So I'm thinking about a new phone...

Posted by mortal 
So I'm thinking about a new phone...
Date: August 31, 2011 09:56AM
Posted by: mortal
I'd like one that is unlocked, so I can use my own sim-card. Wi-fi would be a plus, and I guess anything else is a bonus. Open to recommendations as I really don't have a clue. Where I live I don't even have any mobile coverage, unless I walk up the road about a k, but having having wifi on it could be handy I s'pose when I travel interstate.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: So I'm thinking about a new phone...
Date: August 31, 2011 12:39PM
Posted by: gav
You don't get a mobile signal where you live?

It's a shame Vodafone don't appear to do their Sure Signal project in Australia - it uses your broadband to create a mini mobile network around your house. Sorry, not much help really!

What sort of mobile are you after? A smartphone? If so, the Orange San Francisco (AKA the ZTE Blade) is great value over here at around £90. They'll easily be unlockable, and being Android, it'll doubtless be free.
Date: August 31, 2011 01:06PM
Yes, an android smartphone :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 31, 2011 03:23PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I've come up with this selection for you, Mal.

Not sure if they're android or not, but well worth a look. ;-)

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 03:23PM by iCeMaN pAuL.
Date: August 31, 2011 03:33PM
I actually lol'd. no sh1t!

Date: September 01, 2011 04:22AM
Posted by: EC83

I used to have the one 3rd from the left, it was my 2nd ever phone. Only it was Virgin Mobile as opposed to Orange.
I've got a Nokia N8 now, w00t!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2011 04:29AM by EC83.
Date: September 01, 2011 09:43AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Id go a touchpad route to be honest. Looking at a small screen to surf the web can get annoying, and if you cant get signal, go for something bigger.

then just grab some cheap as chips crappy phone to make call/sms on, and use the touchpad for everything else.

Date: September 01, 2011 10:38AM
Just found an android touchpad on eBay for $4.00. oh wait.....it's a drawing. Jeebus!

Date: September 02, 2011 12:12AM
Posted by: Zcott
iPhone?

Date: September 02, 2011 10:13AM
Way overpriced.

Date: September 03, 2011 09:30AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
and there are far better phones out there

Date: September 03, 2011 11:33PM
Posted by: msater
The ZTE Blade is probably your best choice. It's a great little phone; three people I know have one and no one has reported any problems whatsoever with it.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 04, 2011 01:50AM
How about this?

Date: September 05, 2011 12:14AM
Posted by: msater
Meh. I'd say the Blade is better, but do whatever you think is right. Although tbh you could get a pre-owned Galaxy Tab for the same price as that ZTE V9. (Or at least you could in Britain).

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 05, 2011 02:34AM
The Galaxy Tab looks very nice, but it's a bit out of the price range I have for something I won't use all that often. I've looked at some ZTE V9 reviews and they seem ok for the money. Still looking for a second hand one in good nick. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy