Ricky Gervais interviews Coldplay's Chris Martin.

Posted by LS. 
Ricky Gervais interviews Coldplay's Chris Martin.
Date: January 11, 2006 01:29PM
Posted by: LS.
Its a piss take obviously :) ( quicktime req )

[www.rickygervais.com]

And theres a magazine article too

[www.rickygervais.com]

Gotta love Ricky, he's tops :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2006 01:30PM by LS..
Re: Ricky Gervais interviews Coldplay's Chris Martin.
Date: January 11, 2006 02:36PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Yep Ricky is a laugh. Looked at the John Cleese videos too. What did Chris say about Gwyneth? I couldn't hear over Ricky's guffawing.
Date: January 11, 2006 02:39PM
Posted by: b-tone
hes funny.
and a better taste in music than martin has in comedians

____
Tony

Date: January 11, 2006 07:23PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Marc Lister, its something like "paid in _______" referring to the 4 billion he got from Apple, but can't understand the word that Ricky laughs at.

I like the 'clothes from the sweatshop' line.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
i still don't understand why some of you guys dislike coldplay??? i'm going to their concert in july, cost me 100bucks but i think its worth it, it sold out in 2 days too.

seriously, whats your beef with coldplay? or james blunt for that matter (aimed at you muks)

Andrew. Australia.
Date: January 12, 2006 12:48PM
Posted by: gav
Generally blandness. Blunt it more of a stereo-typical pop guy who's taking the piss by immitating talent, in my opinion. The fans are flocking thinking they've found something emotive and deep, when really, it's just crap when you scrape away the thin vein of shinyness.

Coldplay are better. They have a poor side, usually lyrically ("you belong with me, not swallowed in the sea" WTF), but I personally don't mind them too much. As popular music goes, it's some of the better stuff this century (not saying much). I'm not a fan at all, but I can listen to an album, and they and REM have supported each other in shows in the past 2 years (Chris Martin joining REM on stage, Michael Stipe joining Coldplay for a couple of songs at a time), so I guess I'm forced to endure them anyway... :|
Date: January 12, 2006 12:50PM
thank god i've no idea about this blunt guy.
but coldplay are ok. i guess the only down side is the 'were bigger than u2' after their debut album - give them 30 years before they can say that

____
Tony

Date: January 12, 2006 12:54PM
Posted by: gav
Yup. Though U2 suck too IMO (their 'legend' status preceeds their actual ability). ;)

But you're right. Bands can only be judged in the long term, and I'd pay out lots if James Blunt was still around in 10 years and described as gifted. Coldplay's already been around for, what 5 years now? They're still going, so it's not just a fad. They must be doing something right.

Saying that, Take That's reunion tour sold out pretty much instantly... so I'm obviously talking bollocks. Or Take That are actually good.
Date: January 12, 2006 01:09PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
in rairness they never said they were bigger than U2 after "parachutes" only after "a rush of bloody to the head".

Take That are good :p I tried to get a ticket, but failed. Didn't tey hard enough - I've since rwalised there will be 80,000 women of the ages 21 - 28 in one place. Idiot!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
well since you've put james blunt into prespective, i now totally agree with you, i only know that blunt has an annoying voice and that he is my girlfriend's favourite singer atm.

as for coldplay, ye i agree, some of those songs from their new album makes no sense but overall i'm a fan. The songs Yellow, The Scientist and Amsterdam was what got me hooked.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: January 12, 2006 04:17PM
Posted by: Muks_C
the other guys have generally summed up why i hate Blunt. I don't 'hate' Coldplay, i just don't particularly like them.

and you say the song 'Yellow' among others got you hooked.

i absolutely despise that song. its all nonsense. "i drew a line, i drew a line for you, it was all yellow".

what does that mean? nothing, thats the answer! but you get the whole depressed student crowd sitting in their bedrooms acting like they've got the weight of the world on them, praising Coldplay and the like as the saviours of music. thats what i don't like. i find their music boring really, thats the main thing.

in an interview, Chris said that when he was writing yellow, he needed a 2 syllable word to end each line, and saw a yellow pages on the table, so used 'yellow'. but the fans seem to think there's a deeper divine meaning to it, when really, its just talking drivel.

and Gav explained how i feel about Blunt pretty accurately.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 12, 2006 04:25PM
but in fairness the new album is very good. Talk has a great melody on it, as does fix you and speed of sound.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
I was messing around on my guitar during my lunch break at college this afternoon when something occurred to me about the music business and the stuff that people such as James Blunt right...

He's obviously found a niche, admittedly, the stuff he writes is absolute bollocks, but because he's fit himself into this nice little area of music that people enjoy, he can make lots of money...

Which got me thinking, could anyone just sit down, and think up some lyrics, get some guy to write a cheesy tune and make lots of money?

I think somehow that yes, you probably could
I liked yellow because of the tune, i didn't pay attention to the lyrics :P

ok when you say someone depressed, what would you recommend to them?

Andrew. Australia.
Date: January 12, 2006 05:32PM
happy music?

Otherwise, some OK Computer or The Bends by Radiohead.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: January 12, 2006 05:36PM
nothing like leonard cohen to chase away those blues :)

____
Tony

Date: January 12, 2006 07:14PM
Posted by: LS.
Coldplays X & Y is a brilliant album, one of the best i heard in 2005

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
It's not bad really, some of the stuff is a bit similar, but overall X&Y ain't a bad album at all...

A rush of blood to the head on the other hand was appalling
Date: January 12, 2006 10:32PM
Posted by: markko
The thing with Coldplay, you have to listen to their albums a few times. Some tracks dont need picking out because they stand out - like Clocks or Fix You, but other songs like A Message you only pick up after hearing the album a few times.
Date: January 12, 2006 11:33PM
I kind of agree, I find I like coldplay when im in the exact right mood. If im in any other mood, a rush of blood to thew head is god awful.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy