HP TouchPad's

Posted by msater 
HP TouchPad's
Date: August 24, 2011 07:44PM
Posted by: msater
Who else has been trying to get a HP TouchPad while they're cheap? I've been trying all week, with no success whatsoever :(

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Re: HP TouchPad's
Date: August 24, 2011 11:24PM
Posted by: gav
I was following a thread elsewhere for the LOLs, but I've little interest in a tablet myself, even at that price and that they're apparently trying to port Android to it.

What annoys me is those who bag several of them and those who only buy to sell on Ebay. The moment something appears on HDUK, you might as well waive goodbye to your chances of getting one, as the entire country will be stocking up only to sell them on. Even when I don't want one it annoys me. Grr.
Date: August 25, 2011 12:32AM
Posted by: msater
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was following a thread elsewhere for the LOLs,
> but I've little interest in a tablet myself, even
> at that price and that they're apparently trying
> to port Android to it.
>
> What annoys me is those who bag several of them
> and those who only buy to sell on Ebay. The moment
> something appears on HDUK, you might as well waive
> goodbye to your chances of getting one, as the
> entire country will be stocking up only to sell
> them on. Even when I don't want one it annoys me.
> Grr.

Yeah it annoys me too :( The cheapest 32gb is £130 and that will go on for another 9 or so days, so it's likely to be in £200-£300 range by then :(

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 25, 2011 02:29PM
Posted by: J i m
I'll probably attract some scorn here by admitting that I'm planning to buy myself an iPad within the month. I did fleetingly (for all of about 5 seconds) think of going with a HP Touchpad, but nah.

I'm leaning towards the slate/pad concept because today, simple net browsing is pretty much all I use my computer for, I don't game, I do very little word processing etc. In my view having a iPad would increase my comfort of browsing simply by the virtue that it's smaller and even more portable than a laptop.

I'll be going with Apple, not because I'm some blinkered Apple fanboy, but because I'm used to the intuitiveness of my iPhone and many of the apps I already have via iTunes should port over. So it kind of makes sense from a continuity point of view. Are there alternatives to the iPad which as good or as desirable? Almost certainly, but I haven't spent much time researching it, and don't really care too much.

Date: August 26, 2011 10:27AM
Posted by: mortal
There's one on eBay.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 26, 2011 03:05PM
LAMO. I hope eBay let that one run, then we can laugh at the lucky moron who then throws a hissy fit that he didn't really mean to bid over ninety thousand dollars for a bit of paper.

Date: August 30, 2011 04:20PM
Well boo it's been removed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy