Date: July 21, 2009 04:01PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
i think you may have missed the joke there philip :P

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Re: Michael Jackson 1958-2009
Date: July 21, 2009 05:29PM
Posted by: msater
I don't care. I miss a lot of jokes.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: October 30, 2009 08:07PM
Posted by: Muks_C
*gravedig*

sorry, maybe shouldn't have written that ;)

I saw "This Is It" today.

when it was announced he would do this set of concerts, i thought they would be rubbish, that he wouldn't be able to live up to the expectation or his own reputation, thinking his singing would be poor and his dancing not like it used to be. but seeing the footage, despite his frail appearance, my doubts have been dispelled. his singing was as good as ever, and his dancing was pretty much the same too.

the show would have been fantastic, seeing how much they put into it with the on-stage performances of Michael and his dancers and musicians, plus all the special mini-movies/clips they shot to be played on the giant screen behind him, it would have been worth every penny to be there and experience it had it actually taken place. each song was like a mini event, not just an artist reeling through his songs.

i think 50 dates would have been too much though, unless he did 2 or 3 nights, then had 3 days off to recover.

i didn't feel emotional or sad watching it, but just kept thinking over and over again that it was such a shame that the final show didn't happen. but at least the footage exists showing us how good it would have been.

i do think, however, that during the first couple of minutes of the film, the interviews with his dancers was faked, shot after his death especially for the movie, but they have made it appear as if it is documentary footage from when the dancers were first chosen and had just flown in to start rehearsals. their sincerity just looks so fake, like they are acting in a bad soap opera.
i could be wrong about that though.

but overall, if you are a fan of his, then definitely go and watch it. the screening i went to at 2:30pm this afternoon was virtually empty, maybe 20 people maximum. so you still have a chance before it's cinema run is over.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 30, 2009 11:44PM
Posted by: Vader
The film had the chance to show the real MJ, his loneliness, his mental confusion, his inabilty to remember lyrics or just to climb stairs without help or the fact that he would never ever stood a chance to survive the comeback tour - yet it just glorified the myth without any real critical approach. The director should have prefered a reality check over a pay check. Thumbs down for me for a film that missed a lot of opportunities.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 31, 2009 02:04AM
Posted by: ralv585
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The film had the chance to show the real MJ, his
> loneliness, his mental confusion, his inabilty to
> remember lyrics or just to climb stairs without
> help or the fact that he would never ever stood a
> chance to survive the comeback tour - yet it just
> glorified the myth without any real critical
> approach. The director should have prefered a
> reality check over a pay check. Thumbs down for me
> for a film that missed a lot of opportunities.

the film was always meant to showcase what the show would have been like, with some behind the scene footage of what was going on with michael at the time.

if you've seen the documentary, living with michael, that pretty much sums up his loneliness and confusion, this was more for the fans to see the show.

i haven't seen the film yet, but that's what i've heard it supposed to be

Date: October 31, 2009 12:24PM
Posted by: Muks_C
exactly, this is just to show us what the concerts would have been like.

and of course, Kenny Ortega worked with MJ and was a fan and a friend, so a film he directed was only ever going to show MJ in a positive light.

a tip for anyone who is going to see it, stay till after the end credits, there are a few seconds of extra footage of rehearsals not shown in the main body of the film, and a bit extra with the "Earth Child."

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 31, 2009 04:52PM
Posted by: EC83
I haven't seen This Is It yet, but I'm hoping to soon.

Also, the Bo' Selecta! tribute, Cha'mone Mo'Fo' Selecta!, will be shown on Channel 4 in November, after being shown on E4 a few weeks back:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2009 05:11PM by EC83.
Date: June 25, 2010 11:52PM
Posted by: msater
Well, 1 year since he died...what does everyone think now? I personally have a huge amount of respect for him and still enjoy listening to his music.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: June 26, 2010 12:12AM
He's still dead, I still don't like his music and I am still sure he was a pedo.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 26, 2010 04:25AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Music taste won't change, Billie Jean is still my favorite MJ song. I watched This Is It on Netflix and was disappointed, luckily I watched it on the free trial.
Date: June 26, 2010 05:29AM
Posted by: EC83
Black Or White is my favourite, has been for ages, probably always will be. The songs from Thriller are pretty good too IMO.

Regarding the child abuse allegations, I've always believed they were false, and further evidence of this that's come out since he died(such as the small matter of Jordan Chandler admitting he lied) has only served to intensify my belief. As much as I despise paedos and think they're the scum of the Earth, I honestly don't think MJ ever was one.

Date: June 26, 2010 09:54AM

For this alone he had derserved to have his balls nailed to a tree.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 26, 2010 11:02AM
Posted by: senna9194
The only MJ song I listened was Thriller.After that I was confused...definitely not my favourite kind of music...

My GPGSL Career
Date: June 26, 2010 03:41PM
Posted by: Covfan
He's dead?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy