Race car drawings and more!

Posted by Ferrari_Enzo 
Re: F1/race car drawings
Date: August 29, 2009 04:24PM
Posted by: Webber Fan
Smorr that looks nice. Dont overdo it, it looks great that simple. And make some american muscle cars in that technique :)

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
Date: August 29, 2009 06:26PM
Posted by: Enjoi
Franchitti I did for Dave Ellis

Ric Scott
Date: August 29, 2009 07:03PM
Posted by: smorr
Thanks, Enjoi, it was drawn/redrawn in Illustrator, then rotated and signed in Photoshop, but basically Illustrator to keep scalability (As I'm said, I'm not sure how big I want to print it off)

...And I'll do a muscle car, though this one will be modern. I should do something else, but, screw it. Cars are to fun to do ;)

And man that is a nice drawing Enjoi. Fantastic shading!

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: August 29, 2009 07:15PM
How did you do that??? In what program? It looks like photo.

Date: August 31, 2009 01:32PM
cheers Smorr!

Webber Fan : I used adobe illustrator and worked from an original photo - so I can't claim to have sketched it before hand :P

Ric Scott
Date: August 31, 2009 07:01PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ric you're sooo good at those, I almost feel like asking if you could do something for myself, which would end up being my PS3 background but that's just selfish of me to ask ;).

Congrats, and nice one Smorr, though I dislike the Radical and the spokes :P.
Date: August 31, 2009 09:04PM
Cheater! ;) Either way it still looks good Enjoi.

Ohhh how nice of you Gui. Atleast I know my tarmac meets Gui's standards! ;)

I was gonna make the wheels more detailed (As in make it look like they have depth) but well, that was to much. I need to get started on another project....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 09:06PM by smorr.
Date: September 01, 2009 07:03PM
Well, not actually racing pic but lets say its racing theme :)
Can you tell me who this is? :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 07:04PM by Webber Fan.
Date: September 02, 2009 06:04PM
Hey Gui, what would you want exactly? Might be able to rustle something up! Good to hear you have a PS3 - I think my psn name thingy is HawkeyeRS.

Not sure who that is Webber Fan but I don't watch much bike racing, I'm sure if I did I'd be able to as it looks like a good characiture! :)

Ric Scott
Date: September 02, 2009 06:27PM
I'll just throw a name out there, Capirossi ;).

Enjoi, I'm Guimengo there so just add me! I am undecided... thinking maybe a footy theme, like an angle where the "camera" is on the pitch at night between the goalie box and midfield, and looking at the other goal but showing the fan area. Maybe a Santiago Bernabéu look to it, so there's a nice contrast between the well-lit grass and the darker area behind the other goal... or some Rossi stuff, like a zoom in on him cornering. I miss his Honda days but I like the color scheme of his Yamaha since 2007.
Date: September 02, 2009 06:53PM
Posted by: gav
It looks like Jorge, but the Suzuki says otherwise. ;)
Date: September 02, 2009 08:27PM
It looks a bit like Lorenzo, but its Ben Spies :) He drove couple of races for them last year and Im a great fan of him so I decided to do his caricature.

Date: September 03, 2009 01:35AM
Posted by: chet
Cant say ive got a drawing, but at least close...

Today I got, half a confirmation on my FYP. If I do get my first choice I will have to use either Catia or Solidwords to model a windtunnel. However the extent of my experince on either extends to a wing or a joint of some kind, so I thought id have a play. Turns out I can use only 2 tools lol.

A few hours later, using only the 2 of many many available tools I have this. The use of 2 tools explains why's its quite 'boxy' and not really smooth. Aside from the wheels the rest is accurate(ish!) to regulations (unsure about the lower wing planes too). However, before learning the other tools theres not much more I can do! Good fun though!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 03, 2009 06:31PM
oh gawd, Chets building a car! That should be interesting ;)

Date: September 03, 2009 11:28PM
Posted by: danm
chet is that catia or solidworks? easy to pickup without 3d experience?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: September 04, 2009 04:53AM
@Enjoi:

These are some ideas:

The pitch image would be similar to this but just a bit higher off the ground and at night (though there it isn't facing the other goal straight on):

or this but from the waist up:

Date: September 04, 2009 11:33AM
Posted by: harjinator
ahhh, solidworks! if you need any help chet, pm me or something - i had to use it on my placement all last year. That f1 car would look so nice with some lofted surfaces over the top of the nosecone (mmm curvy). It's still a good start though - though you need a chamfer on your wheels, and mebbe a delve into the appearances tab to make them look like rubber!

Would you be using flow-works on your windtunnel model? Sounds like an awesome project. unfortunately for me, loughborough decided "oh, solidworks is industry standard, so let's use something else!" I'm stuck with NX5 which is just so clunky it's untrue!

@danm, solidworks is quite easy to pick up. best thing is its customisabliity... you can create your own toolbars, or set up your own shortcuts for nearly anything (I have all the autocad shortcuts set up for everything as that's what i was originally trained on!)

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: September 04, 2009 02:24PM
Im gonna have a play, and probably will ask for help :p

Would you be using flow-works on your windtunnel model? Sounds like an awesome project. unfortunately for me, loughborough decided "oh, solidworks is industry standard, so let's use something else!" I'm stuck with NX5 which is just so clunky it's untrue!

I doubt it looks most likley to be STAR-CCM+. Something else ill have to learn!! Will be an interesting project, using results taken from from a 1st year lab (pressure distribution over a NACA 23012 at different AoA and velocitys) validate how effective the CFD is, and what errors could be a cause of different results, maybe with the windtunnel itself or the computer model.

Date: September 05, 2009 04:40PM
Posted by: sasjag
Solidworks is awesome, and ridiculously easy to use!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 05, 2009 10:31PM
Nice sig :p!

From CAD packages used for me its by far been the best to pick up and use.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy