R.I.P. Peter Steele

Posted by Vader 
R.I.P. Peter Steele
Date: April 15, 2010 08:44PM
Posted by: Vader
Yesterday (April 14) the world of metal/hardcore/industrial/goth/rock music lost one of its most influential artists over the last two decades.

Peter Steele, lead singer, bass player and mastermind behind NYC based band Type O Negative died of a heart failure at the age of just 48.

I'm proud to have met the "green giant" and to have talked to him on serveral occassions over here in Europe in the past. It feels like I lost a friend.

Godspeed and may you finally find the peace in death you never found in life. See you on th eother side.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: R.I.P. Peter Steele
Date: April 15, 2010 09:34PM
Posted by: Frantic
RIP Peter. A very sad loss :( You´ll never be forgotten

Date: April 15, 2010 10:28PM
Posted by: rocker
RIP Peter Steele :( really sad news...

My condolences Vader, it is really bad when we lose someone we admire.

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: April 16, 2010 05:22AM
Posted by: Morbid
I guess he finally got his wish fulfilled. What a void he leaves behind :(

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 05:23AM by Morbid.
Date: April 16, 2010 09:24PM
Posted by: Vader
I thought he wouldn't make it through 2007 but just a few weeks ago he looked older but better then he had in a long time. I guess he would have laughed at the irony of surviving years of coke and booze and then dying from heart failure after being sober and clean for almost one and a half year.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 17, 2010 01:57PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I only got into Type O Negative recently, I only checked up a few days ago to see if there was any chance that they'd be playing anywhere in Europe this summer. God speed, Peter. :(
Date: April 20, 2010 11:09PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Never had the change to see TON live. But the "Bloody Kisses" album is one of the best of all time for me...

RIP Peter!

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy