Capture cards..?? Record DVD's & VHS on to my HD

Posted by ipswich2007 
Hi people getting bored of my ever growing DVD & VHS collection, just want to get rid of the vids :P what is the easiest/cheapest way of converting them to my HD in mp4/avi format

I dont care about file size, but i do care about file quality so again whats the best way to do this but either keep the quality or make the quality of the vhs rip better?

thanks in advance for any help

all the best,

nathan

Re: Capture cards..?? Record DVD's & VHS on to my HD
Date: June 04, 2010 01:36PM
Posted by: gav
Cheapest and easiest way of converting DVDs? Handbrake.

Easiest way of converting VHS? A VHS/DVD combo box which will record from VHS to DVD and then convert from the DVD using Handbrake. Not cheap though.

There are cheapish USB capture devices such as this, but frankly they've always been rubbish for me.
Gav, thanks for such a good quick answer :) Last question best way of doing it in terms of quality?

Also is there no way of just vcr-pc through a cable of some sort?

All the best

Nathan

Date: June 04, 2010 02:52PM
Posted by: gav
Quality in my experience will be the one I mentioned. VCR > DVD > Handbrake or equivalent program.

The USB thing is direct from VCR to PC.
Date: June 04, 2010 10:45PM
Posted by: Vader
I have a Terratec Cinergy 600 TV card. Old already but still perfect quality for watching TV on the PC or recording VHS stuff digitally.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
how do i go about ripping 720p/i 1080p/i images to my pc?

all of this stuff confuses me lol

should i just list lol

i would like -

to be able to watch HD tv and normal tv channels
to record and save live programming on both hd and normal channels what i mean by this is both bbc1 and bbc hd for example
to capture video& sound from vhs/vcr & dvd's

to be able to save my recordings in high def - 720p/i 1080p/i .mkv .ts x264 etc..

would perhaps one of you be able to find me a decent card that meets this?

thanks in advance for all help

all the best

nathan

Date: June 06, 2010 10:29AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
saw this in pc world couple month ago.

[www.pcworld.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy