what the final product will be, I hope it allows for some modding.
Date: October 14, 2012 10:02AM
Guimengo Wrote:
> I don't know the plans from SMS but a lot of the
> people who put the most money in the game are keen
> on not making it modder friendly. Who knows what
> the final product will be, I hope it allows for
> some modding.

Usually the case with these small setups, I doubt it will change. For me it's all hype until I can see what actually is going on under the hood, and I'm certainly not going to pay for that privilege.

F1Dev
Date: December 22, 2012 06:21PM
Posted by: georgibg
I too tried to register at their forum but as you said if you not pay you are ***... :D Anyway like most of the people here I like first to try then to buy and from the videos I had saw this game will require a monster PC so that's not me in the cockpit.(D)

The old classics will be always better than the newest games.
Date: December 27, 2012 11:54PM
I just want to know if it's open to user modding, impossible to find out, and now they have closed subscriptions / offers.

F1Dev
Date: December 29, 2012 02:08PM
Posted by: jakobdylan
the game is not open to user modding, juts now you can edit only the tex of the cars.......

Date: December 30, 2012 07:47PM
jakobdylan Wrote:
> the game is not open to user modding,

Yup, dissapointing and I doubt it ever will be. :( There's too much money invested in the project.

F1Dev
Date: December 30, 2012 08:55PM
Posted by: IWE
ramf1v Wrote:
> jakobdylan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > the game is not open to user modding,
>
> Yup, dissapointing and I doubt it ever will be. :(
> There's too much money invested in the project.

I think that's not any problem as long as there is regular updates and free DLC's. But I fear it's not going to be like this thanks to console versions and some other stuff..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy