Just bought...

Posted by Frantic 
Just bought...
Date: December 11, 2009 03:25PM
Posted by: Frantic
...this

now... i have a doubt... im playing "Crazy Train" live in about 10 days. the amp has 2 types of distortion. one is more heavier than the other... which do you think will fit better with the song? the 1st dist. has a song moreless like Page´s guitar in early Led Zeppelin days. The other sounds more like Night Ranger.

what do you think?

Re: Just bought...
Date: December 12, 2009 06:54PM
Posted by: harjinator
play the song in practice on both and see whcih sounds better to you. if you get to soundcheck, get a bandmate to stand at the back of the venue and try both - too much distortion can be a bad thing, just go with what you like though. I'm slowly learning this through experience - don't try and copy tones, create your own.. (I'm on a Vox Valvetronix, loads of tone variations on that - am trying to perfect a nice clean tone at the moment, the problem beaing my Ibanez is a bit hot pickups wise and won't play nice and mellow... it just wants aggro all the time!)

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Re: Just bought...
Date: December 12, 2009 09:50PM
Posted by: smorr
More distortion FTW. So long as you can CONTROL it. Or, if you have some sort of distortion / OD pedal, you might try the first OD channel, then give it a slight boost.

Either way, your still not likely to get Randy's tone. So trying to copy it would be pretty darn pointless. But I think you'd benefit from a more 80's type of tone.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy