My Own Euro Trip

Posted by torana_05 
Re: My Own Euro Trip
Date: July 05, 2012 02:10PM
Posted by: torana_05
hey fullas its been awhile since my last post so i thought id post an update and my nearly final calendar just a couple of things to add at the start and end of it but everything else is basically locked in.

basically staying in hostels most of the time but managed to get myself a room in Milan for the f1 that is close to the station that takes me to the track. Got a grand stand ticket for 3 days at the exit of ascari so after doing 3 gps in Melbourne including the year, I am finally locked in at Monza, is anyone else going and want to catch up? Doing Imola as well gonna catch a train from Bologna and do that as a walk around but the Ducati tour may not be going ahead as they sent me an email that they were not doing tours because of the earthquakes last month, hopefully it will still be a go ahead. Still obviously doing the Russian Scandi tour at the start and Oktoberfest in Munich. Very happy as after spending my last two birthdays in outback towns and working 12 hr days on them in Australia i will spend my birthday at nearly the end of my tour in Warsaw, so very chuffed about that. Got an Auschwitz tour booked as well in Krakow but not sure what else maybe just a short walking tour and then free time i guess. Got some other tours in other cities like hop on hop off but not that many i am looking at the free walking tours that my brother did as he said they were good for meeting people, and good value as well. I am going to see my brother in Italy after the gp for Florence, Rome Nice, Monaco and Amsterdam and then stay at his apartment in Dublin for accom. Thinking about going up to Belfast for a day or two can anyone recommend places to stop into or on the way that would be worth while but on a limited time? Also booked a Stonehenge, Avebury, Lacock & Castle Combe Full Day Tour that sounds alright. Then when i fly back into Brisbane hop on another plane and see my mate in Perth as i never see him, i thought i may aswell as i am spending all this money why not. I Have taken a couple of things out such as Nurburgring as it was going to cost over $1200 just to do a lap of the ring by the time i factor the ride, accom transfers i just thought the money could be better spent somewhere else. ( i know, i know but its alot of money, maybe when i go the next time ;)) Ferrari is out too i just couldn't fit it in as it was a pain in the ass to get to Milan then Modena then the free shuttle that transfers between the two museums in Enzo Museum in Modena and and the actual Ferrari in Maranello would leave shortly after i got to Maranello so it was too hectic and it got cut. plus to get there it would take three or four trains and i heard that Italian public transport is not that reliable. But overall i am happy with what i got so i cannot wait. Shitting my pants though as it is really starting to dawn on me that some of the places i can't speak a drop of the language so its going to be one hell of an experience. but anyway if anyone is interested in catching up or lending info that would be great.

Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I'll come for a pint or two in Bath mate :)

If your still keen i am too i am stayin at St. Christophers Backpackers.

Date: July 05, 2012 02:58PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
> Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yeah, I'll come for a pint or two in Bath mate
> :)
>
> If your still keen i am too i am stayin at St.
> Christophers Backpackers.

This now depends on various factors...whether I'm in the area at that time should all be made clear next month :)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: July 07, 2012 09:58AM
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> > Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Yeah, I'll come for a pint or two in Bath
> mate
> > :)
> >
> > If your still keen i am too i am stayin at St.
> > Christophers Backpackers.
>
> This now depends on various factors...whether I'm
> in the area at that time should all be made clear
> next month :)

No dramas just let me know

Date: February 19, 2013 12:41PM
Well after my 3 months last year I have bitten the bullet. Got myself a working holiday, 2 yr visa for the uk. leave in just over 1 months time. Hoping to live in Edinburgh can anyone give me some tips, pointers on housing, like areas that are cheap but not a dive that would be worth looking at. Also cheap and nice places to go out, eat, nightlife and other general stuff. thanks

Date: February 19, 2013 12:57PM
Posted by: danm
Edinburgh!? Jesus.

Tip 1 - do NOT be cocky or try and get into ANY argument with a Scotsman. They are as hard as nails. You will be destroyed.

Tip 2 - don't eat battered mars bars. They're vile.

Tip 3 - Pack some warm clothes, its cold. And windy.

Tip 4 - aim to grow a beard. Preferably a ginger one. You will fit in. Just like McBeard Ellis himself. Och aye.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 19, 2013 01:22PM
Posted by: gav
1) At least he's picked the right half of Scotland. I know it's dependant on the area you're in, but I've found Edinburgh to be nice... Glasgow on the other hand... hmm.

2) Do try it. You will die from it, but it'll be worth it.

3) Yeah... compared to Aussieland, it'll feel like 5,000 feet up in the air in the arctic.

4) And it will help with point 3.

5) Join us on our BTCC Knockhill weekend later this year. We'll do the usual karting too (outdoor this time, because it's just better).
Date: February 20, 2013 08:42PM
Thanks guys.
Sounds like you know from experience damn.
Haha yer i know its going to be allot colder. winter is going to the problem as we get that cold but not quite aslong as that.
I've already got a beard so thats a tick
That would be great how far away is knockhill and what dates?

Date: February 20, 2013 09:34PM
Posted by: gav
Knockhill from Edinburgh is about 5 minutes. It seems that way at 7:30am in the morning and you've driven the 130 miles from England anyway. Probably about 20 minutes. It's literally drive across a big bridge, drive for 5 minutes up a road, then some country lanes. :)

We normally go karting in England on the Saturday beforehand though then book a few rooms somewhere (probably up in Scotland this year). You're more than welcome to join us. Hopefully Eddy (EC83) and Dave Ellis can join us. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2013 09:35PM by gav.
Date: February 26, 2013 11:34PM
Posted by: EC83
I live in Dundee, which is about 50 miles away from Edinburgh - or one short bus ride away. Think you've made a pretty damn good choice - it's a bit expensive to live there, but apart from that it's got everything going for it. There's even a huge arts festival, called the Edinburgh Fringe, which is held every year during August - it draws millions of people from all over the world. I go to it every year, it's awesome. You'd probably love it, even if you're not an "arty" person. But there's loads more too which is there on a permanent basis.

I'm hoping to join the guys at Knockhill this year, as Gav said, and I wouldn't mind meeting you at the same time - going by your posts here you seem like someone I'd get on with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 11:35PM by EC83.
Date: February 27, 2013 09:11PM
awesome. Cant wait to get there just putting a little holiday together before i go through Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia and Slovenia. Lets hope i will be able to find a job there cause if i don't i may have to move, but we will see what happens.

EC83 Wrote:
> I live in Dundee, which is about 50 miles away
> from Edinburgh - or one short bus ride away. Think
> you've made a pretty damn good choice - it's a bit
> expensive to live there, but apart from that it's
> got everything going for it. There's even a huge
> arts festival, called the Edinburgh Fringe, which
> is held every year during August - it draws
> millions of people from all over the world. I go
> to it every year, it's awesome. You'd probably
> love it, even if you're not an "arty" person. But
> there's loads more too which is there on a
> permanent basis.
>
> I'm hoping to join the guys at Knockhill this
> year, as Gav said, and I wouldn't mind meeting you
> at the same time - going by your posts here you
> seem like someone I'd get on with.

Bah 50 miles is nothing really when you come from oz. Ive herd of the fringe festival, don't comedians go there? I will have to check what date the Knockhill race is on and as i said before i hope i have found a job. Also awesome news ill be sure to have a pint with you if your free.

Date: April 23, 2013 02:46AM
Posted by: pankykapus
Although I'm in Spain now until July, let me know if you happen to be in Hungary after that and need a place to stay for a night or two or a few tips :)
Hey fullas.
My Holidays have ended now and i'm Living in London at the moment cause I've managed to get a job doing gardening and a bit of painting over the summer. As i don't know many people in London just wondering if any of you guys are in the London area and are keen for a drink next weekend for the Grand Prix. I'm currently living in Leyton. I don't know of any places that are showing it but i am sure that a quick Google search could find some places. I don't mind a bit of travel as long as its not too far. I am open to any suggestions as i said I'm new and currently living in a house with 2 night shift people that i don't see at all and two people who don't speak much English at all so it would be good to get away and meet some new people. let us know if your keen. Cheers

Re: My Own Euro Trip - Brisitsh Gp Drinks Interested?
Date: June 21, 2013 10:50AM
My little brother lives in Hackney, I'll ask him if he knows anywhere good that might show it. Should be on in most pubs as football season is over and there's nothing else on.

F1 in Pubs are hosting a few events for the British GP in London.

Take a look here mate.

[www.f1inpubs.co.uk]

It's great fun to watch F1 in a social atmosphere with other fans. I'd really recommend trying to get to one of their events.

It's completely free as well so you've got more dosh for a few pints while you're there.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Re: My Own Euro Trip - Brisitsh Gp Drinks Interested?
Date: June 21, 2013 05:44PM
Some cinemas also screen it, worth googling around!

Thanks guys will look into it. Hopefully i have a free weekend so i can watch all the sessions. Loving the fact that i dont have to stay up and watch it at night time to see a f1 race

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy