Re: Osama Bin Laden killed **SENSITIVE**
Date: May 03, 2011 01:37AM
Posted by: LeeBeau
Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> curious thing
> Bin LadenĀ“s family was a sponsor of Williams in
> 1979-80

i find more curious that bin laden family had ties with bush sr. & jr. (and hussein aswell) in the petroleum industry that broke some time before 9/11 happened. i don't really care if he lives or not, they'll still have religion as an excuse for whatever they do when it really isn't, i hate how everyone's stuck in the middle ages (the royal wedding thing is another example but that's a joyous event and the only ridiculous thing about it is the actual ceremony).

p.s. yes, atheist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 01:38AM by LeeBeau.
Date: May 03, 2011 07:19AM
Posted by: Vader
LeeBeau
they'll still have religion as an excuse for whatever they do

Of course it's way better to be killed for economic or scientific reasons than because of religion.

LeeBeau
i hate how everyone's stuck in the middle ages

No worrries. Looking at what happens in Egypt, Syria, Lybia, Yemen and so on they went twice as fast from the Middle Ages to the Age of Enlightment then we did.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 03, 2011 12:32PM
completely agree with your point of view but i'd like to add that i obviously don't see there being any excuse for killing anyone (utopia) but we could get moar philosophical but that would just be so off-topic so i'll just throw out an idea that irrationality destroys itself and in some cases everything that's around it ;)

edit: also what i meant was that religion is brought as the reason for certain deeds even when it's not and is fed to the people who gladly accept that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 12:39PM by LeeBeau.
Date: May 03, 2011 08:30PM
And you would be surprised how many so called religious leaders who comitted genocides actually were atheists.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 04, 2011 02:38AM
Posted by: EC83
Well the speculation about the after-effects of this is well underway - accusations that Pakistan was harbouring bin Laden, and annoyance from Pakistan that America carried out this operation in their country without their permission :-/

Date: May 04, 2011 11:09AM
Posted by: danm
lets give them another few hundred million. that ought to do for a few more weeks.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 04, 2011 12:53PM
Vader Wrote:
> And you would be surprised

not at all, it's clear that to turn people's beliefs into institutions you need brains not faith in god(s) or whatnot. I wasn't suggesting that the ones bringing that excuse are religious themselves and are not aiming for something absolutely different.

Again, don't get me wrong but imo pakistan has every right to be pissed if they honestly hadn't given permission. Also, just because they come from a different cultural background, doesn't mean they're wrong in allegedly harbouring bin laden - a man who in a lot of their eyes backlashed to the cultures that came to invade their (islamic) lands (be it for oil or something else). The bottom line imo is that it's a long-lasting dispute and will definitely not end well for the side who a certain president called 'evil', so either get on with it (which probably has as many supporters as bin laden) or back off (which probably has equal support).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2011 12:57PM by LeeBeau.
Date: May 04, 2011 03:06PM
All we hear are conflicting statements and it's (as usual) hard to tell what is propaganda (on both sides), defensive strategy or the "truth" (don't ask me). Unless the US gov let's us see the video they streamed into White House we can't be sure.

About Pakistan - who says they haven't been involved? All we have is the statemenmt of the US and the Pakistam gov - but what does that really mean? If the Pakistan gov knew about it and gave green light (not that a "NO" would had stopped US anyway) there could be revolts now. Maybe they pretend not to have known about it now to calm down their people? And the US wouldn't be interested in a Pakistan in upheaval so they play along? Are we all paranoid by now?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 04, 2011 04:56PM
Vader Wrote:
> Maybe they
> pretend not to have known about it now to calm
> down their people? And the US wouldn't be
> interested in a Pakistan in upheaval so they play
> along?

This could well be the most accurate theory IMO, yep.

Date: May 04, 2011 06:04PM
Ah well. Obama Martinis all round then?

Only takes 2 shots. And a splash of water.

:P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2011 10:47PM by danm.
Date: May 04, 2011 06:37PM
Navy SEALS:

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 04, 2011 08:59PM
Posted by: loren
Pakistan doesn't have much right to be pissed. They've either been harboring the world's most wanted man or they're totally unobservant and incompetant, or more likely, some of both. Letting them know could have compromised the whole thing.
Date: May 04, 2011 09:22PM
loren
Pakistan doesn't have much right to be pissed. They've either been harboring the world's most wanted man or they're totally unobservant and incompetant, or more likely, some of both. Letting them know could have compromised the whole thing.

Maybe even this is only half the truth.

'Pakistan told US about compound in 2009'

[tribune.com.pk]

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 04, 2011 10:14PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Bin Laden's dead. The world's pretty much the same as it was before.

All he did was stand as a figurehead, and there's no way he was the single brain behind the operation. The more dangerous people are working behind the scenes.

Please pardon my cynicism.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: May 05, 2011 06:25PM

Date: May 06, 2011 02:16AM
Posted by: The Lopper
The latest iOS release to fix the iPhone location tracking 'bug' came a few days late for Mr. Bin Laden....

Gosh, maybe now I can buy guitar pedals abroad and NOT cause incidents at airport security!
Date: May 06, 2011 03:04AM
I love how there's one of those annoying spam/virus links going round Facebook which promises to show you a photo of bin Laden after he'd been shot, Obama has gone on record as saying that no such photos are going to get released, but people keep on clicking the link anyway.
Much win.

Date: May 06, 2011 09:58AM
yeah, its only the doctored one they released a few years ago anyway.

Date: May 06, 2011 03:23PM

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 06, 2011 06:48PM
Posted by: alexf1man
mortal Wrote:
> We have a winner. +1 (Y)

+2 i.e. a bi-winner ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy