Muse?

Posted by mortal 
Re: Muse?
Date: August 17, 2009 05:35PM
Posted by: smorr
Errr, to answer the original question... I basically sum it up as the Guitar whackiness of Rage Against the Machine, Some of the best basslines since The Who, solid drumming, and a guy who sings all operatic at times, yet keeps it listenable. Heck, Muse is really a polar shift from what I usually listen to (I love me some classic metal!) so, I would make sure to give it a go, you likely won't be disappointed.

Citizen Erased Live (Not as good as the studio version IMO. Took out the "WTF! was that?" parts of the solo) This song, is basically Muse in a single package, it has it all.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Fury (Which shoulda been on Absolution. The track that replaced it on there wasn't NEARLY this good) (IIRC, it was "The Small Print" which, just didn't do it)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

@Gui - I've only heard Muse on the radio here ONCE, and it was at around 130 AM on some random station. HAARP and Hullabaloo seem quite easy enough to find here. But yes, If only they would come to... (Realistically) Des Moines, I'd make the trip to see em.

Hey Muse! Wake up! They had Metallica, why you sitttin on your duffs!? Get over here.

The Flanker is gone. :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 06:11PM by smorr.
Date: August 17, 2009 05:51PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I ended up seeing Muse when I was in Rio de Janeiro, they came to some cities in 2006 but that was it :(.

Smorrosaurus, for the videos try [ youtube ][ /youtube ]
Date: August 17, 2009 06:29PM
Posted by: Monza972
Agree with the Fury bit, they should've put it on the main album and then the TSP for the b-side. I think it was Dom (the drummer ;))who suggested that they put Fury as the Japanese bonus track
Date: August 17, 2009 07:26PM
Posted by: LS.
Got my tickets for the Resistence tour in November, and cannot wait after seeing the dvd of them live at wembley in 2008

best live band on the planet!

love Nature1 from Hulabaloo too, try and listen to "Glorious" also, its a B-side that shouldve made it on an album, its one of my particular favourites :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 18, 2009 12:29AM
Posted by: mortal
I never realised they are so popular, non-existent on the air-waves here. Maybe they get some air play on Triple J. I've put my order in for cd's for Father's Day. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 18, 2009 12:35AM
Posted by: Nickv
They're non-existent everywhere, bar the UK ;)

I've never particularly liked them. It's not bad, but they seem to miss that little bit of power in their songs, which make them slightly boring to me.

I've only ever heard one song of them, so my view might not be very representative ;)

EDIT: OK, I've just heard Uprising and that seems to have some power in it. I'll just keep my gob shut and leave :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 12:37AM by Nickv.
Date: August 18, 2009 02:47AM
Posted by: Fincent
My favourite band, always has been and probably always will be. Seen them live once a few years back when they were touring Black Holes and Revelations, such a good gig! I was lucky to get tickets for the Resistance tour in november, so I look forward to that massively :) . I dont know what it is, but I find Matt's eccentricity so fascinating, like the way he plays his instruments and creates the sounds that he does just captures me like no other band.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: August 18, 2009 10:04AM
Posted by: Enjoi
I really like Origin of Symmetry - that's the album that got me into Muse. I saw them live at the MEN a couple of years ago and thought they were amazing, saw them at V last year but they werent as good (I think that's just a festival thing...).

Anyone seen this clip from Live and Kicking? I think this shows Matt's piano skills...he can make it play without touching it lol :P

">

Ric Scott

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 10:06AM by Enjoi.
Date: August 18, 2009 10:42AM
Here you go Mortal :)

[www.musewiki.org]

fill your boots!

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 18, 2009 11:46AM
Woah, thanks for that.:-) I'm getting Black Holes and Revelations and Origin of Symmetry for Dad's Day. W00t. :-) Map of the Problematique is a download but I can't find it, not that I've looked all that hard for it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 18, 2009 12:00PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Woah, I had no idea that Muse were THAT popular. Reading this thread makes it seem like they own music.
Date: August 18, 2009 12:19PM
After watching some of the Wembley concert on youtube, it's fair to say they do. ;)

Date: August 18, 2009 12:42PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Hey, I HAVE seen them live, they're good, not the best mind, that spot is reserved for a little known Kilkenny grunge band, but they are good. As a recorded band, I just never warmed to them. In fairness, it would seem at this stage that Kings of Leon own music in this part of the world.
Date: August 18, 2009 03:01PM
Posted by: Monza972
Kings of Leon cannot be compared to the mighty Muse :p
Date: August 18, 2009 06:09PM
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Woah, thanks for that.:-) I'm getting Black Holes
> and Revelations and Origin of Symmetry for Dad's
> Day. W00t. :-) Map of the Problematique is a
> download but I can't find it, not that I've looked
> all that hard for it.

You must also get the album Absolution, it has some of their best stuff on it, Stockholm syndrome, Hysteria, Butterflies & Hurricanes, sing for absolution.

One of my favourite album tracks on that album is titled Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, and its the lead singer coming to terms with his own mortality, from the view point of being on his deathbed knowing the is nothing left once he dies, awesome song.

If you look on that muse wiki site i posted above and click on the left hand box where it says songs, it gives you a description of what is behind the meaning of the lyrics, lot of them are about secret governments and conspiracy theories, interesting stuff :)

Oh, an another hidden gem that didnt make it onto an album, but was released as a B-side is a song called "Crying shame" another personal favourite( i sweat at the thought of trying to play it on guitar its that fast!)

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 06:11PM by LS..
Date: August 18, 2009 06:50PM
Abbey Road Studios Live Performances

Knights of Cydonia

">

Starlight

">

Map of the problematique

&feature=related">
&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 18, 2009 07:02PM
Posted by: harjinator
@LS Crying Shame isn't that hard, it's just a question of timing really! My fave off Absolution is The Small Print (both as a track and to play on guitar as well - sounds better at a slightly higher speed though)

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: August 18, 2009 07:15PM
It is when you have hands like shovels like i do! :)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 18, 2009 07:33PM
Posted by: Muks_C
awesome band, i love 'em. i have all their albums and Hullabaloo too. haven't seen them live yet though.

turn your woofers up and play Hysteria, let the bassline shake your house, it's f-in brilliant.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 18, 2009 07:36PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Crying shame is the b-side to Super massive Black Hole I think

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy