GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: January 23, 2012 06:37AM
Posted by: Guimengo
So there's this incredible 1:12 1965 Honda for sale, ships worldwide and it's made by Tamiya:

[cgi.ebay.com]

You Europeans should take advantage of this, I guess it'll sell for about $80-90 US dollars.
Date: January 24, 2012 01:03AM
So my Fisichella arrived today... the seller was unintelligent enough to wrap some bubblewrap around the model but forgot about protecting the front wing, which arrived in 2 pieces. Mirrors were bent too, massive shame :(.
Date: January 24, 2012 01:50AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Hmmm, could be a possible fix mate, I've had broken models arrive before, front wings and mirrors can usually be fixed

Worst was probably the other day when I opened my package to find my Takagi A20 missing a rear wheel :(

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: January 24, 2012 02:00AM
the front right wheel isn't looking good either, this good really screwed up as not only do I not get to have the model, he'll be losing plenty of money (his and mine shipping costs + reselling for much less).
Date: January 24, 2012 06:31AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Here are the images of my Ixo Mazda 787B 1:43 model;

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 24, 2012 01:30PM
Posted by: J i m
Sweet. They took the full size to Le Mans last year for a demo or few.

Date: January 25, 2012 07:17AM
So any tips on how I should fix this?

The seller is giving me a full refund and told me to keep it.

Edit: Actual auction pictures, the amount of dust/dirt by the front wing was just as bad throughout the whole car and even worse in the cockpit and rear axle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2012 10:40AM by Guimengo.
Date: January 25, 2012 09:54AM
Posted by: fongu
wow, a nice freebie :)

Thankfully, I've only experienced very small damage in the past, nothing a dab of glue won't fix. Never had a front wing come off though

Date: January 25, 2012 10:22AM
I just got done cleaning as much as humanly possible without very precise tools, my god how can someone be so careless! There was an unbelievable amount of dust in the model, the T-cam is clearly broken and actually the left arm is split at the shoulder. Some of the decal has broken off too but it should be quite passable without close inspection once I glue things back! What you see on the tire is some kind of melted glue-ish liquid that will not come off without damaging the rubber so I did the best I could to fade the white as much as possible.

Will post pictures once it's done! I should have taken proper detailed photos of how dirty the thing was before I started cleaning ;).

Edit: Added above 2 images from the auction showing condition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2012 10:41AM by Guimengo.
Date: January 25, 2012 10:28PM
Posted by: danm
Bad news on my Jordan 195 - the idiot who sent it didn't write it as a gift - so an already pricey model is now going to cost me another surcharge in import duty when it didn't need to.

I have a USPS tracking note telling me to expect a letter tomorrow with the exact charges.

I had this before with a pair of shoes, but it was only around £6 with DHL.

To be honest, I was unhappy the amount I paid to begin with, it was just over my limit, but this now takes the biscuit.

What rights would I have to return it; if any? I wasn't warned whatsoever, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it to begin with.

I am really annoyed.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 25, 2012 10:36PM
Seems many of us have had a nasty experience of late then :(

The oversees charge though... I doubt there is any thing you can really do except be careful to note the location of items in future.

Date: January 25, 2012 10:54PM
What do you bet he's insured it more than it's value too... lol

Date: January 26, 2012 12:39AM
Posted by: fongu
i've had a few bad experiences in the past month, my Jordan 196 was damaged in transport and the rear wheel had come off its axle completely. But i put it back together and the screw on the box holds it in place.

I ordered a Hakkinen MP4/16 in the Merc box, but when it arrived, it was the MP4/15 model in the 2001 box. Thankfully they had a current version in stock and it was exchanged, but it cost me to ship it back to Malta!

I've got a model being returned to me because Onyx can't put stickers in the right place, and one of the mirrors fell off in transit. Should have said no returns but couldn't be bothered arguing it!

Also missed out on a couple of great deals because i was out and my phone's internet was too slow to counter offers near the end. Shame as I think prices will go up now the launches are under way.

Date: January 26, 2012 01:28AM
fongu Wrote:
> I ordered a Hakkinen MP4/16 in the Merc box, but
> when it arrived, it was the MP4/15 model in the
> 2001 box. Thankfully they had a current version in
> stock and it was exchanged, but it cost me to ship
> it back to Malta!

I'd have argued to get the shipping fees refunded too, everytime I've had problems where I've had to send back something I make it a point of being given money back.
Date: January 27, 2012 03:13AM
Well, I can carefully sand off the excess glue in a few days, for now I am just happy that everything is in one piece instead of 6:

Cleaned as best as I could, you can see some fuzzy bits of cotton stuck in the diffuser but cotton is far better than all the crap I cleaned ;). Unfortunately the tires will have to be done a different time, even alcohol couldn't remove all of that stuff and the little things in between treads.
Date: January 27, 2012 06:59AM
Here's a 97 Jordan (Ralf) going at a great price so far:

Link gone so Dan can get it ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2012 04:20PM by Guimengo.
Date: January 27, 2012 11:29AM
shhh gui, I was already bidding on it!

Date: January 27, 2012 01:27PM
Posted by: Carlitox
@Gui: For cleaning the tyres I'd suggest using a sharp thing like the back end of a needle or a pen without ink, but you have to be very patient and careful. I use them to clean the cockpit and some difficult parts of my single seaters, not precisely the tyres because my models have all slicks, but it works nicely. Just patience and care ;-)

@Dan: Too late, just bidded! (Kidding, hehe)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: January 27, 2012 03:20PM
I'm tempted to bid too, only I overdid it this month and out-spent my budget so should refrain from the game for a while. Plus I have far too many Ralf Schumacher related models already which is a bit embarrassing if i'm honest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2012 03:51PM by J i m.
Date: January 27, 2012 03:49PM
Posted by: marcl
Cars are to expensive now :( still thinking about selling mine.

I should do really I need the money.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy