Apple iCloud

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
Apple iCloud
Date: June 07, 2011 08:44AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
[www.smh.com.au]

I will pay 25 USD (or whatever they'll charge out here in oz) for being able to put my *acquired* songs in the cloud and have them legitimised. Well played, apple. Well played.
Re: Apple iCloud
Date: June 07, 2011 09:49AM
Posted by: mortal
LOL, nice one. Heard about this on JJJ this morning.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 07, 2011 02:47PM
Posted by: Slash
Date: June 07, 2011 04:20PM
Posted by: Morbid
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> iCrap

QFT!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 07, 2011 05:00PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Seems like a good service really. Stream all of your library, anywhere. But either way Apple do this, they lose out.

If they only allow songs purchased through iTunes then you can't play anything you bought elsehwere.

If they allow any song you have, they have no proof it's legal. But then again, why should we just assume all songs are illegal until proven otherwise?

As for the rest of the announcements, I seen nothing exciting. The updates to iOS5 look good, but it's just ideas from other apps, nothing new. I'm looking forward to it, but it's hardly mind blowing stuff. And the WWDC was painful to watch in general. Even as an iPhone owner, I couldn't take the amount of lies and bullshit Apple make up during these conferences.

"Before Apple invented the Mac App Store, buying software was a pain. You had to drive to the shops, take out money, buy the software, drive home, get out the disk and install it."

No Steve, I have an internet connection.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 07, 2011 10:36PM
Posted by: matt3454
If icloud had streaming i would be more impressed, subsonic does a very good job for me at the moment, but it requires my pc to be always on which i very rarely do.

Any music i want to listen to is generally on my phone anyway so its not really for me.

Date: June 07, 2011 11:50PM
Posted by: Slash
i might be too stupid to properly read and understand, but i don't see much difference to Windows SkyDrive, or Microsoft Zune...

wih skydrive you get 25gb for free.. i guess it might be unlimited storage for US$25??

matt3454 Wrote:
> If icloud had streaming i would be more impressed,
> subsonic does a very good job for me at the
> moment, but it requires my pc to be always on
> which i very rarely do.
>
> Any music i want to listen to is generally on my
> phone anyway so its not really for me.

i don't work at microsoft, so please don't think i'm promoting anything, but zune already streams music to your mobile, pc or xbox

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2011 11:58PM by Slash.
Date: June 08, 2011 01:17PM
Posted by: matt3454
Can you upload your own songs to zune?

Im just not interested in buying music online though, I still like buying CD's / vinyl.

Date: June 08, 2011 09:39PM
Posted by: marcl
You only get 5GB for free after that you have to pay.

I have 60GB of music hate to think what that will cost. Plus 3G in the UK is rubbish so half the time I will get nothing plus we have a rubbish data allowance.
Date: June 08, 2011 11:10PM
Posted by: msater
Once Music by Google/Google Music comes out in the UK, I'm using that. My entire web life is based around Google (Android, Gmail, Gdocs, Gcal), so hopefully soon I can add Gmusic to that list as well :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2011 11:10PM by msater.
Date: June 09, 2011 01:50AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
marcl Wrote:
> You only get 5GB for free after that you have to
> pay.
>
> I have 60GB of music hate to think what that will
> cost. Plus 3G in the UK is rubbish so half the
> time I will get nothing plus we have a rubbish
> data allowance.

Then get a better network provider or contract, it's actually pretty good in the UK. Much better than the US. With public wifi on the increase data allowances over 3G/HSDPA will become less of an issue.

Date: June 09, 2011 08:01AM
Posted by: gav
msater
Once Music by Google/Google Music comes out in the UK, I'm using that. My entire web life is based around Google (Android, Gmail, Gdocs, Gcal), so hopefully soon I can add Gmusic to that list as well

I've not tried it myself, but apparently using a US proxy allows you to sign up (though I still think you need an invite). Once you've got it, you don't need a proxy.
Date: June 09, 2011 04:35PM
Posted by: msater
gav Wrote:
> > Once Music by Google/Google Music comes out in
> the UK, I'm using that. My entire web life is
> based around Google (Android, Gmail, Gdocs, Gcal),
> so hopefully soon I can add Gmusic to that list as
> well
>
>
> I've not tried it myself, but apparently using a
> US proxy allows you to sign up (though I still
> think you need an invite). Once you've got it, you
> don't need a proxy.

I did do that (proxy) about a week ago, but I haven't received an invite yet. Then again, I might be just being impatient ;)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: June 11, 2011 01:59PM
Posted by: Zcott
I'll take one iCloud please with an iOS5.

Date: June 13, 2011 11:46AM
Posted by: Willb
marcl Wrote:
> You only get 5GB for free after that you have to
> pay.
>
> I have 60GB of music hate to think what that will
> cost. Plus 3G in the UK is rubbish so half the
> time I will get nothing plus we have a rubbish
> data allowance.

Yes, but alot of stuff doesn't count towards your 5GB limit. Out of your 60GB how much of that is available on the iTunes store, because all of that music wont count towards your limit. Neither do Apps, The 5GB ends up just being 5GB for your personal data really. Also, all your 60GB that is available on the iTunes store you will get in 256 bit AAC (which is probably better than what you ripped it in unless you change any default settings.)

Of course, zune streams to devices, but the nice thing with iCloud is the synchronization between devices, it would be nice if you could stream and mark playlists for offline listening as I do with spotify on the iPhone, but even without this iCloud looks like it could be quite good.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: June 13, 2011 12:19PM
Zcott Wrote:
> I'll take one iCloud please with an iOS5.

Beta of iOS5 is excellent. There are indeed some performance issues with some of the standard apps which have been updated. AppStore, Weather, Music and the new Reminders App hang every so often but it's not too bad. Some 3rd party apps now have minor display issues, usually regarding the menus not lining up perfectly. Facebook, Osfoora, Alien Blue all have minor display issues. 360 News App doesn't display any news at all now, so unless the world's just gotten lovely and happy suddenly, that Apps broken. :P

But the plus sides are much better. New (finally) notification centre is awesome. Quick access camera has already proven useful too. And yes, someone is bound to reply saying "Pfff, well my Android phone did that 2 years ago". Yeah well my Phillips Savy did phone calls and texts before Android was even thought of, hipster.

iCloud seems quite cool, but I'm not interested in the music storage stuff. Just syncing everything else.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 13, 2011 03:01PM
Posted by: marcl
Yes I did not read that stuff bought on iTunes wont count so thats cool then.
Date: June 13, 2011 09:40PM
iCloud menus currently.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy