Stung by a bee

Posted by Covfan 
Stung by a bee
Date: June 16, 2009 05:53AM
Posted by: Covfan
£30 for a jar of honey? Fecking rip off!
Re: Stung by a bee
Date: June 16, 2009 06:46AM
Posted by: abdelkader
Holy sheet!!! Where do you get such honey? It must be from those Chernobyl bees :P

If we're talking about rip offs - I went to London last year and wanted to get myself a beer. I looked at the shelf in the shop and saw the prices: "Guinness - around 4 quid, Foster's - around 4 quid, Carling - around 4 quid, Zywiec - around 4 quid".
That's amazing - I go to London to see that my native, Polish "Zywiec" beer costs as much as Guinness which, back here in Poland, normally costs twice as much as Zywiec :)

Date: June 16, 2009 12:07PM
Posted by: Covfan
Yep, that's London for you, taking advantage of the Eastern European migration towards Britain.
Date: June 16, 2009 12:53PM
I didn't mean anything wrong :) I just underlined the differences in prices. Two countries - two different prices for the same stuff. Actually, I didn't feel ripped off. It just amazes me that two products cost the same in one country while in the other one the prices differ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 12:55PM by abdelkader.
Date: June 16, 2009 02:19PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Get Beamish. Cheaper and nicer than Guinness.

Other than that, if you think honey is expensive, try cheese. What the @#$%& like? It's like, gone-off butter, and it's three times as expensive.
Date: June 16, 2009 04:16PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll bear that in mind next time :)

Date: June 16, 2009 11:25PM
Posted by: Vader
If it's top quality and not industrially produced £30 is a fair price.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 19, 2009 02:51AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
come up north cheaper and stronger beer :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy